• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

They are. :(

Tried to do one 240 CoO and it was just one guy. We got the Fallen where we needed to kill everyone first to take down his shield and hurt him while also dealing with a second commander. I killed the second by myself and I was the only one who figured out how to damage the first. Time ran out though. Managed to get him to half.

Yuppers, we had randoms trying to mess us up on purpose because they didnt get the rune in before us.

Wish CoO had private games somehow :/

Afrocious

Yeah, seeing people rush makes me feel very less incline to play. Already feel like a casual since I am only level 37 (?) on one character. And haven't even unlocked the new patrol area. Well I guess I can have people carry me for a change ;)

Yeah seriously. There's a huge role reversal in this thread because of TTK haha.

I don't mind it too much, but I do feel slightly overwhelmed by all the stuff there is to do. I'm guessing this is Bungie's way of telling everyone that they've come a long way from Year 1 vanilla lol

I just want to be able to do the raid by this weekend. That's why I'm "rushing". Don't think it'll happen, though. 232 Light is where I am at now

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah seriously. There's a huge role reversal in this thread because of TTK haha.

I don't mind it too much, but I do feel slightly overwhelmed by all the stuff there is to do. I'm guessing this is Bungie's way of telling everyone that they've come a long way from Year 1 vanilla lol

The way I see it is that it is that it's still the second fucking day. If people are willing (and able) to rush and grind as much as possible then that is their prerogative, but I'm not going to let it alter how (or how much) I'm playing the game. I just want to hit 240 so I run heroic strikes and go from there. There's too much shit to do at this point (I can't believe I'm saying that about Destiny) to worry about the rat race.

purg3

slept with Malkin
making some good progress so far, jumped almost 20 light by doing strike playlist.

Also, dat MELTING POINT. GAT DAMN.

noomi

Woah.....

Just found a hidden area with Nuszka.

you need two people for this....

On the Dreadnaught, the cabal ship, you have to clear out an area of all enemies, use ghost to open two doors. This opens a new area with a mini boss that gives you an emblem after the boss is killed :eek:

Namikaze1

CPDJcJeWEAAwBlk.jpg:orig

CPDJtbmWEAAUinp.jpg:orig

CPDJcynWIAIHUpg.jpg:orig

Second pic is my baby blue. I tried weapons with more light attack but none are as good as her. Should've been a freaking legendary so that I could infuse those others on to her.

Third pic is of one of the Darkblade weapons. Came across a guy using it. I don't have it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Third pic is of one of the Darkblade weapons. Came across a guy using it. I don't have it.

Flavor text makes it sound like it would drop from the Dreadnought prison strike. Is strike-specific loot a thing now?

Anastasis

I found the Court of Oryx during the first Dreadnought mission, but Cayde told me to concentrate on the mission and the bosses disappeared. 😭

That happened with me and kadey lol. It was good they disappeared though, we would have gotten rekt.

Bungie have done an amazing job teasing us in those dreadnought missions. "Hey, you'll do those, but just not now. Come back later."

Anoregon

Yep. One of the gaffers I played with earlier got the Darkblade helmet after we killed the Darkblade himself.

That's a change I fully support, really looking forward to getting into some strikes tonight.

I still have so many quest things to do though! I want to make my sword but running around looting 25 chests is a prospect I am sad about.

MrDaravon

If I want to tidy up my vault, there's no reason for me to not just dismantle year one exotics I don't want/need right? Because I could always order them whenever correct? Have a bunch of shit ones I had stashed pre-TTK since we didn't know before how some things were going to work. I have no particular desire to keep say a Super Good Advice in my vault if I can just pull one out whenever if god forbid I had reason to. I mean I know it's got the glimmer/exotic shard cost, but other than that I don't see why not?

If I want to tidy up my vault, there's no reason for me to not just dismantle year one exotics I don't want/need right? Because I could always order them whenever correct? Have a bunch of shit ones I had stashed pre-TTK since we didn't know before how some things were going to work. I have no particular desire to keep say a Super Good Advice in my vault if I can just pull one out whenever if god forbid I had reason to. I mean I know it's got the glimmer/exotic shard cost, but other than that I don't see why not?

Other than the cost, no reason not to.

Anastasis

Other than the cost, no reason not to.

The only reason to hang on to anything year 1 exotic are ones you'd like to keep using in normalized crucible. As least that's all I can think of.

Homeboyd

Has anyone else been given the
Hunger Pangs
quest by Eris? I completed it last night and noticed in my game history it shows up as [Classified] with [Classified] as the description. The crest of the mission shows an
exotic sword, and planet destiny ties this quest to the exotic swords somehow. It was an entire story mission that takes you down into the WAR-4 room below the Grottos. Reward so far was only a new artifact (blue). No other part of this quest currently available.

Curious if anyone else has seen this or knows what caused it.

Namikaze1

Gonna go and explore the Dreadnaught in 5 minutes. If anyone is interested, just join in. If you don't have me on your friend list, my PSN is namikaze1.

Woah.....

Just found a hidden area with Nuszka.

you need two people for this....

On the Dreadnaught, the cabal ship, you have to clear out an area of all enemies, use ghost to open two doors. This opens a new area with a mini boss that gives you an emblem after the boss is killed :eek:

Wish I didn't read this, but probably would have never stumbled on it myself. Cool to now know to look out for this type of thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm playing through at my own pace. I'm not worried about being first at anything. I'm pretty much always open to play through whatever that I qualify to play through. I don't get a ton of time per day to play so I figure that my progress will be measured at best but I don't mind.

I logged on this morning to fool around for an hour or so before I had to go to work. A random guardian shot me an invite so I joined her and we cleared the prologue and the next mission. I then hopped off to go to work. That kind of progress is fine with me.
^yeah man

Keep doing Petra Quest, you will eventually get it to where you have to beat "Tier 1" 6 times and then "Tier 2" 3 times and then "Tier 3" 1 time. I juat need 1 more Tier 2 win and then get better gear to tackle Tier 3

Cool, thanks. I just grabbed that quest from her last night.

noomi

After two days of heavy playing I feel ready for the raid, hoping that light level 285 is enough to get through it.

Still haven't even touched my Titan or Warlock yet, probably wont until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom