• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone level 2 with the gunsmith, Could you place two orders? I'm level 1 and 3/4. Can place an order but am wondering if I should quickly get rank 2 first.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So if you order something you won't get it till next week? Meaning you have to have it in your inventory all that time? Bungie please.

Tovarisc

Boast or not, but I'm quite happy to start I got yesterday when it comes to gear. All items are either drops or quest rewards, yet to tap into vendor purchasing. Heroic strikes are more than doable with that light :) Stag isn't what you would call good exotic, but it's very nice booster for light.

0IxE1pE.jpg

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428450795/2305843009215791342

Yeah that's not an issue. How many items can you Infuse? You can get a bunch of stuff to higher light levels for the price of a piece of gear. I wouldn't since you already have most slots filled. Go farm court of Oryx. Lots of drops, plus the light level on the drops get higher as your light level gets higher.

If anything buy the ghost from the Vanguard.

Tovarisc

How do those keys work?
There are sooo many chest that requiere some sort of key and I don't get it :D

You find special items to trigger special encounters by using different terminals and such, and these encounter bosses can drop items that have task attachment to them. Complete said task and item turns into key for e.g. Akka's chest. This is one way of getting keys to those chests.

Explore a lot, kill a lot and loot everything that isn't wormed down when in Dreadnaught.

Ambitious

Yeah that's not an issue. How many items can you Infuse? You can get a bunch of stuff to higher light levels for the price of a piece of gear. I wouldn't since you already have most slots filled. Go farm court of Oryx. Lots of drops, plus the light level on the drops get higher as your light level gets higher.

If anything buy the ghost from the Vanguard.

I'm in a similar situation. My gear:
Blue Helmet = 235
Purple Gloves = 220 (Thinking about infusing my 233 blues)
Purple Chest = 245
Purple Boots = 245

In total, I have 237 light. My ghost is just 220, so I guess my best course of action might buy the Vanguard ghost, as you said?

Tovarisc

Thanks. So for like quests that give 25 is that for a ween then wait on the reset or can you play that quest 5 times in a day for 125?

Afaik those quests are one time deal, at least rewards are. Only way to get guaranteed coins is doing daily quests, and 3x Weekly + Nfall per week.

k1t4j

Afaik those quests are one time deal, at least rewards are. Only way to get guaranteed coins is doing daily quests, and 3x Weekly + Nfall per week.

Do you know if they work when you go through them with a different class, that would be handy

BraXzy

Boast or not, but I'm quite happy to start I got yesterday when it comes to gear. All items are either drops or quest rewards, yet to tap into vendor purchasing. Heroic strikes are more than doable with that light :) Stag isn't what you would call good exotic, but it's very nice booster for light.

0IxE1pE.jpg

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428450795/2305843009215791342

Did you do anything specific to get decent drops? Any specific game mode? Or are you just super lucky? I got the one legendary from a main quest that is guaranteed and that's it.

Tovarisc

Did you do anything specific to get decent drops? Any specific game mode? Or are you just super lucky? I got the one legendary from a main quest that is guaranteed and that's it.

Just quests and a lots of killing. Stag came from legendary helm engram that I got from doing normal grind. I didn't do any game mode over others intentionally or on purpose, just went with flow of quests.

After reading the Bungie forums ive never in all my years of gaming felt so guilty and disgusted at a gaming purchase.

They completely screwed over people that didnt or couldnt buy their newest expansion have you guys seen what they left non TTK owners with? I know not wanting split the player base but the past expansions did it in a way that was acceptable and could have done again,what they did with this expansion is gross.Non TTk owners get no access to nightfalls and bare bones pvp like wtf.....basically punishing for not buying their new over priced expansion.Not to mention the whole "we dont support gamesharing" crap they posted just this morning after they did for the base game and both previous expansions.

Sigh I sit here looking at my CE feeling so shitty for buying a product from such a greedy dev its like Bungie became radical extremists at being greedy.

nOoblet16

That boss is quite cool. Especially if and when you shoot bosses helmet off, his head glows in dark :D
Yea but I dont like how you lose sense of direction because...just cause. Even though your ghost has a torch. Exploding enemies and enemies that stick to you when you dont have any sense of direction is a bit bad. I had to resort to fatebringer.

This will be a shit strike for nightfall.

Tovarisc

Yea but I dont like how you lose sense of direction because...just cause. Even though your ghost has a torch. Exploding enemies and enemies that stick to you when you dont have any sense of direction is a bit bad. I had to resort to fatebringer.

This will be a shit strike for nightfall.

Gamma / brightness up before jumping down then. Personally I'm not bothered by that darkness, but I can see why it may be frustrating shit to some.

Also, it's nightfall this week :D

Shito

Did you guys order something from the gunsmith yet?
Are we limited to one package?
I'm torn between the scout and pulse, but if we're not limited I'll take both...

Kyoufu

Did you guys order something from the gunsmith yet?
Are we limited to one package?
I'm torn between the scout and pulse, but if we're not limited I'll take both...

We\re limited by rank. Rank 1 = 1 gun. Rank 2 = 2 guns. Rank 3 = 3 guns.

I think that's how it works anyway.

nOoblet16

After reading the Bungie forums ive never in all my years of gaming felt so guilty and disgusted at a gaming purchase.

They completely screwed over people that didnt or couldnt buy their newest expansion have you guys seen what they left non TTK owners with? I know not wanting split the player base but the past expansions did it in a way that was acceptable and could have done again,what they did with this expansion is gross.Non TTk owners get no access to nightfalls and bare bones pvp like wtf.....basically punishing for not buying their new over priced expansion.Not to mention the whole "we dont support gamesharing" crap they posted just this morning after they did for the base game and both previous expansions.

Sigh I sit here looking at my CE feeling so shitty for buying a product from such a greedy dev its like Bungie became radical extremists at being greedy.
What's new though? Nightfalls have always had DLC content and loot table according to thr latest release. The alternative is not to have any of the new stuff in nightfalls.

And punishing how? That you dont get to play the new stuff that you dont want to pay for? The PvP without TTK is bare bones because that's how it was...you get clash, control, rumble on old maps... and that's about it. TTK is not really overpriced by the way, I simply cannot see this content addition and design overhaul at a lower price than $40...maybe maybe at $30-35 but I dont feel like they are ripping me off at $40. There are people who genuinely think it should have been $20. This is not $20 worth of stuff it's much more.

For a game like Destiny you cannot expect the developers to cater to non DLCs owner in the same way the DLC owners do. That is you cannot expect them to change the system so that it works for both DLC owners and non DLC owners considering the game's structure and how the servers are universal for all platforms (It's the reason why Our never sold any PS exclusive stuff or PS exclusive strikes were never in nightfalls..because Xbox players didn't have them).

Shito

Were limited by rank. Rank 1 = 1 gun. Rank 2 = 2 guns. Rank 3 = 3 guns.
Hmmm.
I see there are new weapons to test, so I should be able to reach rank 2 today.
Will order the scout and see if after ranking up to 2 I can order the pulse: thanks! :)

Klyka

Banned

This is a 40$ expansion.
We're not talking about 100$ or 500$ or 1000$ for something here.
This is literally a product you could afford by putting away 5$ every month when it was first announced.

Some people buy stuff,others don't. Some people have the money to buy stuff, others don't. Don't feel bad cause you have the money to buy something you enjoy.

ocean

Banned
What's new though? Nightfalls have always had DLC content and loot table according to thr latest release. The alternative is not to have any of the new stuff in nightfalls.

And punishing how? That you dont get to play the new stuff that you dont want to pay for? The PvP without TTK is bare bones because that's how it was...you get clash, control, rumble on old maps... and that's about it.

TTK is not really overpriced by the way, I simply cannot see this content addition and design overhaul at a lower price than 40. There are people who genuinely think it should have been $20. This is not $20 worth of stuff it's much more.

For a game like Destiny you cannot expect the developers to cater to non DLCs owner in the same way the DLC owners do. That is you cannot expect them to change the system so that it works for both DLC owners and non DLC owners considering the game's structure and how the servers are universal for all platforms (It's the reason why Our never sold any PS exclusive stuff or PS exclusive strikes were never in nightfalls..because Xbox players didn't have them).
Value is subjective. I'd have payed US$100 for this without batting an eye. Or US$200. Months of entertainment? Yeah I don't really mind paying for it. Someone else just seeing "a 3 hour story campaign" because he doesn't Raid or whatever might legitimately feel this is a US$20 value.

The problem with non DLC owners is that the game no longer caters to them. Previously, all the playlists were non-DLC. You wanna play Control on DLC maps? Sorry this week DLC is ____ in the top right corner. That's done now.

People who used to have a multitude of modes can only play Clash, Skirmish or Rumble. No Taken King? No Rift obviously, but no Control either - or Salvage - tough pill to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom