• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the rush guys? Don't blaze through if that isn't enjoyable to you. This content is going to be played into the ground over the coming months.

I didn't blaze through the content. The content was really REALLY good imo. I am just at the point now (Light Level 291) where I'm just farming Strikes and doing the Court of Oryx.

What's the rush guys? Don't blaze through if that isn't enjoyable to you. This content is going to be played into the ground over the coming months.

My feelings exactly! Hell, i put Destiny away 1 week or so after VoG and 2 lvl 30 characters up until this week. I still have all the DLC to play and i'm anxious about playing through everything super slowly to "make it last" as i did when i was a kid lol.

That's not the point. Feels like I can't do any of my quests because I am underleveled. Moving at my own pace doesn't seem to work because i'm not powerful enough for the stuff I want to do.

There is a bounty on Venus where you go into the Ember Caves to kill a bunch of Taken. There's one invisible minotaur that I couldn't damage, so I had to reload Venus patrol 10 times to farm the adds I could kill.

Is that bugged or is it because he's too high of a level for me to damage him? They shouldn't give me the quest if it's the latter.

Afrocious

The only reason it's 3 days of rushing is because the raid is out on Friday.

I bet if the raid was released on Tuesday, no one would care about others rushing so much. People always rush in videogames as well.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd say you would need 2 whole days of play time to get to a level allowing you to raid.
Come Friday there will be a lot of under-levelled teams attempting the raid I think. And I say that as someone who probably won't be high enough as well, but I'm in no hurry. ^^

Yeah, honestly, I wouldn't even raid with someone who wasn't properly leveled. Not to be mean, but it's a pretty big hindrance and just makes the entire raid that much harder. If a raid is on farm, I don't care. If it's a progress raid or still difficult, I used to get frustrated when someone would come on with a character 2 levels below what they should be and expect everyone to just carry them.

Afrocious

That's not the point. Feels like I can't do any of my quests because I am underleveled. Moving at my own pace doesn't seem to work because i'm not powerful enough for the stuff I want to do.

There is a bounty on Venus where you go into the Ember Caves to kill a bunch of Taken. There's one invisible minotaur that I couldn't damage, so I had to reload Venus patrol 10 times to farm the adds I could kill.

Is that bugged or is it because he's too high of a level for me to damage him? They shouldn't give me the quest if it's the latter.

Was he immune? Was a Taken Goblin shielding him? Taken Minotaurs can still be invisible while a Taken Goblin is giving them the invulnerability buff.

Jinjo

Had a great time this afternoon with Dhruv & Drizzle just scouring the entire solar system for Taken sumbitches. Knocked out an extra quest here and there along the way. This is what Destiny supposed to be like. Still working on post-story quests/missions. So much to do. Probably won't be raid-ready come friday though.

And then we still have alts. Oh god. Lol.

Will we be able to get new exotics from Xur's engrams?

Want to know if I should save my Motes or use them to rank up with factions and try to get more armor.

Was he immune? Was a Taken Goblin shielding him? Taken Minotaurs can still be invisible while a Taken Goblin is giving them the invulnerability buff.

He was either immune or resisting - i can't remember. And there were no other enemies, unless the goblin giving him a shield was also invisible and resisting.

I know that I won't be able to raid until next Friday at the earliest, so that's my personal goal. I mean have we even seen anyone do a level 5 or 6 Court of Oryx? Plenty of stuff to distract myself from the raid.

I got this quest called Blighted Worlds with the first mission called "The Taken War"

However, the check box just says "Work with Cayde, Ikora, and Zavala to wage the Taken War across Earth, Mars, and Venus.

Uhh what do I do? Do I just go around patrol and kill taken? There's no missions or anything.

Jinjo

Will we be able to get new exotics from Xur's engrams?

Want to know if I should save my Motes or use them to rank up with factions and try to get more armor.

We will know on friday. Xur will arrive before TTK raid comes live and then we can adjust our levelling strategies from there. Don't go spending too quickly.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do the year 1 bounty exotics that have year 2 versions still actually have bounties? Like, if I'm out in the field randomly completing bounties, can I still get Toland's Legacy or whatever?

Afrocious

I got this quest called Blighted Worlds with the first mission called "The Taken War"

However, the check box just says "Work with Cayde, Ikora, and Zavala to wage the Taken War across Earth, Mars, and Venus.

Uhh what do I do? Do I just go around patrol and kill taken? There's no missions or anything.

Did you talk with them?

Well that quest was fun. Much better than doing it solo. And woudl you look at that - 20 Legendary Marks! Now if only the quest told me I was going to get that as a reward and none of this guess work.

Then dont read them?

I don't, but that's one again not the problem I have with it.

I need to write first on Oryx's ass. This is non-negotiable.

I actually don't care about being first. Just want to be a part of the day 1 blind raiding.

Jezabel

Did a quest for the gunsmith and was rewarded with the sweetest looking fusion rifle. 280 attack and the most beautiful stats I've seen.

Well that quest was fun. Much better than doing it solo. And woudl you look at that - 20 Legendary Marks! Now if only the quest told me I was going to get that as a reward and none of this guess work.

Was that the Praydeth's quest? That one gave me 20, but it stated right on the card that I'd get that as a reward.

Jinjo

Anyone tried getting exotics from Crota/VoG yet? I take it those are still at old light values?

So first 75 marks, buy the vanguard ghost? Next marks? Save up for an exotic perhaps before raid (but check Xur first)?

Edit: spelling

Wait, until friday when Xur hits/raid comes live. Still plenty of time for better drops. Then buy whatever exotic/legendary piece benefits you the most.

Namikaze1

Yup, I think it was to save people time, you get better reqrds now too for doing it.

I dont really mind it. You can also do weekly 3 times on one character :)

Randoms are the worst for this.
They are. :(

Tried to do one 240 CoO and it was just one guy. We got the Fallen where we needed to kill everyone first to take down his shield and hurt him while also dealing with a second commander. I killed the second by myself and I was the only one who figured out how to damage the first. Time ran out though. Managed to get him to half.

BahamutPT

Is there a perk that lets you see invisible platforms without pulling up the ghost? I seriously need it for the timed jumping puzzle scent chest >_>

Shito

Huh?
The quests always tell you what they reward.

Anastasis

Anyone tried getting exotics from Crota/VoG yet? I take it those are still at old light values?

Wait, until friday when Xur hits/raid comes live. Still plenty of time for better drops. Then buy whatever exotic/legendary piece benefits you the most.

Thanks! I'm thinking of having 125 in hand in case last minute I need Saint 14 for the raid.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like we got some champions to kill.

Never tried court of Oryx yet. I seem to have a bunch of runes and stuff.

I found the Court of Oryx during the first Dreadnought mission, but Cayde told me to concentrate on the mission and the bosses disappeared. 😭

Afrocious

Right now, I'm using a legendary sniper rifle I infused to get its attack up, as well as a shotgun. All I need now is my sword and I'll have Halo 2 on my PS4.

I found the Court of Oryx during the first Dreadnought mission, but Cayde told me to concentrate on the mission and the bosses disappeared. ��

If you wanna party up later on, I can. I'm at 220 light and I can help you with the Taken War stuff. Though they're story missions, they're a bit harder.

The only reason it's 3 days of rushing is because the raid is out on Friday.

I bet if the raid was released on Tuesday, no one would care about others rushing so much. People always rush in videogames as well.
Yeah, seeing people rush makes me feel very less incline to play. Already feel like a casual since I am only level 37 (?) on one character. And haven't even unlocked the new patrol area. Well I guess I can have people carry me for a change ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom