• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

goddamn the daily heroic came down to me with .01 hp spamming grenades in radiance with eleventy billion adds around me. It's like they made a mob with the health of 10 Valus Ta'aurcs and sat a bunch of infinitely spawning, titan bubble spamming snipers on top of him. Got a legendary chest engram though.

I need to grind out the last 80% of the shotgun part but then I'll be looking to do this sometime soon. Sadly I guess you need to do it 3 times to let everyone get the final shot on the bosses? Assuming you group up with a full team instead of risking it with randos.

There's a special strike, just like Thorn had. I assume no matchmaking. But hit me up when you want to. Psn : Subtervotion

Edit: I also assume it's like Thorn in that everyone gets credit.

maomaoIYP

can somebody give me a quick rundown on how people are getting to 260+ light the fastest? i'm just jumping in and it's hard to keep up with everything. i see that attack/defense values on legendary stuff varies. can you only get the highest value stuff from vendors?
By playing a lot. You won't be relying on vendors much, but rather RNG drops.

Did nightfall with the crew. Buddy of mine gets Hereafter, one gets 11 Strange coins and I'm left with a five stack of Three of Coins. Where exactly am I supposed to use this? Next weeks nightfall?

but how do you get the highest attack/defense values on the legendary stuff?

You get more value by having value. I learned that you decrypt engrams one by one. If it's a higher value, equip it. The table sees a higher light and will decrypt at a higher value. Same for legendaries.

Anybody who has gotten the Exotic scout at the end of the Petra/Variks quests: I finished all the Taken War quests and the Variks quest but I can't receive the last "Lost and Found" quest from Petra. It won't show up anywhere, I'm apparently stuck. Are there any other requirements? Argghhh....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CPE2tuIXAAArO8O.jpg:large
:D

Bungie y u love me so much

You get better drops as your light improves. So basically: get drops to get better drops.

any idea if the values of faction rewards are determined when you earn them or when you open them? i have a bunch of factions rewards waiting across all 3 characters. if they're guranteed to be lower value stuff i'd open them now, but it would be nice if i can wait until later and get better stuff.

So I just did the Petra wars quest, the part on Mars but I did not get an exotic scout. Matter of fact, I didn't get anything...

Correction...didn't go get the best step on earth.

BraXzy

:D

Bungie y u love me so much

Screw you! My highest damage wep so far is like 248 haha. I did a crap tonne of quests today. A lot of them ended up not really giving much in the way of rewards but were still fun. I've managed to peak 240 light level so I can at least do some stuff, I just wish Legendary engrams would turn into a 280 stat piece because they're so damn rare and I've only had a couple, both pieces have now been replaced by better blues D:

Obscured

Still making my way through everything with my first character, but so far the Taken king has delivered. I'd be pissed if I stayed with vanilla, because it feels like a hard sell if you don't keep up with the expansions, but maybe that isn't that many people.

I'd still like matchmaking as an option for the story missions, these are ones I'm more likely to return to, but I'm having a hard time getting a fireteam for these now, much less as time goes on.

More story is nice as well, but still a bit disjointed.

I know these sound like gripes, but really enjoying everything so far. I'm trying to savor it instead of just trying to get the grind done with.

Had a heavy engram turn into a year 2 thunderlord. I haven't been that excited for a drop in a really long time. To go from a useless rocket launcher to thunderlord made a huge difference.

any idea if the values of faction rewards are determined when you earn them or when you open them? i have a bunch of factions rewards waiting across all 3 characters. if they're guranteed to be lower value stuff i'd open them now, but it would be nice if i can wait until later and get better stuff.

Um....faction stuff is overridden by each new gain. There are no more packages in the vault. You should be picking them up as soon as you level, or its lost

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Screw you! My highest damage wep so far is like 248 haha. I did a crap tonne of quests today. A lot of them ended up not really giving much in the way of rewards but were still fun. I've managed to peak 240 light level so I can at least do some stuff, I just wish Legendary engrams would turn into a 280 stat piece because they're so damn rare and I've only had a couple, both pieces have now been replaced by better blues D:

Sorry to be clear I don't own that gun. I'm merely referring to its name. One day it shall be mine of course.

I'm light level 169! Aw yeah!

traveler

Not Wario
Anyone down for nightfall on PSN? At 278 light lvl and I think this is the best way to progress at this point.

Waiting on the (hopefully?) inevitable Titan exotic that lets us apply Melting Point with our ult. You're asking to die in so many of these boss fights if you actually try to put it on the boss and melting point for 2/3 team members isn't as good as 3/3 team members without melting point.

Um....faction stuff is overridden by each new gain. There are no more packages in the vault. You should be picking them up as soon as you level, or its lost

i don't understand what you're saying. i was just asking if the attack/defense values on reward packages are determined on when they're earned or when they're opened.

i don't understand what you're saying. i was just asking if the attack/defense values on reward packages are determined on when they're earned or when they're opened.

I don't think anyone waits was the main point of what I was saying. Since saving your faction reward could make you end up losing out on 1 if you go up 2 levels. Engrams decrypt to your light value when opened.

Frostburn

Gunsmith Rank 3.

I got a quest for using scout rifles with a telemtry. Then dismantle legendary and rare scout rifles. I got this.

CPEr1shUwAAQicT.jpg

I got a quest at Rank 2 for Fusion rifles that ended with a 280 attack solar fusion rifle (Legendary) with the Warlock symbol on the side and it's last perk makes it take the element I last killed an enemy with so it will change between all 3 based on what Subclass I am.

j-wood

So I was on the dreadnaught and collecting worm spores. I apparently randomly completed a bounty? It was a bounty I didn't have, but it showed up and was labeled as a quest step I'm the bounty section. The next step was called void master, where I had to get 30 void kills. Seems to give crotas bane rep.

What's this from? Am I bugged?

I got a quest at Rank 2 for Fusion rifles that ended with a 280 attack solar fusion rifle (Legendary) with the Warlock symbol on the side and it's last perk makes it take the element I last killed an enemy with so it will change between all 3 based on what Subclass I am.

Yup! Got that at Rank 2 as well! Love that fusion rifle!

Trace

Banned
Anybody who has gotten the Exotic scout at the end of the Petra/Variks quests: I finished all the Taken War quests and the Variks quest but I can't receive the last "Lost and Found" quest from Petra. It won't show up anywhere, I'm apparently stuck. Are there any other requirements? Argghhh....

Uhh, did you do some Court of Oryx? I know I had to do one of those.

Mupod

pretty lame that because I didn't have the nightfall buff on for one of the gunsmith weapons last week I apparently can't get rank 2 this week.

BraXzy

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I'll say it now just in case...

YOUR LIGHT LEVEL AFFECTS YOUR DROPS. If your light level is 210 chances are a drop/enfram will be in the 210-220 region.

Every time you exchange an enfram, check it isn't better than the currently equipped thing. If it is, swap it out before your next enfram for better chance at loot.

One last note, DON'T WASTE L MARKS ON LEGENDARY ENGRAMS if below 280 light level, pretty sure Rahool will screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom