• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Don't worry about the legendary/non-legendary thing so much- look at the attack or defense. You can either equip the higher one, or if you don't like it, infuse the higher one into the lower one to power it up.

I'm all blue'd up now, even so I'm peaking at about 215 light. A long ways to go yet. You home yet?

Afrocious

Might I ask how folks are getting light? I feel like things are kinda getting into a drought around 210-220. I'm 220 and I figured I'd continue working on getting my sword.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Might I ask how folks are getting light? I feel like things are kinda getting into a drought around 210-220. I'm 220 and I figured I'd continue working on getting my sword.

If you do quests, strikes, etc, you will naturally get better gear without too much thought put into it. And then of course, you can infuse your stuff to make it better.

278...doing Heroic Strikes...got a 289 Hand Cannon from Shax for doing his crucible quest. I have another part to complete now. I am guessing they are part of the PVP quests that give NF rewards?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I bought Destiny at launch (the one with the DLC) and really didn't get into it. I think my character tops out at like, level 8. I tried a few months ago and it just felt like a very empty experience. I was ready to write it off but I may be willing to give it another chance. If I wanted to get into TTK, how easy is it to meet up with people/do missions/enjoy myself? I'm on Xbox One. I just feel like getting in now there is this whole language and culture I don't understand and everyone has moved on.

Requiem

Just got these from the shield brother strike

j0S7TJr.jpg

They look so sexy

Afrocious

I bought Destiny at launch (the one with the DLC) and really didn't get into it. I think my character tops out at like, level 8. I tried a few months ago and it just felt like a very empty experience. I was ready to write it off but I may be willing to give it another chance. If I wanted to get into TTK, how easy is it to meet up with people/do missions/enjoy myself? I'm on Xbox One. I just feel like getting in now there is this whole language and culture I don't understand and everyone has moved on.

It's easy, and the best way to learn a language and a different culture is to jump into it btw.

Lé Blade Runner;179022593 said:
Is there a GAF-clan by the way? Or a clan with space left? I'd love to join one, especially EU-based ( as I live in Finland ).

I ran Raid GAF, which was branched out into separate clans. However, there's no clan support in the game aside from having a clan tag under your username. People just make friends and group with them.

The MMO experience

Requiem

Only sucky part about them is that silver thing takes up a lot of screen space when hip firing TLW...it actually covers the reticle during the fan fire animation

matmanx1

New legendary weapons are raining from the sky. 3 shotguns, a pulse rifle, scout rifle, HC, Rocket Launcher and 2 Heavy MG's and I haven't even played all that much.

Meanwhile I can't buy a new legendary piece of armor. Literally can't buy. Don't have the marks yet. =(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The MMO experience
Compared to a traditional MMO gear treadmill (and don't get me wrong, Destiny has a gear treadmill for sure), it's actually a bit less of a "left behind" situation in Destiny, especially right now. In a lot of ways even veterans had to start from scratch on Tuesday to some extent in terms of raw progression.

diffusionx, I say just make yourself a presence here in these threads, ask questions, look for groups, and you'll have a great time.

I've always said that Destiny is not a solo experience. If you aren't resourceful or aren't playing with a group of friends, the game loses its luster very quickly and becomes inaccessible.

But now that I'm on the other end of that (and it isn't the first time), it feels incredibly overwhelming and off-putting - moreso than i gave it credit for. I played through the Story portions solo as I'd intended to, and I've done so with a few quests thereafter as well. But at this point, the mess of new mechanics is going over my head. On the one hand, I just want someone to explain everything to me so I don't spin my wheels all day. On the other hand, I don't want to know everything and I don't want to play with people way ahead of me.

I see a bunch of guides on Reddit relevant to my interests, but I always stop myself from looking.

Questions:
1) Do we know how much light the Armsday weapons will have?
2) Can I do the daily story and Crucible on my other characters and get another 30 marks? So 90 a day? Don't see marks as rewards when I look but think that's because I haven't finished the story on my other two.
3) Does the attack value on a weapon matter outside of averaging into your light level? Meaning does the weapon take on its attack value or assume your light level for its attack value?
4) Where do I find those weekly crucible bounties that when complete give nightfall tier rewards?

GlamFM

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;179022593 said:
Is there a GAF-clan by the way? Or a clan with space left? I'd love to join one, especially EU-based ( as I live in Finland ).

There are plenty actually.

Sexy (Shoot first kiss later) is accepting new members afaik.

Ask Kadey.

matmanx1

Oh hoh! Banshee gave me a legendary Omolon HC from my rank up that is a legendary version of the prototype we tested yesterday. Niiiiice.

traveler

Not Wario
Love the strike exclusive armor. Wonder how reasonable it is to expect their content pipeline to provide that sort of thing for all classes for each strike in the future. Seems like they ramped up pretty hard for TTK, but I'm assuming that delayed Destiny 2 or whatever it is a bit.

I've always said that Destiny is not a solo experience. If you aren't resourceful or aren't playing with a group of friends, the game loses its luster very quickly and becomes inaccessible.

But now that I'm on the other end of that (and it isn't the first time), it feels incredibly overwhelming and off-putting - moreso than i gave it credit for. I played through the Story portions solo as I'd intended to, and I've done so with a few quests thereafter as well. But at this point, the mess of new mechanics is going over my head. On the one hand, I just want someone to explain everything to me so I don't spin my wheels all day. On the other hand, I don't want to know everything and I don't want to play with people way ahead of me.

I see a bunch of guides on Reddit relevant to my interests, but I always stop myself from looking.

Feeling kinda the same way. Taking stock of everything I can get done solo right now and jumping into it. Probably going to try and find a group to do all the group centric stuff at once later today once I've got the number of things doable down.

Afrocious

May as well read them if you wanna raid on Friday.

Also I feel the same way but I'm enjoying it since I'm one who missed out on TDB and HoW. I enjoy how we're all trying to figure out stuff.

Questions:
1) Do we know how much light the Armsday weapons will have?
2) Can I do the daily story and Crucible on my other characters and get another 30 marks? So 90 a day? Don't see marks as rewards when I look but think that's because I haven't finished the story on my other two.
3) Does the attack value on a weapon matter outside of averaging into your light level? Meaning does the weapon take on its attack value or assume your light level for its attack value?
4) Where do I find those weekly crucible bounties that when complete give nightfall tier rewards?

1 - No idea. The roll might be determined by your current light level like other loot or it may be set in stone. Wont know until someone gets a package

2 - No. Its account wide.

3 - Yes. Both Light Level and Attack rating are calculated for outgoing damage by some unknown formula.

4 - Shaxx

It's nearly forcing solo play at the moment with all the different quests people are all at different stages

Speaking of which I'm getting smashed on the paradox quest and have all the other quests you get from finishing the story anyone else need to run through them or I'm giving up and just PvPing

traveler

Not Wario
I feel like the raid should have been next Friday (or even two Fridays from now) if they really wanted people to not feel rushed/experience things without feeling compelled to look at a guide. I've got the whole week off, am working exclusively on my Titan, and I still feel like I need to rush to get ready.

May as well read them if you wanna raid on Friday.

Also I feel the same way but I'm enjoying it since I'm one who missed out on TDB and HoW. I enjoy how we're all trying to figure out stuff.

i like when there's new stuff to discover, but it feels everyone already discovered it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wasn't aware you could get drops from other classes. Just got legendary gloves for my warlock on my Titan strike. Not complaining since it will help my warlock when I use that class.

FinKL

Concerning Light Levels:
240 is where you want to be for Weekly Heroic strikes.
280 seems to be the basis every one can eventually get to with vendor items.
310 is the highest Light in the DBs right now that we can see.

You'll want to be wearing the highest light possible when completing things because your loot drops are directly tied to your Light Level https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...light_level_of_gear_you_acquire_is_dependant/

So to get higher level gear, you must have higher level gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom