• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing through at my own pace. I'm not worried about being first at anything. I'm pretty much always open to play through whatever that I qualify to play through. I don't get a ton of time per day to play so I figure that my progress will be measured at best but I don't mind.

I logged on this morning to fool around for an hour or so before I had to go to work. A random guardian shot me an invite so I joined her and we cleared the prologue and the next mission. I then hopped off to go to work. That kind of progress is fine with me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't get what it means either. What is energy burst patrols and overcharge?

b1wtNaW.png

Kurumi

Yeah seriously. I dunno why but the raid on Friday is taking the fun out of me wanting to explore the game, and then I go up here and see folks who took off from work and are now close to 300 light.

I'm not hating on them, but it's kinda disparaging.

Yeah I feel the same way.

Afrocious

Yeah Zobes, I think we should just chill. I'm enjoying TTK but maybe we should get stuff at our own pace instead of looking at what folks did for themselves, you know?

So what if we're not the first to beat the raid? Down the line, we'll probably end up being sherpas anyway.

Activities should give 1-2 marks, with nightfall boost giving you more.
Daily activities should give 15-25

There. Game is fixed. Let people grind all they want. I'd hop into PvP or Strikes but i'd be wasting my time because I wouldn't be getting any marks.

fuck how am i at the bottom of the page two pages in a row
Won't you get legendary drops from crucible though? Then dismantle

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't get what it means either. What is energy burst patrols and overcharge?

b1wtNaW.png

Orbs spawn and you need to jump into them as fast as possible to charge it 0-100%

Overload happens when you do it within a timeframe and it keeps stacking. It increase faster and decrease faster.

They usually spawn as a thing in Dreadn

Yeah Zobes, I think we should just chill. I'm enjoying TTK but maybe we should get stuff at our own pace instead of looking at what folks did for themselves, you know?

So what if we're not the first to beat the raid? Down the line, we'll probably end up being sherpas anyway.

Thankfully I have no issues taking my time

There will be plenty of people on DGAF that will be in the same boat :)

Forget these punks that are just rushing through

Namikaze1

And this is what annoys me about this system.

It's 2 light level points. Use the fucking pulse rifle.

And I don't mean that in a hostile way. This gear chase is ridiculous.
I toss the handcannon into the Vault for when I want to infuse a primary.

What did you do with Nami?
I don't know what's wrong, Fig. I am as surprised as you. This shit is wrecking a ton of shit. Hell, I got a pulse rifle stronger than it but it wasn't cleaning up like my baby blue.

Are you just running Heroic Strikes for drops now?
Not anymore. Getting higher stuff from Rahool.

We're not going to be the first.

I just don't like how overwhelming the pace of the game is right now.

Afrocious

I'm at like 186 light or something. Still haven't finished the story missions. I'm way behind. Gotta get myself raid ready.

I think we should figure out if we're going to raid on Friday, and if it'll be even possible.

Nami is fine where he is no doubt, but I dunno about the others. Zoba hanging in there I think.

We're not going to be the first.

I just don't like how overwhelming the pace of the game is right now.

I don't think it's the game's fault. I think it's because folks are posting about their light and gear, and it makes us feel self-conscious.

Welp. I hopped between 3 quests and all 3 of them are handing my ass to me on a silver platter because I'm underleveled. Of course, I wouldn't know that until I loaded up into the quest.

This is not fun.

jaaz

That first mission gave me some very heavy Halo/Reach vibes. I loved every second of it. I kept saying to myself: "This feels nothing like the Destiny missions I've come to hate."

Shito

I'm at like 186 light or something. Still haven't finished the story missions. I'm way behind. Gotta get myself raid ready.
I'd say you would need 2 whole days of play time to get to a level allowing you to raid.
Come Friday there will be a lot of under-levelled teams attempting the raid I think. And I say that as someone who probably won't be high enough as well, but I'm in no hurry. ^^

It's the part where I go online to see where everyone is at and people already have farming guides for stuff I haven't even seen yet, despite having played since the expansion unlocked.
Yeah it's really weird. I even woke up at 5AM to play on launch and I played for about 8 hours yesterday. I'm still only light 235 and I didn't even do anything patrol-related on the dreadnaught (court of Oryx, chests, etc)

Afrocious

I'd be down if I was home. I'll be online in like an hour or two.

QUESTION: Are people doing the Taken War missions in groups? I find them to be a few notches harder than the story missions. If other people feel the same way, I probably won't feel so bad about inviting folks to do the rest I haven't done.

jaaz

Who cares who's first? There will always be those that care more about being first than the experience itself, in games as well as in life. Everything I wanted Destiny to be has finally come true (with a few exceptions), and I am going to enjoy the ride. Come a month from now, no one will know or care who beat what first.

rNilla

What's the rush guys? Don't blaze through if that isn't enjoyable to you. This content is going to be played into the ground over the coming months.

Shito

It's the part where I go online to see where everyone is at and people already have farming guides for stuff I haven't even seen yet, despite having played since the expansion unlocked.
I've also been playing a lot since it released, and I'm only light level 245, and I still have to explore the dreadnaught.
Relax, it's ok to take more time than others, there's a shit load of stuff to do, just enjoy the ride. :)

I decided right away not to worry about the speedrunners. As far as finding fellow guardians to play with, I guess I'm lucky in that a fair number of my friends are playing at a pace similar to mine.

Who cares who's first? There will always be those that care more about being first than the experience, in games as well as in life. Everything I wanted Destiny to be has finally come true (with a few exceptions), and I am going to enjoy the ride. Come a month from now, no one will know or care who beat what first.

I want to participate in the Raid rush when it comes out for the same reason I want to buy games at launch. Being part of the novelty is a big chunk of the experience to me and it's what I usually remember most.

I don't like the pacing for the game currently on top of that. A week's worth of grinding would be fine. 3 days is madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom