• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dismantling Fully Leveled Legendary 4-5

Fwiw the legendary doesn't have to be fully leveled. I got 5 Marks from some Legendary boots that were probably <75% leveled.

Fun run Drizz and Ruthless. Maximum clench throughout

Lol for sure! Really fun Daily yesterday, hadn't had one that tense since literally the first couple weeks of vanilla when I was grinding hard for Ascendant Shards and doing Max level Dailies while two levels down.

Can't wait to be properly leveled. I really hate feeling so ill equipped.

Shito

i wouldn't look at blind numeric stats on those. Ballerhorn still melts all the bosses, especially with Weapons of Light.

(and with armor you'll still want some perks instead of a little more protection)

Yeah, I don't plan to get rid of my heavy boots just yet. Got some green gauntlets with hand cannon reloader though, so that's nice.
The thing is, though, that we're all in a race to get to 280~290 light, and those old gear will drag you down significantly on that front.
The Y1 gear is dead, better embrace the idea and work on the new one! :)

But yeah, I'm still stingy that I now only carry 5 rockets...

Trickster

Which
Flavor of Sword
did everyone decide on? I stood at the screen for 10 minutes and failed to pick one!

I sat thinking about the pros and cons for like 5 minutes, then got annoyed at the dilemma, said fuck it and went for fire version because I'm a Titan who uses the new fire based subclass

The thing is, though, that we're all in a race to get to 280~290 light, and those old gear will drag you down significantly on that front.

well sure, but i'm in no hurry to hit that cap. And until i find a purple/exotic Rawkit Lawnchair to replace the 'horn i can keep it around unless it's prohibiting me from entering a mission.

Nighte

Anyone wanna team up for some patrols? Psn Nightzoor. Light 265 atm but clueless when it comes to dreadnaught patrols.. Fireteam set to public

Strider

That ol' Last Word, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be.

At 58% after 3 games today, absolutely no idea how the progression for that quest works though.

I'm a couple steps past that now. Next you
Pay a 15,000 glimmer bribe to the Cryptarch... Then you have to get crucible kills with shotguns (Not sure exactly how many but I'm a couple kills away from completing after 3 games so not many)

I think there is one more step after this which I'll figure out soon.

phen0m24

So as I wait for the CE MisterThirsty, navy bean and I finished the story on XB1 last night. That was fun as a group!

Then Bean and I went down to do the hive bounty on earth and figured ah let's run through the divide only to see these lieutenant dorks and their boss and we mowed them down. Then a walker public event.

1:45 yeah sleep..

No idea what my light is but everything I had before feels squishy

That moment when you get a 302 rocket launcher and you're left apologizing to Gjallarhorn

Carn82

Wait a minute, hold the fuck up. I just leveled the gunsmith to rank 1 and bought a weapon order, and now it says I get a new weapon on Wednesday... are you telling me I now have to wait until NEXT wednesday to get the weapon? If so that is fucking stupid.

Yep. You need to rank up to place an order, the item(s) will arrive the following week.

ocean

Banned
That ol' Last Word, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be.

At 58% after 3 games today, absolutely no idea how the progression for that quest works though.
While TLW is equipped, 1 point per kill, 2 points for precision kill, -1 point for death.

Maximum cheese tip: for the Crucible-impaired, deaths while TLW isn't equipped don't count. So if you can't manage to make progress, you can be the sad master of cheese and only equip TLW before using Supers or Rockets. It sounds insane but it's probably the easiest way for people who don't like PvP but still want the Chap.

LiK

While TLW is equipped, 1 point per kill, 2 points for precision kill, -1 point for death.

Maximum cheese tip: for the Crucible-impaired, deaths while TLW isn't equipped don't count. So if you can't manage to make progress, you can be the sad master of cheese and only equip TLW before using Supers or Rockets. It sounds insane but it's probably the easiest way for people who don't like PvP but still want the Chap.

whoa, good tip. is TLW really that much worse that it's no longer viable in PVP? so sad.

If the bump is significant, then sure. Doesn't feel that way right now.

KxoZz

Fuck. I didn't realise that the Dead Orbit exotic bond requires a Dead Orbit allegiance to wear it. Now I switched factions to FWC and I can't wear it anymore... Light level just went down 10 points and I have to wait 'til next week.

LkPr

does anyone know can you run NF three times with the same char and get a NF drop each time? Like the Vanguard strikes and marks

So I'm confused...there is this thread which is comfortable and quirky in a predictable way and then there's the scary, new The Taken King thread over on the Gaming side.

Where should I post this
lucille-bluth-gene-parmesan.gif

when I mention that I stayed up until 1:30 am last night collecting materials so I could reforge a sword??

Void. Always go void because void sword is effective against solar and arc. Majority of the enemies have arc or solar shields. Also, void looks the best :)
Mace Windu would be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom