• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
None at all, besides the way it sounds which I like. I'm also a bit of a weirdo and really like sidearms especially in crucible.
Oh I like them too. The Vestian is crazy good and now that there a ton in the wild, who knows.

I found my #1 vendor item to aim for at the moment, over at ol' Dead Orbit:
CPEsWxEWUAEtsLb.jpg:large
I'm not sure I have ever seen another FR besides the Praetorian Foil (which I STILL don't have) with native maxed impact. It has accelerated coils and the other new perk I like for multiple combatants, and a chance to regent health on kill. WANT

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally heroic strikes done.

Up for some stuff.

You posted that scout rifle and I just got the same thing. Too bad it's worse than my Suros Regime jr which I also got.

Frenden

Banned
Oh I like them too. The Vestian is crazy good and now that there a ton in the wild, who knows.

I found my #1 vendor item to aim for at the moment, over at ol' Dead Orbit:

I'm not sure I have ever seen another FR besides the Praetorian Foil (which I STILL don't have) with native maxed impact. It has accelerated coils and the other new perk I like for multiple combatants, and a chance to regent health on kill. WANT

It's on my list too. Check out the FWC hand cannon too.

I'm guessing you're a Warlock? If so, does it let you equip the weapon with other classes?

If not, I think Ace of Spades (the exotic Fatebringer clone) is a Hunter exclusive from the Gunsmith which is going to make some folks saaaaalty as fuck.

(Hunter master race here.)

I can confirm it is class specific! I can only equip it on my Warlock.

Finally feel like making some real progress. 270 light.

Also there's absolutely no way i will ever do all these things x3. There's just too much to do. No way.

grief

Well, after 4 phone calls to Gamestop, it looks like my collector's edition isn't shipping until tomorrow/coming until Friday night. If I knew it was going to take this long, I wouldn't have bothered with the physical LE.
Seeing as everyone is already going to have torn the raid apart by the time I get to 40, I'm not sure I even want to bother playing through the story 3x times plus a bunch of other exotic quest lines that people will have already finished.

Can someone convince me that everyone isn't going to be over this expansion super quickly like HoW? :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's impossible to get all characters to 290 for raid.

I'm up for some Taken war Mars or Taken Assault Venus. Also up to do NF but I'm at 274.

Is there a consensus for best new subclass?

I have played all three but am far from having them full upgraded. But initial impressions, based on a bit of playtime and just checking out the upgrade tree.

Sunbreaker: Amazing in PvP, feels so good to have a dominate Titan super in Crucible. A blast to play in PvE, usefulness in end game content (i.e. better than defender) remains to be seen.

Nightstalker: Wow, Hunter could not have asked for a better class. SOOOO good for PvE. And seems like a blast based on the upgrade tree. Good for crucible too. Love this subclass.

Stormcaller: Barely used it, and only really have the super and grenade unlocked. My initial impression was 'meh' the super was fun, but only useful against big groups of crap enemies. The melee and grenades were cool, not sure how 'good' they are though. Maybe once upgraded it will get better, but as of now I'd be shocked if it was better than Sunsinger for endgame. I'm sure it's good for Crucible, but so was Voidwalker.

Would like to hear your guys' opinions. Especially if you have the subclasses upgraded more!

This is my first dive into Destiny. Went all out and got TTK Legendary Edition(PS4).

Did my first strike I think it is called? Its a level 8 one and could finish it due to one of the people going afk constantly during it and the other person left after our third wipe. Either way I've been having a ton of fun with the game thusfar and I'm pretty glad I picked it up.

Decided I'm not gonna use my spark of light and just level the natural way.

Rehsa

Finally getting to sit down and play TTK after a longer than usual day, my copy was delivered early too. Sitting back with a can of Krunkin Pumpkin

COobg9sUwAIZy7i.jpg

My body is ready. Lets do it

Tone_Loc.jpg

Phew. At 286 now. Raid ready regardless of what happens between now and Friday.

Love the NM sniper and the crucible hand cannon. Got them both as random drops

Nightfall is an absolute blast this week. Glad we didn't try it last night. We were high enough today to handle it pretty easily.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
goddamn allllllllll the nightstalker perks are so tempting
Finally getting to sit down and play TTK after a longer than usual day, my copy was delivered early too. Sitting back with a can of Krunkin Pumpkin

COobg9sUwAIZy7i.jpg

My body is ready. Lets do it

Tone_Loc.jpg
yassss

maomaoIYP

So with the omolon test rifle.... how do you gather data for it? Says "Use against fallen captains" and killing them doesnt level it up
Don't use it against the fallen major on Venus. You need to kill the red bar versions. There are two at the forgotten shore on earth, at the radio transmitters.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does Normal and Heroic drop loot based on your light despite the difficulty between the two? If so wouldn't it be better to just farm on normal?

Wallach

Does Normal and Heroic drop loot based on your light despite the difficulty between the two? If so wouldn't it be better to just farm on normal?

They both do, yeah. Odds for getting legendary engrams seems better on heroic, though I still get a legendary quite frequently in the Vanguard playlist.

Anyone need to do the shield brothers part of the Chaperone quest? I'm 282 with a 300 shotgun. I'm thinking about just going for it.

Psn : Subtervotion

I need to grind out the last 80% of the shotgun part but then I'll be looking to do this sometime soon. Sadly I guess you need to do it 3 times to let everyone get the final shot on the bosses? Assuming you group up with a full team instead of risking it with randos.

can somebody give me a quick rundown on how people are getting to 260+ light the fastest? i'm just jumping in and it's hard to keep up with everything. i see that attack/defense values on legendary stuff varies. can you only get the highest value stuff from vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom