• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_El

It sucks. I'm the opposite of a casual player - to such an extent that I did all 6 subclasses before I even knew there was an emblem, much less that I had missed out on it.

I can't imagine Bungie will just shrug their arms and say fuck it. I mean they did that with people whose emblem slot was full when they first killed Skolas or cleared Trials but at least you could do those activities again. Missing a reward from a 1 time activity and doing nothing about it would be even more uncool.

In this particular situation I'm sure someone at Bungie will think "this is a bug which affects only a small subset of the population". Someone else will hopefully counter with "yeah, the most dedicated subset" and make sure it's fixed.

Yeah that's the problem because I was just playing constantly instead of figuring out if I should be playing. Although I may not wear it all the time. I gots to have my precious. Hopefully this situation gets resolved but i'm going to wait on the rest and just do the stranger's rifle bounties.

Top of page edit
The-Taken-King1.jpg

Deku Tree

I was under the assumption that you'll need to consume 310 atk weapons to get your legendaries to 310.

Right but the Exotic Sword on stream was at 310 and it had an upgrade node that gave it the ability to reach a higher attack value than 310... could have been just a test build and un-reliable... but also the Trials TTK adept weapons start at 310 attack and they also have an "infuse" node that allows you to increase their attack value... so then if you can get above 310 attack then my question is... how? Seems like it might be impossible to answer at this time.

Ummm,
these guns have the reforge orb on them. I though reforging was gone?

They have the orb, but if you hover over it, no writing appears. While if you hover over the other orbs writing does appear. I think it will just be random, the perks you can get are random as well. More grinding the raid to get the perk you want on a weapon lol.

Looking back on some old titles for year 1...

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians
Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians
Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.
Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants
Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes
Destiny |OT6| Lock me like one of your French girls, Jack
Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner
Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese
Destiny |OT9| Suros Business
Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended
Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!
Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.
Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas
Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End
Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come
Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...
Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch
Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA
Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost
Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?
Destiny |OT♦21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef
Destiny |OT♦22| Game of Thorns
Destiny |OT♦23| This Train is Bound for Mercury
Destiny |OT♦24| Dances with Wolves
Destiny |OT♦25| The Taken Thread
Destiny |OT♦26| Like a Hat
Destiny |OT♦27| Nerf Herders
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan Beyond
Destiny |OT♦Forever29| The Season Finale
Destiny |OT♦30| Long Live the King

RIP in peace DGAF Season 1. Not sure if those links are useful for OP purposes but there they are anyways. Nami, a few more threads and you could fill an entire OT with your posts alone!

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

OT7 was definitely the best name, OT22 runner up

Idk last night I survived a bunch of arc bolts that would have killed me previously. It's more the damage reduction than the lack of distance that's made it less effective.

Bladedancers definitely got nerfed.

Deku Tree

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants
Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes

RIP in peace DGAF Season 1. Not sure if those links are useful for OP purposes but there they are anyways. Nami, a few more threads and you could fill an entire OT with your posts alone!

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

It's funny to think of the original thread titles for some of those... and why they were changed by a Mod.

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

The OT7 title is my finest creative achievement

nOoblet16

When I said it's a myth I didn't mean it doesn't exist...my intention was to say that it isn't enough to make much of a difference especially for players who use blink properly and for more than just "I wanna blink to your face and fire this shotgun".

I've never blink shotgunned but I do use blink a LOT in ways most people don't think of using and I've found my usage of blink to be completely unaffected.

R0ckman

Is it possible Bungie may lower the points feom regular kills in Rift? It seems to encourage the more reckless players to not give a damn about the objective. Friend now thinks Rift is crap because of this.

E92 M3

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

OT7 is still one of my favorite titles. I just love it.

Shito

I can see why folks don't want to do Skolas anymore. I heard there was a way to cheese him before with burns, but that was taken away. The fight takes forever as well.

However, if anyone needs help with it, I'm down. Just send me a message, respond to this post, or hit me up on PSN. My PSN is Afrodeeziyak.
Actually, Skolas is one of the best fights available in the game at the moment, with the Templar and Atheon.
The problem is more that the rewards are next to none, and worse than that is that it takes FOREVER to reach that fight, with no checkpoint being available. Those 5 rounds you have to get through before getting to him not only are a real bore and chore to do, but they also never change.
If there was a way to boot into the Skolas fight directly, I would have done it waaay more than just once.

ocean

Banned

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all
Damn reading the titles tells the story of this game :p interesting how the reflect what was going on at the time.

This is what I figured. Bungie needs to just kill the high-impact shotgun archetype ASAP and shave off impact for these shotguns and this will go away.

Even if Bungie introduces all lower impact, faster firing shotguns in TTK people will still hold onto their HoW sniper shotguns because they will always be the best option in PvP, no question.

Shot Package should also just be removed. I want actual shotgun/melee gunfights!

Impact is fine. Within a reasonable range a shotgun should 1 shot. The range is what needs to be scaled back and range extending boosts on shotguns need to be removed on existing weapons and replaced. They changed the rangefinder on Necrochasm to zen movement so Bungie has the ability to do this.

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

I'm sorry Hawkian, but OT11 is probably the worst title.

rNilla

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

Great post. This should be in all future OPs and maintained for posterity. Though maybe as a link to a list of links rather than 30 links. :)

nOoblet16

Idk last night I survived a bunch of arc bolts that would have killed me previously. It's more the damage reduction than the lack of distance that's made it less effective.

Bladedancers definitely got nerfed.

122 vs 91 now, sure you'll run into situation where it could have killed you previously and it doesn't now. But I think arcbolt serves its purpose of taking down the shield or taking down an enemy without shield when it connects. Previously it did almost 70% of damage, that made it broken considering how often you could get the grenade.

Is the current bladedancer worse than the one before patch ? sure...but it's hardly "just above titan tier". It's still going to remain one of the top PvP class along with Gunslinger. The main reason I use Bladedancer is because of Quickdraw and the ability to quickly withdraw from a situation, with a bonus that I get a grenade that I can use to pre nade everytime I spawn. That bit remains unchaged for me even after this patch.

So I'm confused...

Tower Weapons and other dropped "normal mode" weapons probably have a max attack value of 280...

And "heroic" and "adept" weapons seem to have a max attack value of 310...

Also the exotic sword on stream had a max attack value of 310...

... but the exotic sword had an "infuse" node that allowed you to upgrade it's attack value with an exotic shard, and legendary marks, and some other stuff... they surfed over the node for a split second on stream...

... and also the adept weapons seem to have an "infuse" node so that you can raise their attack value by absorbing other higher attack value weapons.

... so if you can infuse 310 attack weapons then where do you get the legendary weapons with attack values that are higher than 310? Seems like all the hardest tier content drops 310 attack weapons? Does completing the heroic
"boss challenges"
in the Kings Fall Raid give you a chance at higher attack value weapon?

This all seems very confusing. I'm not sure how I feel about this new grind. Before it was just the chase for the drop. Now it's the chase and the grind to max it out. I suppose it's good for dup drops and legendaries we don't want to use. I'll be curious to see how it all shakes out.

Wallach

When I said it's a myth I didn't mean it doesn't exist...my intention was to say that it isn't enough to make much of a difference especially for players who use blink properly and for more than just "I wanna blink to your face and fire this shotgun".

I've never blink shotgunned but I do use blink a LOT in ways most people don't think of using and I've found my usage of blink to be completely unaffected.

I know what you mean, but I feel like those uses of Blink aren't really what made it seem overpowered. Like between that weapon ready change and the easier to see trails, as a Titan I don't think Blink feels broken anymore and I'm pretty satisfied with how Increased Control compares at this point.

I'm still not fuckin' okay with Titan melees, but one step at a time I guess.

Afrocious

I'm wondering if light will still correlate with levels as they do now after the 2.0 patch.

Formerly, Skolas recommended being level 35. Now it recommends having a light level of 175. 175 divided by 5 is 35. Of course, our max light atm is 170. 170 divided by 5 is 34, the current max level guardians can have.

If you check out the story missions that we're locked out of playing on higher difficulties, they recommend 280 light. 280 / 5 = 40.

That said, dealing with 310 gear, 310 / 5 = 62...

I'm thinking there'll be a max level we can reach with our XP like always, but our light levels can get to crazy heights in TTK and anything after. I'm willing to bet that once we hit level 40, we'll be able to work for gear that has more than 280 atk/def.

Kyne

This all seems very confusing. I'm not sure how I feel about this new grind. Before it was just the chase for the drop. Now it's the chase and the grind to max it out. I suppose it's good for dup drops and legendaries we don't want to use. I'll be curious to see how it all shakes out.

correction, it's the chase for the correctly rolled (exotics included) and the grind to max it out.

it's gonna be a long year.

ocean

Banned
122 vs 91 now, sure you'll run into situation where it could have killed your previous but it doesn't now. But I think arcbolt serves its purpose of taking down the shield or taking down an enemy without shield when it connects. Previously it did almost 70% of damage, that made it broken considering how often you could get the grenade.
That's a dramatic difference because of where it lies.

If it had been 140 to 120 it wouldn't have mattered for instance. The thing here is a hand cannon headshot for 84 + Arcbolt tag used to be a kill. Now it isn't.

Like imagine a guardian has 200 health and you have a sniper which does 100 damage to the body. Gaining 1 damage to a body shot = completely insignificant buff. Losing one damage = nerfed so bad it's useless since it's now a 3 shot.

Arcbolt coming down from 100 means it can't kill in an enormous variety of scenarios where it would have. It's the biggest nerf to that subclass.

Frostburn

Yeah that's the problem because I was just playing constantly instead of figuring out if I should be playing. Although I may not wear it all the time. I gots to have my precious. Hopefully this situation gets resolved but i'm going to wait on the rest and just do the stranger's rifle bounties.

Top of page edit
The-Taken-King1.jpg

Gotta go 100 posts per page man! Also the image is great, my wife made a joke about "The Taken King" being Liam Neeson just the other day and thought it was the funniest thing she's ever told me.

I don't think we'll be doing a lot of infusing in Taken King of end game gear. I realized that infusion is the Year 2 version of Ascending. I'm guessing (hoping) that drops will be at TK max, but the Year 2 expansions will have higher light levels, so you can infuse your TK gear and keep it going.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Well, I agree with that. I use blink mostly defensively and for mobility, and it was definitely still able to do so even on maps I didn't know that well. I did experience that one case of feeling it with my machine gun. But now that I know, it's correctable. I essentially squandered a full mag of heavy and it was very sad.

How the hell did i just complete the vanguard bounty of killing 30 enemies without taking damage playing exclusively crucible? That's possible now?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There's like no way they just tell you to sod off. This actually doesn't sound like the kind of bug that would take a ton of effort to fix, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I'm not even slightly worried about it. Guys are gonna get their stuff. I can't think of any situations where players were screwed out of content in this game short of Queens Wrath tbh. At least nothing of this level.

It's outstanding.

Also, didn't mentionit in my post but I saw a fair bit of death coming from Necrochasm, and I saw one person killed by the proc explosion. I'll have to give it a shot.

Yeah, it's real. It's a fraction of a second difference, but that's enough. Blink shotgunning was never my preference so I'm not salty, but I did notice a personal impact after pulling heavy, switching, blinking and trying to fire coming out of it- I lost a heavy mag because my trigger didn't respond as quickly as I expected.

It's a fair change though. No regrets. We need to keep in mind how different the interplay between classes will be with the three new subs.
Necrochasm is scary. The 'always trigger explosions on crit' thing is just... it demands your attention lol.

It's blown out of proportions including the "arcbolt nerf" (a reduction in range from 9 meters to 8 is not significant, especially when everyone who uses it wears lucky raspberry to increase the range), the purpose of arcbolt was to rid the enemy of shields or take down an enemy with no shields....like the grenades in Halo and it does so still because 91 damage is enough for that as it's exactly half of the average guardian health. The inconsistency that you are talking about has existed because of the way arcbolt chains i.e. it goes around in a circle like a clock's hand rather than it being instantaneous like firebolt.

If you disagree with me about what I've said then just wait a few weeks and you will see the general consensus. 2 days into the patch is not long enough to form a general consensus when everyone is talking about how Bungie has destroyed their favourite thing, and how it's useless now. You hear people arguing for both sides, an example of it being the argument we are having right now.
the reaction time to blink isn't going to get any wider unless its patched again though. the second jump was never a real issue - it just compounded the existing one. being able to ready weapons coming out of a blink that was pretty much ridiculously difficult to follow in every circumstance was just too much pressure on the defending player. now that advantage is reduced just slightly and human reaction time is allowed to exist again. blinks strength was the fact that you couldn't reasonably expect to defend against it - now you can. and if you're going airborne like everyone else, you may as well do it in a way that allows you to stay in the air with more control and fire as you please

and arc grenades won't suddenly -not- be one of the weakest grenades in the game unless its buffed back either. arcbolt was great before because you could get a hit with it then know for a fact that your handcannon headshot would do the job without thinking twice and that literally cannot happen anymore lol. that's an entire new realm for bladedancers - enemies that shoot back after you've done your early work.

Right but the Exotic Sword on stream was at 310 and it had an upgrade node that gave it the ability to reach a higher attack value than 310... could have been just a test build and un-reliable... but also the Trials TTK adept weapons start at 310 attack and they also have an "infuse" node that allows you to increase their attack value... so then if you can get above 310 attack then my question is... how? Seems like it might be impossible to answer at this time.

Even a max attack weapon will have an infuse node. When the next dlc comes out we will be using the infuse nodes on all TTK weapons we love. This infuse node replaces ascension and Xûr's stupid ass upgrade mechanic.

In short, infuse nodes exist for future proofing our weapons.

correction, it's the chase for the correctly rolled (exotics included) and the grind to max it out.

it's gonna be a long year.

Haha. Oh man. It's all so overwhelming! I wonder if this was the game as it was supposed to be, but at some point last year they had to just get it out the door first.

Speaking of a long year...Do we know if any other DLC or "expansions" will drop this year? TTK sounds like it's going to keep us all busy for a while. This is considered a comet drop right? So it's possible we will have another TDB and HoW before Year 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom