• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having hit 290 Light, would it be useful to type up a little description of how the profession works? Some details about recommendations for increasing Light, etc. Has someone already done this? Do people feel generally comfortable with Light progression or is it still overwhelming/confusing?

Having hit 290 Light, would it be useful to type up a little description of how the profession works? Some details about recommendations for increasing Light, etc. Has someone already done this? Do people feel generally comfortable with Light progression or is it still overwhelming/confusing?

Anything helps :)

It's been annoying having awful drops constantly even from legendary drops :(

If anyone wants to do the Cosmodrome Champions stuff, feel free to join me. I need Skywatch (for a different quest) and that damned Rocketyard. (PSN: MiniMe637).

Deku Tree

I feel like I have the general idea, but a lot of people reading this thread seem to be confused abou it judging by a lot of posts. And I'd certainly read it. I'm sure I've missed some stuff.

Nuszka

Warlock at 293, titan at 282, 2xnf done first i got low defense warlock bond, second JADE RABBIT , think I'm ready for the raid.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So what's the point of Armsday? I placed an order for 2 weapons that I get next week, what then? You just use them for that week, what else do you do with them?

Hey guys! Can you unlock Nightstalker without doing any of the TTK story? And how long does it take?

All full for tonight, sorry :(
Technically no, you have to do the first story mission. But you can do the nightstalker unlock quest right after that. You'll have it unlocked in under an hour, depending on how much sightseeing you do.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just clear the first Phobos mission and talk to Cayde he will give you the quest, it's very quick less than 10 min.
Thx. Is the first Phobos mission the first main TTK story mission?
Having hit 290 Light, would it be useful to type up a little description of how the progression works? Some details about recommendations for increasing Light, etc. Has someone already done this? Do people feel generally comfortable with Light progression or is it still overwhelming/confusing?
Go for it... I'd appreciate it myself just to see how it matches up (or not) with my expectations of what they'd incorporated. I was planning to do exactly that, but I have nooooo idea when I'll be hitting that range myself and I didn't want to advise anyone without having experienced it myself.

Frenden

Banned
Weird. I have 300+ Motes and 25 Hadium Flakes on my character, but the requirement hasn't triggered for the forging bounty. Am I missing something?

Cantaloup

In The Taken King can you trade planetary materials for legendary marks at the Vanguard quartermaster? I don't have TTK yet and I have this option but I don't hear people mentioning it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Colonel! I have off tomorrow let's group up a bunch!
Technically no, you have to do the first story mission. But you can do the nightstalker unlock quest right after that. You'll have it unlocked in under an hour, depending on how much sightseeing you do.
I just got this massive urge to unlock it to take (totally unleveled) into VoG with the newbies tonight. So on this occasion, sightseeing can wait! :D

It's kinda bullshit that all the roaming supers have armour except golden gun. Not that it needs the help but warlocks and titans have to be extra dumb to die during theirs

I was chatting with a couple gaffers about the Titan super the other day. I noticed tossing hammers that it's like they have proximity detonation the hit boxes are HUGE. They will definitely be getting a debuff on this super for sure.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That invis smoke grenade is so legit in pve its not even funny. Seriously that thing is a godsend.

It makes miracles possible.

It made that new Vex strike a breeze. Cloaking on demand? Yes, please.

I just bought the Don't TouchMe 2.0s too. PvE is mine.

I think I had an epiphany moment with light progression. Since the light level of your drops is dependant on the light level of your character (hence why everyone's faction packages yielded really low light legendaries, meanwhile someone here posted a blue Pulse Rifle with 286 light), this means that I'd you really wanted to you could keep progressing in light level by doing patrol all day. Not that I would suggest that, but the point is doing any activity will technically be working towards your next light level. This must be what Bungie meant when they said they wanted to reward the players time.

Meanwhile, vendor gear starts at 280 for those who want a bit of a jump start and any legendaries you really enjoy throughout your progression can be infused through your loads of blue drops.

phen0m24

Colonel! I have off tomorrow let's group up a bunch!
I just got this massive urge to unlock it to take (totally unleveled) into VoG with the newbies tonight. So on this occasion, sightseeing can wait! :D

I was off today for a dentist appt (hooray root canal #2!) but have to work tomorrow.

Tomorrow night I'm totally game! :)

maomaoIYP

I did the same two hours ago, but gave up after five minutes.

I really don't understand what there thinking was.

I think that if there were a little more upfront and clear with players on the new design philosophy of progression through drops, players would actually still want to play the crucible playlists that they liked to begin with.
In any case I'm also partially attributing the poor matchmaking with the fact that a large majority of players are still doing the quests which have guaranteed payouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom