• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simonnnnn

Many....

XO and I finished them today and never received the final part. The 3rd quest chain should be from Petra, she will ask you to go to the dreanaught.

We never got that one, no exotic scout :(

Had that same problem :( there must be something that triggers it, maybe the taken war quest line? Patrolling the Dreadnaught? Court of Oryx? Just sunk hours into it and got nothing, slightly disappointed

Anyone need to do the shield brothers part of the Chaperone quest? I'm 282 with a 300 shotgun. I'm thinking about just going for it.

Psn : Subtervotion

Anyone know why I have a constant Taken King symbol over the tower on the map screen when there's no-one to speak to once I get there?? It's been there since I finished the main missions and there's literally no waypoints when I go.

Holy shit there are sooo many steps to what I assume is the quest that leads to weekly Crucible bounties. Do the dailly. Play a decent match in every Crucible mode. Do the daily again at least 4 times (you have to win). Win 2 rounds of Rift.. which was the daily yesterday. Now onto some other mode. I'm in the part where you're winning games for factions. When will this end!

How did your quest line start? I have a few crucible quests, but I am not sure what line to follow.

Has ANYONE figured out how to unlock Shaxx's weekly bounties?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Woo, the glitchy chest spawned so I have my sword.

Sullichin

How did your quest line start? I have a few crucible quests, but I am not sure what line to follow.

I'm talking about the quest line that starts with getting kills with 2 points captured iirc. It goes on forever. Not sure if this is the one for the bounties.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This may sound like some next level shit

but use your sword to block, people. Its way better than you think it is. Block for your bros.

Sullichin

Rift is the worst mode.

I can't. I just can't.
I want to like it but I'm having a really hard time. It seriously took me longer to get two wins in Rift with randoms than it did to do the first part of the Chaperone quest. It seems like it can be fun but it's the most frustrating mode for me going in solo.

Anyone know why I have a constant Taken King symbol over the tower on the map screen when there's no-one to speak to once I get there?? It's been there since I finished the main missions and there's literally no waypoints when I go.
Yeah I got some of that.

X-Frame

Yup, there are just a ton of quests until they're available. It goes Shaxx then the factions then back to Shaxx then the Arcite Crucible bot then the Gunsmith, it's nuts.

Someone on Reddit unlocked them. I'm about 70% through.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OMG it's wednesday XD

rushing through these quests and shit to do the newbie raid ahahah fuck

I need food cleary I am delirious

sorry for yanking you guys out of whatever. see you tomorrow as scheduled XD

edit: And my apologies for spamming the people who clearly are not actually missing with party invites.

Dunk#7

QUESTION:

If I am going on vacation next week, but I have 2 armsday orders will they carry over to the following week? I don't want to miss out on the Scout and Shotty combo.

I NEED those guns as that is my loadout 90% of the time.

QUESTION:

If I am going on vacation next week, but I have 2 armsday orders will they carry over to the following week? I don't want to miss out on the Scout and Shotty combo.

I NEED those guns as that is my loadout 90% of the time.

Don't know but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. The order sits in your inventory so I imagine you'll be able to redeem it whenever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I'm dumb I thought heroic strike was 240 not 260. Guess I'm not ready yet

Which weapons are people picking for the armsday? I'm rank 2 now, so I can pick up a 2nd one. Went with the Hakke Lyudmila-D for my first package.

Can we talk about how fucking incredible the new strikes are? Were the people who designed these the same people who designed year 1 strikes? My goodness.

Wallach

Which weapons are people picking for the armsday? I'm rank 2 now, so I can pick up a 2nd one. Went with the Hakke Lyudmila-D for my first package.

I got both the Hakke PRs. Those were the two PRs I was eyeing in the Armory last week so I figured I'd get a second chance at a good perk roll. Thought about the Omolon FR but I have decent FR and sniper already, really need Primary and Heavy options.

Pons

Neo Member
Question about infusion. I understand the concept. You sacrifice a higher atk weapon / def armor to increase the atk / def on the item being infused.

How does that affect things like the level 36 legendary Apple of Discord you get as a story quest reward. Since it isn't a level 40 legendary, won't it, even if infused, still lag behind the dmg of a level 40 legendary? Infusing doesn't actually change the level of the weapon to a level 40 legendary?

Also, can infusion be done multiple times, as long as you have the items to sac? Or is it once per item?

Thanks

Daemul

I ordered the scout, high impact pulse and shotgun, but I'm not actually sure I need them or whether I'll use them for long, especially the scout and pulse, since I'm very close to Gunsmith rank 3 and that means Ace of Spades will be soon coming my way.

So happy to get the Hawkmoon from the Deceptive engram. Did everyone get a missing exotic from that engram? It'll be interesting to see how smart loot drops are going to be in the TTK.

Love getting connection errors for the last 90 minutes. All I wanted to do all day was play. I haven't seen any of these in a long time so I guess I can't be too pissed. Very disappointing to come home to this though.

Sign out of psn then sign back in. I got cattle error a couple of times but doing that fixed it.

So happy to get the Hawkmoon from the Deceptive engram. Did everyone get a missing exotic from that engram? It'll be interesting to see how smart loot drops are going to be in the TTK.

A lot of people got something they didnt have. Its not 100% though. I got red death and i didnt have it.

Question about infusion. I understand the concept. You sacrifice a higher atk weapon / def armor to increase the atk / def on the item being infused.

How does that affect things like the level 36 legendary Apple of Discord you get as a story quest reward. Since it isn't a level 40 legendary, won't it, even if infused, still lag behind the dmg of a level 40 legendary? Infusing doesn't actually change the level of the weapon to a level 40 legendary?

Also, can infusion be done multiple times, as long as you have the items to sac? Or is it once per item?

Thanks
The 1-40 level numbers are absolutely meaningless. All they are for is determining if you can equip something or not.

You can infuse on the same gun to your hearts content.

Frenden

Banned
they're great in a party, but i probably don't want to do objectives with randoms unless the strike is easy.

I had a couple of cooperative, fun random strikes today. But I suspect that's because it's a relatively self-selecting group of harder core folks that manages to get to 260+ this early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom