• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayyyyy first part of the chaperone quest done. It's clearly popular as I've seen no less than 2 guys every match playing turtle with TLW haha.

I really feel for those who aren't good at PVP though, because if you thought the Thorn bounty was bad....

You literally need to maintain a 2.0+ KD for probably over 50 kills.

I'm betting it'll get nerfed in requirements soon tho.

Also wow; the Taken are really annoying playing against when your solo and underleveled. They have wayyyy too many abilities and attacks that stack on top of eachother that make them a chore to fight sometimes. I don't know if I hate the captain's dark blast or the goblin shields more.

GlamFM

Banned
BTW. Taken King is fucking awesome - and we have not even sen the Raid yet.

The entire game has been elevated to a new level - what a great time to be a Destiny addict.

Oh man, what a crazy couple of days.
Today I'll finally start TTK.

Any smart tips? I should save commendation/public event packages until I'm lvl 40, amarite?
Also, should I dismantle all Year 1 legendaries except maybe VoG/Crota for sentimental purposes :D ?

I'm rank two so I ordered two guns. You have to keep these in your inventory tho? :(

Edit - anyone need a third for daily PVP and Heroic? PSN - DirtyAquaticApe

GlamFM

Banned
Oh man, what a crazy couple of days.
Today I'll finally start TTK.

Any smart tips? I should save commendation/public event packages until I'm lvl 40, amarite?
Also, should I dismantle all Year 1 legendaries except maybe VoG/Crota for sentimental purposes :D ?

Yes and yes.

Keep your elemental primaries for bounties. There are some that require a certain burn.

nOoblet16

Value is subjective. I'd have payed US$100 for this without batting an eye. Or US$200. Months of entertainment? Yeah I don't really mind paying for it. Someone else just seeing "a 3 hour story campaign" because he doesn't Raid or whatever might legitimately feel this is a US$20 value.

The problem with non DLC owners is that the game no longer caters to them. Previously, all the playlists were non-DLC. You wanna play Control on DLC maps? Sorry this week DLC is ____ in the top right corner. That's done now.

People who used to have a multitude of modes can only play Clash, Skirmish or Rumble. No Taken King? No Rift obviously, but no Control either - or Salvage - tough pill to swallow.

I see, but like I said, the alternative is the scenario we had previously where you had a separate playlist for the DLC maps and no one would really play them because the rotations would get tedious as there weren't enough maps. What Bungie should do is follow the model of Halo where they release old stuff for free after a while.

And yes, anyone who only looks at the story mission for their value is doing is wrong for this game. But yes what is value? If it's the amount of time spent then it's worth hundreds of hours for me which would make it more expensive than anything out there. As it stands though TTK introduces an overhaul of the game design (such as economy, leveling, changes to old content), weapon balancing, quest system, 5 strikes, 8 new maps for PvP, 2 new game modes, 3 new sub classes, a new raid and tens of exotic weapons and armour.

Placing a value on it without considering all of that and only the specific that you like and then calling out the developers to be greedy is unfair.

KxoZz

Read the 'riddle' pretty much spells it out on the item.

Ok found the chest.

I found a Wormsinger rune. Not sure exactly how, but once You have that, there's a console you can interact with in one of the hadium flake chest locations at Hullbreach. Then the Hive summon 2 waves of majors and a massive ogre which you have to kill. The ogre drops another wormsinger rune. You then have to kill 50 enemies in th Dreadnaught and then you get the Key of Xol.

Klyka

Banned
Just mercy ruled some people in the daily salvage using the sword only once the heavy popped. Sword is so much fun.

How viable is Sword in PvP?

Does it do the Bladedancer auto lock on and lag/teleport you around so you are basically invulnerable?
Does blocking block bullets?

KxoZz

Ok, I got another key by doing the same thing with the same rune. Is the Key you get random?
Where's the chest of Akka? D:

I finally got internet and I'm downloading TTK right now.

Any tips or anything before I start like when I should be using that level up item?

Klyka

Banned
I'm a little sad that by the time I'll get to play the raid it'll already be fully figured out and cheesed to hell and back :(

Ayyyyy first part of the chaperone quest done. It's clearly popular as I've seen no less than 2 guys every match playing turtle with TLW haha.

I really feel for those who aren't good at PVP though, because if you thought the Thorn bounty was bad....

You literally need to maintain a 2.0+ KD for probably over 50 kills.

I'm betting it'll get nerfed in requirements soon tho.

Yeah its a bit much but overall it felt like a good refresher for me since I haven't played pvp consistently since before TDB. Ended up going 3-4.0 KDR towards the end when I was barely hitting 1.5 at the beginning. Main thing is avoid engaging enemies when you're alone and run away if you don't like the look of an encounter.

It isn't mentioned but getting your super mutli-kill badge gives like 10% on its own. Also I think heavy ammo has a bonus too.

I hope they don't change it much. It isn't nearly as crazy as it first seems. They should definitely fix the loss penalty though. Sometimes its 2% instead of 1% and I could never put a finger on what was happening differently. 99% sure its a bug.

Also wow; the Taken are really annoying playing against when your solo and underleveled. They have wayyyy too many abilities and attacks that stack on top of eachother that make them a chore to fight sometimes. I don't know if I hate the captain's dark blast or the goblin shields more

Yeah seriously. The captains with the gigantic orbs of blindness and the goblins or thralls that shield other enemies need a nerf, maybe the cooldown on their skills. You have to contend with the fact that there are an insane amount of them constantly streaming in and they're all doing crazy shit making them more tedious to fight. Oh and the vandals with the shield lol. They're basically the new hobgoblins with their fire wire rifles.

Bizazedo

BTW. Taken King is fucking awesome - and we have not even sen the Raid yet.

The entire game has been elevated to a new level - what a great time to be a Destiny addict.

Imo, it's what year one should've been, so my praise is a bit muted. So far so good, though :).

Omni

Got to light level 263 on day 1. RNG was kind to me. In four strikes, I got four legendary engrams and now my Titan has full legendary gear. It's not terribly strong and will need to infuse bits, but I'm not complaining.

Just need a better selection of weapons now.

Uh guys....is it true you can infuse stuff with blues and not just legendaries?????

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3l52rc/you_can_also_infuse_legendaries_with_higher/

Cause that basically just changed the entire "omg my legendary marks" game.

Yup. I was kicking myself earlier for dismantling all I had... >.<

Carn82

For a game like Destiny you cannot expect the developers to cater to non DLCs owner in the same way the DLC owners do.

This goes for many online (multiplayer) games. If you don't aquire the new content, you`ll be left behind in one way or another. Maybe the content in question will open up 'later' in the game's lifecycle, but in that case you pay the price of waiting.

Anyone got a good summary of ways to get the best loot most efficiently? I managed to get to 250 light but I feel kind of stuck.

Got the quest from faction vendor for the exotic class item, but I can't finish it. Heroic strikes are way too hard at my level ..kinda bummed on that.

Kaversmed

Can anyone explain how infusion works exactly?

If I have a 235 item and infuse it with a 255 item, will the 235 item rise to an average between the two or how does it work?

Omni

Heroic strikes... omg.

The new strike in the Cosmodrone with the giant Shank as the boss is probably the hardest thing I've ever played in Destiny. Attempted it four times and we couldn't get past the opening section where you defend the Warsat. Got to 97% complete one time but eh. Even the strike where you fight in the dark is easier.

Shito

Damn, just did that new cabal strike for the first time: that boss fight was... Phew.
Not looking forward to seeing this as a nightfall with petty modifiers. ^^

Kaversmed

Basically but will be closer to 255 than 235. Will probably make it 232-3

According to a post on reddit it will add 80% (rounded up) of the difference between your low light gear and higher light gear to the gear that you are infusing. Dunno if that's correct but it's very likely

So if you are infusing a 235 gear with a 255 gear it will make the new gear around 251.

Mupod

"No more weekly cap on marks!"

and then they gate them behind daily/weekly stuff. Oh bungie.

Anyways I'm thinking tonight I need to check out the dreadnaught patrol, haven't been there yet. Mostly just ran strikes yesterday. And by that I mean it gave me the arc orb one over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom