• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

He has weapons you can "test" for free: they are basically quests.
You have to use them in PVE or PVP and complete their tasks to "research them".
The bounties auto-complete and they level up the gunsmith reputation.
You get 250 rep per weapon without the NF buff, 312 with it.
With the NF buff, you can reach rank 1 reputation with him, which will allow you to order a legendary weapon that you will receive on wednesday.
The 3 PVE bounties are really easy and quick to complete. The 2 PVP ones depend on your skill with a so-so fusion rifle and sniper rifle in the crucible.

Worth doing. :)

thank you!

Anastasis

In the twitch reveal stream the order packages were requiring rank 1.
Now it's totally possible they changed this ever since that build.

Sweet! I wonder when we order them then. I gotta finish that sniper one. Some who hit rank 1 said they weren't able to order them yet.

Edit: Shito answered on the previous page - Tuesday it is!

flkraven

I would love for us to move on to other threats in some Y2 expansions; I want some more Vex-inspired gear. :D

Screen-Sho1t-2014-06-05-at-11.59.44-AM.png

No way. It's the Cabal's time to shine.

Deku Tree

310 is the current max. Selecting "Infuse" pulls up a small menu that shows items you are able to infuse with. If the best gun you can get in TTK is 310, that menu is going to have nothing in it. Nothing better than 310 = nothing to "sacrifice" to improve your gun.

Solved.

Y2 Expansion 2 will drop items at 320, allowing infusing of 310 guns from TTK.

It makes perfect sense if its going to be a continued system. Bungie knew Ascension was just a temp fix.

It illustrates to the player that the weapon, while maxed now, will be able to be infused later in its life.

Imagine all the questions... "My Raze lighter doesn't have an infuse node on it anymore, will I be able to infuse it when dlc 4 comes out?"

Your probably right... The issue I have with this is that the exotics were upgradable with existing materials... Gotta wait until Tuesday to find out more...

No you cannot order anything at rank 1. At least not yet.

Has it been confirmed we can order at rank 1? I couldn't find any info on it yesterday and I thought I remembered from an interview that it was only going to be from rank 2 onwards.

If this is truly the case I feel better now about finishing most of them without a NF buff. I can rank up to 2 next week and get the first order the week after TTK.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crap. Finished all the field testing and my gun smith rep is 64 short of level 1.

Definitely do the nightfall before starting. I did 2 before and 3 after to get this result
Same exact setup, lol. Oh well. I will get it on another character.
The Gatekeeper can block your sword swings now.

http://i.imgur.com/iTAQW3n.gifv
...that is sweet.

Looks like someone signed up, so there will be a Newbie CE tonight after all. Hope to get to experience this firsthand. Still so curious as to what happened to Atticus' girl.
LordofPwn said:
178233194]great job Hawkian! excited for the memories year 2 brings in the taken king
thanks! I'm hyped.
I'm sorry Hawkian, but OT11 is probably the worst title.
those who can't comprehend the greatness of Spinal Tap should apologize.

Anastasis

Congratulations to DestinyGaf on a remarkable 30 OTs. And thanks to those who helped me cpmplete my first ever raid on VOG

Ps is there a different way to get TTK digital without putting money on Psn?

Not if you want the $40 version for already having everything up to the Taken King. PSN needs to verify you have it all (Vanilla, Dark Below, House of Wolves) to give that option.

It looks like GameStop and Best Buy list the digital collector's version (everything released Year 1 and Taken King) for $80.

Currently no way to buy the legendary version all digital, but that may change post release.

matmanx1

Please no. My puny Titan arms lose this fight every time. I can't see that changing with a new Stormcaller perk that gives Warlocks even greater melee distance.

I know what you mean, but I feel like those uses of Blink aren't really what made it seem overpowered. Like between that weapon ready change and the easier to see trails, as a Titan I don't think Blink feels broken anymore and I'm pretty satisfied with how Increased Control compares at this point.

I'm still not fuckin' okay with Titan melees, but one step at a time I guess.

So I'm not alone in hating that Titans have the worst melee in the game, eh? I'd be ok with it if they would just give it some more range, like a straight lunge or something. And don't get me started on throwing knives. What I wouldn't give to have a slightly larger bag of tricks in PVP as a Titan. Maybe Sunbreaker will improve things a little bit?

eh, when ever a new expasnsion comes out we always expect somthing nice. instead we get nothing good. the week before TDB he sold Plan C, and the week of launch, we got Plan C again......

We also got Plan C a couple of weeks ago but yeah, I am still betting on Plan C. I'd most want Hard Light or Red Death but I seriously doubt we are getting either of those.

Shito

As always, I just want him to sell the Ram.
So you can be sure he WON'T sell the Ram...

My guess is on a troll weapon. I'm betting TLW.

Roche

I think the Bad Juju might be a tad overpowered, I get like 4 Supers a game with it and it's dominant at the close to mid-range game.

I'm ok with this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So I'm not alone in hating that Titans have the worst melee in the game, eh? I'd be ok with it if they would just give it some more range, like a straight lunge or something. And don't get me started on throwing knives. What I wouldn't give to have a slightly larger bag of tricks in PVP as a Titan. Maybe Sunbreaker will improve things a little bit?

We also got Plan C a couple of weeks ago but yeah, I am still betting on Plan C. I'd most want Hard Light or Red Death but I seriously doubt we are getting either of those.
I'm pretty sure Throwing Knives were invented specifically to kill Titans.

Trickster

Didn't you used to be able to do strikes alone if you wanted too? Been so long I last played Destiny that these things are hard to remember

Also, do enemies in strikes become harder depending on your and your teammates level? Was doing the Devil's Lair strike on normal mode. and those level 8-10 mobs took a much better beating than mobs outside of strikes do.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I'm not alone in hating that Titans have the worst melee in the game, eh?
No that's a really common sentiment. Although I must say, Shoulder Charge and the various Force Barriers are both quite good. It's just the standard T-rex range everyone hates.
I think the Bad Juju might be a tad overpowered, I get like 4 Supers a game with it and it's dominant at the close to mid-range game.

I'm ok with this.
Unlike most everything I've seen altered by this patch, Bad Juju appears to have no weaknesses.

Fear Obsidian Mindlocks in the Crucible. And goddamnitfuckchrist I want Celestial Nighthawk so bad for PvE

Raybunny

Why is it telling me to fully upgrade the Bladedancer subclass when it's already fully upgraded?

Psyduck.jpg

Bungie quest handling is not that great. It will resume the quest after a couple of seconds. If not then talk with the bounty npc ( the robot) to reload your quests.

Tovarisc

Update on patrol and faction quests from Bungie!

We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

JayHayabusa

I give up on class quests, will do them when TTK hits.... maybe.

Did both hunter ones, and pretty salty about not getting the emblems

Do we know if we do them now and not turn them in untill the 15th we avoid the bug? Or better save the final step of each till after the 15th?

Lee

Update on patrol and faction quests from Bungie!

We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date.

Right, faction quests can't be turned in though, correct? So there is no way to miss those rewards. Still doesn't answer the issues regarding subclass quests and those emblems.

matmanx1

I'm pretty sure Throwing Knives were invented specifically to kill Titans.

Haha, most likely.

No that's a really common sentiment. Although I must say, Shoulder Charge and the various Force Barriers are both quite good. It's just the standard T-rex range everyone hates.

Unlike most everything I've seen altered by this patch, Bad Juju appears to have no weaknesses.

Fear Obsidian Mindlocks in the Crucible. And goddamnitfuckchrist I want Celestial Nighthawk so bad for PvE

Shoulder Charge is great but I still haven't found a great use for the shield that is generated while you are sprinting in a straight line. As soon as you stop sprinting to ready a weapon the barrier goes away. Thoughts?

Homeboyd

So people have been seeing motes dropping like crazy and wondering if it's for leveling up or doing specific things...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...rning_25000_exp_now_rewards_3_motes_of_light/

Appears to award 3 at every 25k XP. Also,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...5000_exp_now_rewards_3_motes_of_light/cuwp21o
Also bounties can drop up to five of them (and strange coins), just turned in 7 bounties which got my 10k no deaths one done and turned it in too, it gave me 10 mol and 4 sc. that's amazing...

So I didn't play any HoW, and am coming back to destiny for 2.0. Should I not bother upgrading any weapons I currently have? Is leveling my year 1 exotics pointless? Do we know the attack level cap for year 2 yet?

Shito

So people have been seeing motes dropping like crazy and wondering if it's for leveling up or doing specific things...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...rning_25000_exp_now_rewards_3_motes_of_light/

Appears to award 3 at every 25k XP. Also,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...5000_exp_now_rewards_3_motes_of_light/cuwp21o
Yeah, did a bunch of bounties yesterday while quickly trying out the PVE test weapons, and I got 3 motes for one, and a strange coin for another.
I liked it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom