• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

Yeah, did a bunch of bounties yesterday while quickly trying out the PVE test weapons, and I got 3 motes for one, and a strange coin for another.
I liked it. :)

Not related to bounties, but over the course of maybe an hour of PVP last night I got ~10 strange coins.

Haybro

I'm surprised how may people are liking bad juju over red death. For me the ttk feels a lot slower with bad juju. Though I guess it's nice to just hold down the trigger instead of squeezing each shot.

nOoblet16

Well, when you take away two things that were legitimately strong as hell, I think its absolutely fair to say that they took a hit. A big one.

No one is saying Bladedancers are dead. Blink is no longer unstoppable and they have crap grenades in general now. That's kind of a big deal.

"Crap grenades"
See this is what Daemul means from over reaction. The thing still does its job that it was intended to do, if you've ever played Halo you know that grenades should be used as a preemptive strike for your actual attack or to finish someone off in these kind of games. 91 damage is enough to serve that purpose and the range is barely reduced.

It was broken before because it used to do almost 70% damage in a large area and used to require little to no precision from the player...bringing a support ability down to do 50% damage is not making it crap, it's making it balanced.

I'm seeing a lot of "it's crap now" reactions here (from everyone) without any factual evidence or numbers instead what I do get are ancedots and vague response such as "but it didn't work !!"... Well maybe they threw it wrong? I remember this one scrim between DGAF and some other top clan and one of their players kept complaining about how his arcbolt never works despite him throwing it properly...you see DGAF's stream and you notice it was because he kept throwing it wrong.

The funniest ones are the ones where a person will say something is crap and then after a while someone else comes in and says that same thing's a beast. Lol

Update on patrol and faction quests from Bungie!

We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Not sure how this changes anything. Those that have completed it still won't be able to do them again, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Update on the emblem thing. Bungie fixed the wording on the post on their forum.

Now it says only patrols won't get retroactive rewards:

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards.

Trickster

How do people get a good ghost and class item? Mine are shit

Take those 150 guns he has, they're free and they have an objective assigned to each of them in the description. Upon completion of those assignments you get rep.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How do people get a good ghost and class item? Mine are shit

Take those 150 guns he has, they're free and they have an objective assigned to each of them in the description. Upon completion of those assignments you get rep.

Ghost from The Speaker. Class item from doing the class quests.

So I didn't play any HoW, and am coming back to destiny for 2.0. Should I not bother upgrading any weapons I currently have? Is leveling my year 1 exotics pointless? Do we know the attack level cap for year 2 yet?
Ehhh it might be useful for the beginning missions of TTK or just join up with people :) but I wouldn't waste my time grinding to max it out. And I don't know what the attack level cap for year 2 is, maybe someone else...

The epilogue is getting a lot of love on crucible playbook

Yeah I faced a guy who was shredding with it last night. I've been mailing the IB pulse rifle and it's been surprisingly good as well. I guess it's no surprise since bungie said they like bullet hoses and up until now they've been useless.

Only gonna do this once.... but since the 2.0 hype is down and update is today...

tumblr_lkq4ecBDLv1qbyxrvo1_500.gif

DGAF upmote me onegaishimasu

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...my_knifetacular_year_one_sendoff_montage_503/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...weekly_montage_contest_upvote_your_favorites/ (my post is in the comments)

Ocean pls

What does Bungie have against map where you can see what the fuck is going on? Sector 618 is clearly the factory where they got the shit that was vomited on Exodus Blue. Memento with those 2 flights of stair, what? Thieve's Den with its valley of shotguns.

The only map I dig so far is Bannerfall and I only played half a game there.

Update on the emblem thing. Bungie fixed the wording on the post on their forum.
Their messaging is still completely terrible. They need examples, specifics. After that statement, they need another other sentence that says something clear and plain like "This includes missing subclass quest emblems". Instead, we are still arguing over whether or not the subclass quests count as vanguard faction quests, and if that means they are included, or are they just referring to dead orbit quests that you can't turn in yet.

Looks like they edited the post again. Now it looks like we will have to re-do them. I can deal with that.

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date."

edit: actually that still reads a little weird, faction specific quests could mean the actual level 25 faction quests that are also bugged.

So hmmm can we get the new legendary marks right now?, my red ghost shell have 3 defense compared to the speaker's 170 defense with crap skills

noomi

Only gonna do this once.... but since the 2.0 hype is down and update is today...

DGAF upmote me onegaishimasu

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...my_knifetacular_year_one_sendoff_montage_503/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...weekly_montage_contest_upvote_your_favorites/

Ocean pls

upmoted!

So hmmm can we get the new legendary marks right now?, my red ghost shell have 3 defense compared to the speaker's 170 defense with crap skills

No not yet, once TTK hits.

Frenden

Banned
Along with the generally settled upon sentiment legendary hand cannons are faring better than most their exotic counterparts, I'd like to announce that Fatebringer holds its own pretty well in PvP.

Grunt birthday party!

What's up with The Speaker not having his usual assortment of Class Items? I'm assuming they're waiting until the 15th to update his wares. I'd imagine the same goes for the Legendary Marks, right? I still have all of my Crucible & Vanguard marks.

I also thought you were supposed to choose between Crucible and Vanguard, but I guess there's still a few more changes coming with The Taken King.

Deku Tree

Oh, those! yeah I'm using em currently

Each weapon has a specific objective listen in it's weapon description. You have to do that in order to level up the GunSmith.

If you have done the NF this week, then you can reach rank 1 with the GunSmith by doing all of the GunSmith weapon objectives with each weapon this week.

vctor182

The epilogue is getting a lot of love on crucible playbook

I didn't like the recoil, but Abyss Defiant....man that gun is great now I'm wrecking anything and anyone with this it's a High RoF with great stability and good magazine size and you can switch it to Focus Fire if that's your thing. The Timepiece is also awesome, fast, stable, big clip too

Tovarisc

Not sure how this changes anything. Those that have completed it still won't be able to do them again, unless I'm misunderstanding.

To me order and structure of sentences imply we get to redo quests on later date, which I would be okey with.

Class item - As a titan striker...fuck

Just talk with vanguard about leveling up. Reward for reaching level 30 gives good quality class item, only way to get better one is to do PoE.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This limbo state makes me wonder what to do in Destiny, if i should play it at all.

I'm almost feeling like i should remake my character to see the new story line and what they've done, but at the same time all my rep will be gone.

Hmm hmm

I didn't like the recoil, but Abyss Defiant....man that gun is great now I'm wrecking anything and anyone with this it's a High RoF with great stability and good magazine size and you can switch it to Focus Fire if that's your thing. The Timepiece is also awesome, fast, stable, big clip too
Makes me wanna run more Crota Hard mode more often to nab raid guns i missed

lt519

So I only have 4 days to play TTK before I have to leave for over two weeks, bumming me out, bad timing. May try the Raid on Friday if I'm at a high enough level but I'm going to have to run it mid-October in full for the first time. I'd like to do it blind so if anyone is in the same boat I think 3 of my clan mates are going to wait but we'll need 2 more.

Upvoted. Your original Gunslinger guide video actually convinced me to run Gunslinger over Bladedancer a while back. Flying knives everywhere.

That's awesome

I will swear by the Gunslinger forever! Although i'm growing more open to giving the Nightstalker a try next week. The Sprinkler emote completes the class.

Homeboyd

Wow at these class-specific weapon perks:

> Immobius (Link) - TITAN SHOTGUN. UNIQUE PERKS: (Bouncer) Kills inside Ward of Dawn with Armor of Light do not expend ammo. (Surrounded) This weapon gains bonus damage when three or more enemies are in close proximity.
> Susanoo (Link) - WARLOCK FUSION RIFLE. UNIQUE PERKS: (Elemental Transfusion) Causing damage with subclass abilities will transfuse that damage type to this weapon for a period of time. (Hot Swap) Readying this weapon grants a brief period of bonus accuracy.
> Stillpiercer (Link) - HUNTER SNIPER RIFLE. UNIQUE PERKS: (Self Spotter) Increased radar resolution when this weapon is equipped. (Perfectionist) Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom