• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinKL

So did anyone else notice there are no longer Legendary Elemental Primary Weapons? I thought these would of been the Hard Raid Weapons or even the 310 Trials Weapons, but none of them have elements, which leads me to believe they want to do away with them.

280. Not only do shells and artifacts seem to be the rarest drops, the Vanguard shell has bonus Glimmer on Hive kills, and any Engram pickup gives you 3-5 Wormspore (the new planetary material), so it seemed like the best use of early spacebucks.

I'm really close to 287 already, and should get 290 once boots and shell can get up to ~286.

WTF is wormspore used for anyways?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
280. Not only do shells and artifacts seem to be the rarest drops, the Vanguard shell has bonus Glimmer on Hive kills, and any Engram pickup gives you 3-5 Wormspore (the new planetary material), so it seemed like the best use of early spacebucks.

I'm really close to 287 already, and should get 290 once boots and shell can get up to ~286.

I know it's been asked a million times, but do we know yet what the recommend light level is for the raid? I would imagine 280-ish

Afrocious

Im going to see how far I can get without worrying about Marks

If I get enough to upgrade an exotic over time i might just do that

Not a fan of burning them on infusion but their is a nice synergy there since legendaries give 3 and infusion costs 3

Agreed.

I didn't watch the streams when Bungie showed it off, so this was my first experience with it.

It's basically a mini-Prison of Elders/Public Event area where there's a hallways with some statues that you get to place a rune in one, then a boss appears in the arena area in front of you and anyone can enter it to help you out, doesn't have to just be your fireteam (hence why it's like a public event)

After you guys kill whatever boss that appears, the person who submitted the rune at the beginning will get a chest reward. I've only gotten some pretty decent weapons so far that brought me over light 240. I'm sure there are different runes that you can submit for bigger, badder bosses and better rewards later on. I don't really know all the details.

Nice. I think I have three runes, but I'm not sure if these are the items I need. TTK introduced a ton of collectibles and I need to sit and figure out what does what.

Apparently the 347 Vestian Dynasty is awarded after all the Petra and Varicks quests, according to a Reddit post on the front page.

Seems a lot of exotics are behind quests now.

I like it like that. I have the new exotic shotgun's quest which requires me to have The Last Word equipped in PvP while I get kills :(

So did anyone else notice there are no longer Legendary Elemental Primary Weapons? I thought these would of been the Hard Raid Weapons or even the 310 Trials Weapons, but none of them have elements, which leads me to believe they want to do away with them.
A few OTs ago I stated I didn't really like the concept of elemental primaries, so this sounds like good news to me. But we'll see, might be missing something.

Had a pair of blue gloves that brought me to 285. Sacrificed them to make my legendary gloves better. Only dropped down to 283.

Anyway, anyone needs to do 5 Heroic Strikes? I'm free to help out.
You gonna be on later? I need to do all the strikes. Work has been cutting into my playtime significantly, but I'm hoping to be high enough light to do the nightfall tonight.

Wallach

I know it's been asked a million times, but do we know yet what the recommend light level is for the raid? I would imagine 280-ish

Haven't heard myself, but yeah my guess is 280 for normal.

WTF is wormspore used for anyways?

Some of the new gear uses it for upgrades, like the other materials.

Oh also for getting upgrades faster, use your runes frequently in the Dreadnaught. The drops from those seem to be better on average, plus you can get more runes as drops from the chest.

FinKL

A few OTs ago I stated I didn't really like the concept of elemental primaries, so this sounds like good news to me. But we'll see, might be missing something.

Yeah, you pretty much threw all other non elementals out the window as it was nearly a necessity to running burn nightfalls comfortably.

Also note, the Zhalo Supercell is an Exotic Arc Auto Rifle. The only Year 2 primary with an element.

Deku Tree

I'm not spending my legendary marks until I see what Xur is selling on Friday, unless I get close to cap. Currently at 120.

Does the weekly and the NF still give rep like before?

So the daily PE gold packages are gone? I did two PE today and gone none.

Deku Tree

Some stuff is not in the mineable database. We have to wait and see about it until after the hard raid etc.

Can someone help me understand what's going on with light levels?

Gear increases my light level
Getting XP increases my light level

So I could grind to the light cap?

I'm in the Paradox mission and the Blighted Mind is immune to all my damage. There doesn't appear to be anything else to shoot to trigger him taking damage. Do I need to wipe and reset the fight?

Can someone help me understand what's going on with light levels?

Gear increases my light level
Getting XP increases my light level

So I could grind to the light cap?

Light level is just the average light score of all your gear combined

Only way to bring it up is to continue getting bigger and better gear

BraXzy

I've always said that Destiny is not a solo experience. If you aren't resourceful or aren't playing with a group of friends, the game loses its luster very quickly and becomes inaccessible.

But now that I'm on the other end of that (and it isn't the first time), it feels incredibly overwhelming and off-putting - moreso than i gave it credit for. I played through the Story portions solo as I'd intended to, and I've done so with a few quests thereafter as well. But at this point, the mess of new mechanics is going over my head. On the one hand, I just want someone to explain everything to me so I don't spin my wheels all day. On the other hand, I don't want to know everything and I don't want to play with people way ahead of me.

I see a bunch of guides on Reddit relevant to my interests, but I always stop myself from looking.

You wouldn't happen to be on Xbox would you? Sick of soloing stuff myself xD

I'm in the Paradox mission and the Blighted Mind is immune to all my damage. There doesn't appear to be anything else to shoot to trigger him taking damage. Do I need to wipe and reset the fight?

I just soloed that after jumping into a party for help you have to shoot the oracles around him then you have about 10 secs to damage him, do you want to party up as we're probably at the same stage

Unless it bugged out there are definitely things you need to shoot to make him vulnerable

Mupod

It's 280 Light and spots the Dreadnaught planetary material on your radar :)

Not sure if it's the best choice but it's what I bought with my first 75 Marks.

I did the same. I could really use an Exotic of any kind but I figure it's probably smart not to blow 150 marks upgrading Juju or Thunderlord before Xur shows up anyways.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting XP certainly doesn't increase your light level once you're at 40.
shady/myself/another friend of ours are waiting for a good time to do the raid as well. We all have a pretty set/same schedule so if you know when you want to do it, (doesn't have to be anytime soon, could be the weekend or later) we'd definitely be down.
Nice. I'm certainly in! Dunno if I'll be raid-ready by this weekend but I'll keep you posted for sure.

Nice info. Thanks for the spacebucks tips. That Wormspore engram bonus seems oustanding

Wallach

Nice info. Thanks for the spacebucks tips. That Wormspore engram bonus seems oustanding

It's fantastic. It says you have a "chance" but I have never seen it fail, and Engram drops are much more common than pre-TTK. I got over 100 Wormspore just farming the Court rune events with a few randoms.

The drop rate for legendary engrams in the weekly heroic strike playlist is amazing. I've had an average of one per strike, in one I had two drop. In the last 24 hours I've seen more legendary engrams drop then I did in all of year one. Happy days.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, it's not available right now.
Oh, bummer. I hope it's up on the weekend, I had a lot more fun with it than expected.
The drop rate for legendary engrams in the weekly heroic strike playlist is amazing. I've had an average of one per strike, in one I had two drop. In the last 24 hours I've seen more legendary engrams drop then I did in all of year one. Happy days.
that sounds dare I say potentially farmable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom