• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me understand what's going on with light levels?

Gear increases my light level
Getting XP increases my light level

So I could grind to the light cap?

XP doesn't increase light. That bar you see at the bottom is a "mote progression" bar... confusing, I know.

Gear is all that can increase light.

zewone

That sounds better though. Last Word beating scouts and pulses was a design problem and part of why the top 3 primary guns were mostly the same. I know because I primarily used those guns and eventually gave up in favor of Last Word/Thorn due to ridiculous snipe distance

More balanced, sure.

Better? I guess that's if you're having fun with the new meta. To me, PVP isn't as fun anymore.

Blink Shotgun wasn't touched in any meaningful way. Shotguns still kill at crazy range.

Sniper rifles aim assist turned way up in 2.0, super lame now.

Oh, bummer. I hope it's up on the weekend, I had a lot more fun with it than expected.

that sounds dare I say potentially farmable
Is farming bad if it's enjoyable? The new strikes are fun, and the number of strikes in the playlist is great variety. This is good farming, not shoot at a cave for hours farming.

Bogeypop

that sounds dare I say potentially farmable

Farmable you say? The Roc-Man Rises. Deshi basara.

iPJCTwR.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the help Hedera and Ocean.

Looks like the higher level shield bros strike is for the shotgun. Just killed both with shotgun on normal and the quest did not complete.

Deku Tree

I might be off-base about this, but I feel you're at the mercy of RNGesus once you're between 200 and 240 light.

No your not. Read the "to do" posts on the destiny sub Reddit. There are still a lot of quests to do that give higher level items, and the new smart loot system makes the RNG not really that RNG.

Falifax

Looks like the higher level shield bros strike is for the shotgun. Just killed both with shotgun on normal and the quest did not complete.

Yup, gotta do the Level 42 Strike. I'm 286 Light so I'd like to know if it's worth a try at that level.

No your not. Read the "to do" posts on the destiny sub Reddit. There are still a lot of quests to do that give higher level items, and the new smart loot system makes the RNG not really that RNG.

Nah, he's right. You still have to hope your drops are going to have higher defense/attack values. For me, this has not been the case. Currently at 232.

Hedera

Thank you both. Actually got to do 3 of the new strikes for the first time too.

Seems like the way to go to get better light stuff is the Vanguard strikes.

Deku Tree

Nah, he's right. You still have to hope your drops are going to have higher defense/attack values. For me, this has not been the case. Currently at 232.

There are still lots of quests that give guaranteed higher value stuff 280/290 once you finish them. And the smart RNG usually gives you stuff in the slot you need that's higher than what your wearing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is farming bad if it's enjoyable? The new strikes are fun, and the number of strikes in the playlist is great variety. This is good farming, not shoot at a cave for hours farming.
You misread my post! I didn't mean it in a bad way. I enjoyed running Dragon Strikes for hours on end.

I was saying it because there's been a lot of controversy with regard to the gating of Legendary Marks, and it sounds like that will actually be a halfway decent farm for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom