• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the Taken King quest? I am at step 10

Went with the scout rifle. I have a blue Trax Onus that works real well, so continuing with that gun type. Also rocked Multi-tool throughout Y1.

Is armsday today? What are the options? I should be able to pick 3 for each of my characters that did all of the gun requirements last week.

void666

Banned
7) New areas are here to explore, such as the dreadnaught. I wish I could drive through it. I also don't like this one area where you have to make this bridge materialize. I still don't know how it works.

Use your ghost to temporarily see the invisible platforms. Platforms don't vanish. Even if you can't see it it's still there.
They are everywhere.

Arrrammis

Why do people suggest buying a ghost from the vendors?

Why is it more ideal than buying a gauntlet/chest/whatever?

Probably because good ghost shells seem to almost never drop (so far I've only gotten one that is better than the blue on from the speaker), while armor drops everywhere.

neoism

damn bungie do you not think at all..

ima need to keep that layaway leg in one of my primary slots for a fucking week.

smfh

zewone

I wish I did the DO quest last week. It's much tougher to do now.

I'm only at 2/10 because I forgot the equip my DO class item at the end for one of them.

It sucks having to use my old one because it's only 140 defense and brings your light level way down.

DO doesn't sell a new one, or you don't want to use the marks?

Mindlog

Yesterday I also finally managed to get my Warlock to the point were purples are higher than blues again. That's the weirdest transition. There's some sort of weird mechanic on the back end. My Warlock went legendary/exotic -> green -> blue -> green/blue -> purple -> blue -> purple. I got my first 283 light purple from a drop.
I posted this in the OT on the gaming side, but I'd like to express my impressions of TTK so far with you all since I was out of touch with HoW after returning to the game.

10 impressions I have about TTK as a returning vanilla player:

1) Oh man, the bosses in the new strikes aren't bullet sponges! Instead, they actually require thought! My favorite boss involves
being stalked in the dark by a slow walking, teleporting boss with a giant sword.
The story's final boss was phenomenal for a first person shooter. Bungie hit their stride here.
That's the one I got for my weekly.
It was with randoms. One of the dropped as soon as we started :(
And the other person was solid :D

It took a long time, but it was still fun. It never felt like an Omnigul/No-Burn slog. My 280 Fusion Rifle that the weapon vendor built for me has been clutch.

I can't praise some of the improvement going on enough. (mission and character spoilers)
That mission searching for Praedyth is an A+ example. It's a lot of old assets, but put together in such an interesting way that it never bothered me. The small wrinkles they throw on top are great. AND they include some of the interesting Vault lore?!??!?! Yay!

Hopefully for today:
Weekly Heroics to get my New Monarchy exotic class item.
A sword.
The rest is play it by ear. There's so much to do!

Dunlop

Finally had time to play (actually sick lol)

Booted up expecting to get the story mode out of the way to be raid ready.

I am actually floored with how good the story is so far. This is what Destiny 1.0 should have been

SpecX

How long is the Taken King quest? I am at step 10

Is armsday today? What are the options? I should be able to pick 3 for each of my characters that did all of the gun requirements last week.

It resets on Wednesday and if you complete it the previous week, you get a order for a weapon type to pick. The order stays in your inventory till the next reset ti believe and can be cashed in then.

j-wood

I can't decide what to save my legendary marks up for. The new surors (which was my original plan) or bad juju (which I got as a reward from the veteran quest and holy shit it's awesome).

shermas

Well that doesn't make sense at all. Yeah, I'm going through right now and sharding a bunch of crap from my vault. My greatest fear now is that Bungie lets us infuse Year 1 guns in a future DLC LOL.

I know... it's probably fine to shard all the queen gear and how stuff, but what if....... I'm worried I'm gonna dismantle some POS that becomes the new Ghorn or something.

zewone

TTK kind of makes me want to only run one character. Nightstalker is my new favorite class and with the shared marks and the new light system, it's going to be a lot of work to get 3 characters to max light.

But this is only after one day, I'm sure I'll change my mind and go back to Warlock and Titan.

SpecX

Use your ghost to temporarily see the invisible platforms. Platforms don't vanish. Even if you can't see it it's still there.
They are everywhere.

Didn't realize this till I kept dying trying to place that last beacon and was about to rage quit, then the platform appears right before I went back to orbit.

Simonnnnn

Hmm, do I take a gamble on a chest engram from Rahool? I've got 62 legendary marks and feel kinda stuck haha. I still need a TTK chest piece too

Baliis

TTK kind of makes me want to only run one character. Nightstalker is my new favorite class and with the shared marks and the new light system, it's going to be a lot of work to get 3 characters to max light.

But this is only after one day, I'm sure I'll change my mind and go back to Warlock and Titan.

Nightstalker just feels so fun, the super feels great, then dropping the firewall grenade on them while they're trapped does a ton of damage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I honestly thought about this last night. It's going to be a slog to get everyone up to speed and to do all of this with 3 characters. I'm going to try to limit it to 2 for now until I start getting raid gear.

shermas

damn bungie do you not think at all..

ima need to keep that layaway leg in one of my primary slots for a fucking week.

smfh

If you want to order a gun, can't you wait until next Monday or Tuesday? Then it sits in your inventory for one day, versus the entire week?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can't play yet but I'm on the Destiny app checking out stuff . I thought Bad Juju was getting a year 2 version? Only gun I have ready is the Suros.

shermas

Hmm, do I take a gamble on a chest engram from Rahool? I've got 62 legendary marks and feel kinda stuck haha. I still need a TTK chest piece too

I say no. Keep playing. You can get pretty solid armor pieces from engrams or random drops. Marks are hard to come by.

-griffy-

Banned
Yesterday I also finally managed to get my Warlock to the point were purples are higher than blues again. That's the weirdest transition. There's some sort of weird mechanic on the back end. My Warlock went legendary/exotic -> green -> blue -> green/blue -> purple -> blue -> purple. I got my first 283 light purple from a drop.
You know you can use higher lvl blues to infuse lower lvl purples, right?

Ambitious

The Sniper Rifle from the Gunsmith requires me to kill Fallen Captains with it in order to gain reputation. Just like how killing Majors does not count for the Grimoire, killing Major Captains doesn't work for this task either.

zewone

I honestly thought about this last night. It's going to be a slog to get everyone up to speed and to do all of this with 3 characters. I'm going to try to limit it to 2 for now until I start getting raid gear.

I was actually just giving some very good advice.

Since your RNG drops for ATK/DEF rating are based on your light, if you transfer your high ATK guns and your high DEF ghost to your other characters, their RNG drops will be high light levels from the start.

No! I did, and really regret not waiting a bit longer and buying the 280 ghost shell instead. Don't be like me! Live a life free of regret!

Jinjo

Wait till raid day and Xur has visited. He might offer exotic chest (engrams). You also might get better drops in the meanwhile. Save up a few more marks and then you can get a guaranteed 280 piece from a vendor in the category that is lacking for you the most come friday raid-day.

E92 M3

I have to real: What Bungie did with Taken King is fucking outstanding. It's practically a brand new Destiny with so many positive changes. Yes, it's overwhelming to get ready for the raid but that's because we're the crazy players. Overall, the campaign is fantastic, weapon design is great, the Taken are so challenging/fun to fight, quest system is addictive, bounties are efficient, new strikes are brilliant, rewards are a plenty and to top it off the music is better than in year 1.

Bungie took everything we said to heart and really made positive changes. When Destiny came out Bungie said "this isn't even my final form," and now here we are.

Kalamari

I think the real lesson for TTK grinding is to just wear the highest light gear, whether it's blue, purple, or yellow. If you come across any purples you like, hold onto them so you can infuse them later on with high light level blues.

hKSbLU8.jpg

It's good to be back.

Future

So its time to shard all those old legendaries for real right? No way to infuse or upgrade any of them?

Will probably still keep good ole LDR for old times sake

zewone

So its time to shard all those old legendaries for real right? No way to infuse or upgrade any of them?

Will probably still keep good ole LDR for old times sake

I'd be weary of doing that since who knows what the next expansion will bring.

i.e. Etheric Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom