• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Good thing I only did the kill portion for the striker quest and nothing else. Glad I checked in here, otherwise I would have burned through and not even know about the issue. Still trying to adjust to PvP but I think I'm going to be stuck at the bottom until the new weapons hit. I always was subaverage in crucible, but can't manage to even hit 1 k/d on any mode outside of control and even there it's hit or miss. Been a hand cannon user since the beta and this nerf has hit me hard.

Me too =(

I'm decent with pulse rifles (I started using my max stability 55A Allfate last night and was having some success with it) but hand cannons have always been my go-to gun in Crucible from nearly day 1. I was rocking a The Devil You Know back in Vanilla way before all of the Thorn and TLW hype hit.

I worked really, really hard to get decent in PVP and now it feels like I've taken a couple of steps back. Relearning the maps, getting a handle on the new weapon handling and range differences and losing my beloved trio of Hawkmoon, TLW and Thorn is almost too overwhelming.

I am truthfully envious of you folks who are good at PVP and make it look easy. Especially if you do it as a Titan. I really enjoy the Crucible but I am also super competitive so even though it is a game I tend to get very frustrated with myself when I die over and over without getting kills and end up with a bad k/d.

I need to loosen up a little bit and just enjoy the ride, I guess.

Ozone

Just to be clear, I can buy the $40 Taken King up on the PS Store now at work and have it downloading, then just pay $20 from the in-game prompt when I get home to upgrade to CE? I want to make sure so I don't screw up and buy the wrong thing.

Right but the Exotic Sword on stream was at 310 and it had an upgrade node that gave it the ability to reach a higher attack value than 310... could have been just a test build and un-reliable... but also the Trials TTK adept weapons start at 310 attack and they also have an "infuse" node that allows you to increase their attack value... so then if you can get above 310 attack then my question is... how? Seems like it might be impossible to answer at this time.

Isnt it obvious?

310 isnt the max

Crap. Finished all the field testing and my gun smith rep is 64 short of level 1.

Definitely do the nightfall before starting. I did 2 before and 3 after to get this result

Nuszka

Just need a confirmation. If I do a nf on Saturday when I get home will I get 250 vanguard rep , my hunter is at 2249 right now as I messed him up the week I was going away, so if I do the nf he should be at 2449 , 1 point short if the edge, is that correct?

If there is one thing I learned form my short stint as OP, it's that people are super fucking touchy about their OT titles.

E92 M3

I think he means the reference from that...

The reference is the famous song "‎In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (In the Garden of Eden)" by Iron Butterfly

Edit: Hawk'd

Ah, I just found it funny from a simple level. Don't know that song lol. The title was a creative play on words!

If there is one thing I learned form my short stint as OP, it's that people are super fucking touchy about their OT titles.

It's Suros business.

PuMa

People only used Suros Regime in Iron Banner.

Yeah, but who's Ron Banner? Over my head I guess.

Rene and I were looking for you last night. We should all get on this week/weekend and get some PVP in together brotha.

Sorry! I've only been able to hop on for a match or two here and there in the quiet moments I have when the girls are down. I definitely want to hook up with you guys again soon.

Thanks for educating, Hawk! Not a Simpsons guy, so that explains why I wouldn't get it.

Me too =(

I'm decent with pulse rifles (I started using my max stability 55A Allfate last night and was having some success with it) but hand cannons have always been my go-to gun in Crucible from nearly day 1. I was rocking a The Devil You Know back in Vanilla way before all of the Thorn and TLW hype hit.

I worked really, really hard to get decent in PVP and now it feels like I've taken a couple of steps back. Relearning the maps, getting a handle on the new weapon handling and range differences and losing my beloved trio of Hawkmoon, TLW and Thorn is almost too overwhelming.

I am truthfully envious of you folks who are good at PVP and make it look easy. Especially if you do it as a Titan. I really enjoy the Crucible but I am also super competitive so even though it is a game I tend to get very frustrated with myself when I die over and over without getting kills and end up with a bad k/d.

All those handcannons are still useful from what i can tell. Thorn being above the others. They now all fit into distinct niche uses now and have ranges that fit their archetype properly.

That said its tough being a mid range hand cannon user against shotguns and pulse rifles right now

Noomi, you did Crota HM last night right? Any changes to be aware of? I think I want to do a run tonight and 1 last stab for the 4th Horseman before TTK.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
All those handcannons are still useful from what i can tell. Thorn being above the others. They now all fit into distinct niche uses now and have ranges that fit their archetype properly.

That said its tough being a mid range hand cannon user against shotguns and pulse rifles right now

I kinda wish they'd buff precision damage tbh

Kalamari

M

Absolutely, Crucible is not as honest a game as compared to other FPSs out there, it's best not to take it seriously, or you will end up with lots of broken stuff. :p

Noomi, you did Crota HM last night right? Any changes to be aware of? I think I want to do a run tonight and 1 last stab for the 4th Horseman before TTK.

The sword disappears again, also each area has a name like on the VoG. I only saw Crota but when you completed that it came up oversoul throne

so whats the general consensus on best crucible primaries after 2.0? I hear alot of talk of pulse rifles, red death, bad juju. how are the exotic auto rifles? scout rifles?

rNilla

OK guys, I'm ready.

3adLF6t.gif

Deku Tree

Isnt it obvious?

310 isnt the max

My question was "how" not why?

I'm not convinced 310 is max either, but even if it is, max weapons will still have infusion. Infusion is the future proofing of our weapons for dlc.

That's the obvious part.

The ascension button disappears on HoW weapons after you ascend them. That's possible, but would be weird for them to leave the inspfusion button in if the weapon can't be infused any further before the next DLC.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
so whats the general consensus on best crucible primaries after 2.0? I hear alot of talk of pulse rifles, red death, bad juju. how are the exotic auto rifles? scout rifles?

there is no best weapon

enjoy variety

WipedOut

TTK Year 2.0 Hype - Loving all the new changes and also that you can use motes to level up items.

B-Hammer is fricking garbagio now, rage dismantled last night

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Gotta love Saturn.
Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Waiiiiiit. Just noticed something. I have Husk of the Pit but can't level it until I get the Balming Wax or whatever from level 3 Eris. Eris isn't selling the Wax anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom