• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Best part of Dungeons is that a door opens up right at the beginning. It's like Oryx is releasing guardians into the Colosseum.

Namikaze1

Fuuuuuuuuu

I can't freaking get the ghost in the abyss. :(

Need a later checkpoint for the one in Crota's arena. Got the two in the bunker, one in the mine, and one at the spire.

Max impact/range shotguns like Matador 64 and Felwinter's Lie are an archetype which doesn't have to be nerfed. It has to be eliminated.

Make them higher RoF and lower impact. Those truck shotguns are garbage in PvE because they're too slow and garbage in PvP because they ruin the game.

It's not even about the perks. The fact that you have to go out of your way nerfing Rangefinder, Shot Package, Hammer Forged and Aggressive Ballistics tells you there's an issue. It's not 1 perk that's broken. It's this entire family of shotguns.

They make no sense and can't be perk balanced while they have that much impact and max range.
Quoted for the damn truth. I freaking DETEST shotguns and it doesn't even take skill to use.

Anastasis

With this title we're using that Luke suggested and the talk from Bungie about the Taken War escalating and such - I wonder if this war and various phases of it will take up all of year 2.

The King may fall, but long live the King? Maybe Oryx won't really die until later. A future expansion perhaps?

Kalamari

Honestly, shotguns wouldn't be so bad if certain maps weren't so confining. It's what happens when you have high mobility in a game with confining maps.

Lee

My question was "how" not why?

The ascension button disappears on HoW weapons after you ascend them. That's possible, but would be weird for them to leave the inspfusion button in if the weapon can't be infused any further before the next DLC.

310 is the current max. Selecting "Infuse" pulls up a small menu that shows items you are able to infuse with. If the best gun you can get in TTK is 310, that menu is going to have nothing in it. Nothing better than 310 = nothing to "sacrifice" to improve your gun.

Solved.

Y2 Expansion 2 will drop items at 320, allowing infusing of 310 guns from TTK.

My question was "how" not why?

The ascension button disappears on HoW weapons after you ascend them. That's possible, but would be weird for them to leave the inspfusion button in if the weapon can't be infused any further before the next DLC.

It makes perfect sense if its going to be a continued system. Bungie knew Ascension was just a temp fix.

It illustrates to the player that the weapon, while maxed now, will be able to be infused later in its life.

Imagine all the questions... "My Raze lighter doesn't have an infuse node on it anymore, will I be able to infuse it when dlc 4 comes out?"

Shito

With this title we're using that Luke suggested and the talk from Bungie about the Taken War escalating and such - I wonder if this war and various phases of it will take up all of year 2.

The King may fall, but long live the King? Maybe Oryx won't really die until later. A future expansion perhaps?
I would love for us to move on to other threats in some Y2 expansions; I want some more Vex-inspired gear. :D

Anyone need to do the final part of any of the quests, would rather do it with gaffers so we can wipe/repeat until we have them done. I've already had a 19/20 and a 2/3 effort with randoms today

Or maybe the hive start utilizing vex time warp stuff. We kill Oryx in the present but he gets brought back later from the past... Or something. Parallel universes and such.

Raybunny

Anyone need to do the final part of any of the quests, would rather do it with gaffers so we can wipe/repeat until we have them done. I've already had a 19/20 and a 2/3 effort with randoms today

I will do it when Ocean is on in about 30 mins in the undying mind strike.

Waiiiiiit. Just noticed something. I have Husk of the Pit but can't level it until I get the Balming Wax or whatever from level 3 Eris. Eris isn't selling the Wax anymore...

Husk of the Pit no longer requires an Embalming Orb. It should be upgradable to the Eidolon Ally when you complete the upgrade tree.

Anybody want to help me and a friend do Skolas. Last MoT I need. Might need that carry if someone is willing lol.

PSN is Japanmanx3
If you still need someone to help you guys, I will be able to do so in ~6 hours. If not perhaps sometimes this weekend? My psn is the same as my gaf name.

noomi

I give up on class quests, will do them when TTK hits.... maybe.

Did both hunter ones, and pretty salty about not getting the emblems

Daemul

As a Bladedancer I agree with Nooblet, the class is fine and still tier one, too many people are overreacting just because the class got taken down a notch from brokenly powerful to just powerful, it's still better than everything else. People got so used to abusing broken shit like blink shogun where enemies had no chance to react, and tagging someone with a single thorn shot and then throwing an arcbolt to kill them, that now that they can't do anymore the subclass is suddenly shit, fucking kek, as someone who used to main Titan I can say with much confidence that they don't know what shit is.
KuGsj.gif

People need to adapt and stop crying just because their broken as fuck crutches are gone, then maybe they'll realise that Bladedancers still run circles around everyone in Crucible without them, Bungie went very easy on them with the nerfbat to be honest. Also, that Arcbolt nerf was probably more a foresighted change to deal with the Stormcaller, Arcbolt + Arc Web sounded like something that could easily break shit and get out of hand.

X-Frame

Does PvP melee attack damage take into account the enemy's armor?

For example will a melee attack against a Titan with Max armor do less damage compared to a Huntet with Minimum armor?

Dunlop

Alrighty I'm reading everyone talking about the gunsmith...Is there something I should be doing?

I'm looking for a reason to play lol

Anastasis

I would love for us to move on to other threats in some Y2 expansions; I want some more Vex-inspired gear. :D

Vex are going to be really hard to top. Weren't they the first enemy group created? The sounds they make still get me. The horror of a pre-shotgun buff Praetorian in VoG, I'll never forget.

Or maybe the hive start utilizing vex time warp stuff. We kill Oryx in the present but he gets brought back later from the past... Or something. Parallel universes and such.

Yes! VoG had all the time stuff going on and now in the Taken King we hear about things being ripped from or to our dimension? So many ways this could go.

lt519

Woah new OT, didn't even notice. So what'd I miss this weekend? (;

I'm actually not being sarcastic, any non-spoiler QOL things I should be aware of before I dive into 2.0 tonight? I hate these blanket questions but I'm not going to read through 20 pages.

Shito

Alrighty I'm reading everyone talking about the gunsmith...Is there something I should be doing?

I'm looking for a reason to play lol
He has weapons you can "test" for free: they are basically quests.
You have to use them in PVE or PVP and complete their tasks to "research them".
The bounties auto-complete and they level up the gunsmith reputation.
You get 250 rep per weapon without the NF buff, 312 with it.
With the NF buff, you can reach rank 1 reputation with him, which will allow you to order a legendary weapon that you will receive on wednesday.
The 3 PVE bounties are really easy and quick to complete. The 2 PVP ones depend on your skill with a so-so fusion rifle and sniper rifle in the crucible.

Worth doing. :)

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I am absolutely in love with the Omolon guns. The design and the way they feel is just SO GOOD.

Does PvP melee attack damage take into account the enemy's armor?

For example will a melee attack against a Titan with Max armor do less damage compared to a Huntet with Minimum armor?

Damage is the same, armor just adds a bit more health. Health ranges from like 189-210 based on armor level.

Anastasis

You get 250 rep without the NF buff, 312 with it.
With the NF buff, you can reach rank 1 reputation with him, which will allow you to order a legendary weapon that you will receive on wednesday.
The 3 PVE bounties are really easy and quick to complete. The 2 PVP ones depend on your skill with a so-so fusion rifle and sniper rifle in the crucible.

Has it been confirmed we can order at rank 1? I couldn't find any info on it yesterday and I thought I remembered from an interview that it was only going to be from rank 2 onwards.

Bold One

Congratulations to DestinyGaf on a remarkable 30 OTs. And thanks to those who helped me cpmplete my first ever raid on VOG

Ps is there a different way to get TTK digital without putting money on Psn?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
As a Bladedancer I agree with Nooblet, the class is fine and still tier one, too many people are overreacting just because the class got taken down a notch from brokenly powerful to just powerful, it's still better than everything else. People got so used to abusing broken shit like blink shogun where enemies had no chance to react, and tagging someone with a single thorn shot and then throwing an arcbolt to kill them, that now that they can't do anymore the subclass is suddenly shit, fucking kek, as someone who used to main Titan I can say with much confidence that they don't know what shit is.
KuGsj.gif

People need to adapt and stop crying just because their broken as fuck crutches are gone, then maybe they'll realise that Bladedancers still run circles around everyone in Crucible without them, Bungie went very easy on them with the nerfbat to be honest. Also, that Arcbolt nerf was probably more a foresighted change to deal with the Stormcaller, Arcbolt + Arc Web sounded like something that could easily break shit and get out of hand.

Well, when you take away two things that were legitimately strong as hell, I think its absolutely fair to say that they took a hit. A big one.

No one is saying Bladedancers are dead. Blink is no longer unstoppable and they have crap grenades in general now. That's kind of a big deal.

You get 250 rep without the NF buff, 312 with it.

How do I order a gun? I am rank one with all my toons but never thought to return to the vendor? Just head back and there's an option for it now?

Shito

Has it been confirmed we can order at rank 1? I couldn't find any info on it yesterday and I thought I remembered from an interview that it was only going to be from rank 2 onwards.
In the twitch reveal stream the order packages were requiring rank 1.
Now it's totally possible they changed this ever since that build.

How do I order a gun? I am rank one with all my toons but never thought to return to the vendor? Just head back and there's an option for it now?
The order packages will appear on Tuesday. :)

Homeboyd

No you cannot order anything at rank 1. At least not yet.

E92 M3

Congratulations to DestinyGaf on a remarkable 30 OTs. And thanks to those who helped me cpmplete my first ever raid on VOG

Ps is there a different way to get TTK digital without putting money on Psn?

By the legendary edition physically and sell the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom