• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

What is everyone ordering from the Gunsmith for Armsday?

I can make 2 order because I was Rank 2 yesterday. What are the best guns?

Kaversmed

What is everyone ordering from the Gunsmith for Armsday?

I can make 2 order because I was Rank 2 yesterday. What are the best guns?

Do we place orders at the gunsmith? I'm rank 1 right now, but can't recall seeing anything about placing orders. Maybe I was just so confused by all those blinking icons everywhere that I missed it xD

Tecnniqe

Banned
Finally get to play! First mission was really good.

Veteran's Tour was fun. Everyone telling me how great I am. Thanks, I know.

Obligatory
SNjRGzu.png

Shito

Those takens are so much more a pain in the ass to kill than the regular enemies.
Those bubble guys, I hate them with a passion.

That being said, nightstalker super is soooo satisfying. Blood bound for life.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Where is the mausoleum? I have key of the spawn.

And I got a headache trying to explain this game to certain people. People are telling me this and that about the game like I've never played it.

Shito

Oh so you can't hoard the cryptarch packages anymore as well.
Of course, it gave me a class item engram that gave me the same legendary cloak I already had... but with 10 more light.
Ok.

Played for about an hour last night, so I'll have some super fast impressions of the first level and some.

First of all, Veterans Tour. That's shit got me so hyped, and it felt gratifying that I was there from day one and I ended up get Red Death my most wanted Exotic in Vanilla AND it's getting a Year 2 edition :eek: YES! I went crazy when it decidedd to drop as a gift for playing Year 1! Thanks Bungie!

Second of all, the Phobos mission and the intro cinematic. The intro cinematic was so good! SO GOOD. The part where the Queen says: "Mara Sov boss to no one." and the whole Dreadnaught explosion thing killing a lot of the awoken in the rings of Saturn. Great stuff. Also, and don't flatout tell me, but is
Mara Sov dead? She got rekt pretty hardcore.

The first mission was fantastic. The story is already a league ahead of anything they've done before and the cutscenes are superb. Watching the Cabal crawl away from impending death, or getting sucked into the Taken dimension was horrifying. Nailed the atmosphere here. Only thing, is I wish you flight with the Cabal and they didn't shoot at you but eh whatever. The Ghost is actually good too! Nolanbot #FTW. I love how the story progresses while you actually play the mission and like someone said before, you feel like the catalyst for this story. The mini-boss fight at the end was decent and the enemies weren't super special YET besides the Cabal that could shoot blasts from his shield.

The characters. Cayde is awesome. "Cayde, where are you going, this conversation is not over?!" "Yeah, that's why I'm leaving." or "Get that rock off my map." So much good stuff from Fillion as expected. Hell, good stuff from everyone. I'm really liking Zavala and Eris a lot! Eris is so cool, and something the Dark Below needed to touch on more. I also really loved the exchange between the Warlock Vanguard and Cayde: "We need a Warlock in the Dreadnaught!" "Here we go..." XD Too good.

The only really annoying or tedious thing I'm noticing so far is the quests. I had so many of them and my Tower HUD was just filled with them. Kind of annoying.

So far so good! I love the intricacies with the characters and the detail to level and environments. Seeing the Taken portals felt really mystical. Looking into them and almost having them pull you in was great! So excited to play more whenever that will be.

:D

Marvel

could never
Hey you guys, remember when we used to ask how we get up to 170 light? Lol Feel like a pro now I'm approaching 260.

Shito

The only really annoying or tedious thing I'm noticing so far is the quests. I had so many of them and my Tower HUD was just filled with them. Kind of annoying.
Well, let me tell you, this is nothing compared to what happens after finishing the main quest. ^^
Quests, quests everywhere!

Yeah, just found a green machine gun that's apparently better than Gjallarhorn hahahaha 😖
Did the first few missions with the usual VoC / FB / Horn combo.
And then greens and blues happened and what is a Horn already?

Thanks! So if I grind for 75 of those stuff can I go to the Tower and leave with my 3 swords?

ohhh i wish was that way ... in the end of the quest you where given the choice of get one of them ... if you want the 3, do with 3 characters and get one with each

KxoZz

Man there is so much to do on the Dreadnaught! So much to find! So many secrets. This is what the game should have been from the start, it's great.

Yeah, just found a green machine gun that's apparently better than Gjallarhorn hahahaha ��

i wouldn't look at blind numeric stats on those. Ballerhorn still melts all the bosses, especially with Weapons of Light.

(and with armor you'll still want some perks instead of a little more protection)

Ambitious

239 light. Not sure what to do next. Don't have any legendary marks left. My available quests are either boring or impossible (light too low). I can't seem to find anything interesting on the Dreadnought. Found just two calcified fragments so far. Bunch of chests which require keys I don't have. Named enemies that don't drop anything. I just tried Court of Oryx for the first time. Got a bunch of useless blues and a bounty ("Light from Darkness").

Am_I_Evil

stupid work...i want to be at home grinding lol....the addiction is real...

got my hunter to max 243 yesterday and am working the next 2 days...gonna be a pain getting him raid ready by Friday but hopefully i can pull it off...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wait a minute, hold the fuck up. I just leveled the gunsmith to rank 1 and bought a weapon order, and now it says I get a new weapon on Wednesday... are you telling me I now have to wait until NEXT wednesday to get the weapon? If so that is fucking stupid.

ocean

Banned
Any tips? Or just lucky drops?
My biggest investment was pouring tons of Motes and Heavy Ammo to my faction to level it up. Wound up with Scout, Sniper, Shotgun, 3 Rocket Launchers, Gauntlets, Chest Piece and Class Item at pretty good Light level. (Also got 3 shaders hype).

By the time I was done with main story, some quests, Daily PvP and Daily Heroic Story I had 75 Marks. Bought a 280 Light Ghost.

Other than that, as you play blues will start getting even better than your Legendaries and you'll creep your way up.

i wouldn't look at blind numeric stats on those. Ballerhorn still melts all the bosses, especially with Weapons of Light.

(and with armor you'll still want some perks instead of a little more protection)

Yeah, I don't plan to get rid of my heavy boots just yet. Got some green gauntlets with hand cannon reloader though, so that's nice.

kiguel182

Man, the progression past level cap is so much better than in Vanilla. I'm actually feeling overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to do instead of lost with no idea on how to progress.

In fairness the main story in vanilla was longer too but still, this should be the system going forward for Destiny.

Also, what Luke Smith said about moving forward every time you play as been true. The new light system really allows you to improve your gear and stats just by playing for a bit. The RNG is way more balanced.

I don't know how the game will evolve when I get to higher light levels but so far I'm really enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom