• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of post-story quests in order of difficulty? I'm currently at 250 light and although grinding strikes is still fun I'm looking for a few quests to start to break up the routine.

FyreWulff

How are people with mostly blues at a higher light level than me?

"rarity" is more how many perks the gun/armor has than it's max attack now

So some blues have higher light than purples, but the purples have more perks, and you can infuse those rares into the purple to increase it's light

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Once you get to the point where you can chain heroic strikes you'll backflip into the 280 range

pretty much. I jumped about 40 points or so today just through getting over my purple > blue mindset and learning to turn in engrams one piece at a time, always equipping to highest level before turning in more.

Another thing is infusing. Its really poorly explained, but learning when TO and when NOT TO infuse is a good way to manage legendary marks.

I really don't have an issue with marks so far. Already bought a year 2 armor. Got me over a significant hump. Never got a ghost either, but I might tomorrow.

ocean

Banned
Vault of Glass and Scrota were both 'overkill' at release though.

Templar was pounding people into the dirt and Deathsinger was legit offended that people considered her to be a miniboss at first.

I think the community as a whole has a short memory on how new raids typically go lol
Biggest issue with CE was you literally can't do it if the Swordbearer isn't 31+.

But we were able to prepare for TDB. Few did, but you could have spent 150 Vanguard Marks on Boots+Gauntlets + 195 Crucible Marks and 2 Commendations (edged Crucible and Faction) on Helm and Chest.

5 minutes in the tower, and with enough preparation you're Raid-geared boom.

HoW was even worse: ascend Exotic, run PoE 32, boom you're 33 with the Armor Core. Now do PoE 34, give your alt the Etheric Light. Alt ascends Exotic, uses Etheric, he's 33. Runs PoE 32, gives Armor Core to Third. Runs 34, gives Etheric to main. Alt2 ascends Exotic, uses Armor Core. Now he's 33; runs 34, gives Main the Etheric.

You get the point. We had 3 max level characters in a day or two and felt done :p

This time around progression is very involved and our starting point was super far away. We're part of the hardcore bubble that grinds stuff hours a day. Average players will probably take weeks to be raid ready. But they'll become ready even if they're not aiming for it. Just playing the game, doomed quests using their best drops (which is a natural thing to do) will take them to high levels before they know it.

And that's a great thing :) but despite our best efforts, I have a feeling Oryx is gonna whoop some 280 ass this weekend. It's probably gonna be the "this is possible but not ideal" Light range.

What? Da faq blues.

Blues seem to go up to 300. Found a few 295 heavys that I used to upgrade my sword and the one rocket launcher with tracking I found. Both are in the 290s now.

The only downside about infusing which only pertains to armour; a low light legendary will have a lower stat cap than a high light armour that naturally rolled with a high light level

ocean

Banned
i'm light level 250.

need to get 40 points tomorrow.

this...this is not possible.
Dat helm

You have 1 mission Twilight, 1 alone. Find a damn blue helm :p that alone will take you to 260, at which point you can play Heroic Strikes for great chances at purple/numerous blue drops. This, coupled with quests, should have you going up in time.

The rest of your gear is in a good spot right now. But dat helm.

Vault of Glass and Scrota were both 'overkill' at release though.

Templar was pounding people into the dirt and Deathsinger was legit offended that people considered her to be a miniboss at first.

I think the community as a whole has a short memory on how new raids typically go lol

I guess, I'm just hoping Bungie learned from their mistakes. :lol

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Been doing the various quests and trying to get to 280 (currently at 255) and I must say I've been having a blast!

In my opinion this DLC has been worth waiting for and is a great entry for year two. Looking forward to the raid although I think I will have a try at it later rather than sooner. Haven't come across any exotics yet, although that should hopefully change when I do the nightfall.

Just a question, what weapon are you all ordering for arms day next week?

Did anyone have any trouble finding someone for the timed S.A.B.E.R quest?

Klyka

Banned
Blues seem to go up to 300. Found a few 295 heavys that I used to upgrade my sword and the one rocket launcher with tracking I found. Both are in the 290s now.

The only downside about infusing which only pertains to armour; a low light legendary will have a lower stat cap than a high light armour that naturally rolled with a high light level

Is this fact? cause that is extremely sad. I thought infusion was literally "yo,this item is this level of light now"

Tovarisc

did you get a Petra quest relating to the dreadnought ?

I never did but the thread on reddit I saw says that's the last part

Nope, hmm... I wonder what triggers it then. Did everything else Queen's Wrath already. Well time to clear metric ton of other quests and see if some are chained into Queen's stuff.

Raybunny

What is the exotic weapon for Titan when you unlock the rank 3? Or its not really tied to the class?

Edit either way to do list for today:

Dailies
4 strikes
Finish faction quest
1 Tier 3 Court of Orix for the lulz
Finish Petra quest for the Exotic scout riffle
Reach rank 3 gunsmith to get the exotic weapon

Ocean ma man! What light level are you? lets do this!

Nope, hmm... I wonder what triggers it then. Did everything else Queen's Wrath already. Well time to clear metric ton of other quests and see if some are chained into Queen's stuff.

I was wondering if queens wrath rank had anything to do with it

I have rank 4 currently

Klyka

Banned
So my friend used a Red Bull code which a GAFfer graciously gave us a couple days ago.
The Red Bull website said "yo code accepted, all good brah!" but he never got anything from it. No focused light and now no Holliday quest.

Anyone know what could be up?

Raybunny

i'm light level 250.

need to get 40 points tomorrow.

this...this is not possible.

It is soooo possible if you have a few hours!

Go to court of Orix > farm the tier 1 and tier 2 > equip the new items each time you get a better one > Go to tower and decrypt each engram at a time > equip the new gear from the engram if its better and you will be 290 in a blink of an eye.

Side questing: Finish the Petra quest for a 290 exotic and do the dailies

So my friend used a Red Bull code which a GAFfer graciously gave us a couple days ago.
The Red Bull website said "yo code accepted, all good brah!" but he never got anything from it. No focused light and now no Holliday quest.

Anyone know what could be up?

they're broken, i've had 3 given to me which have not come though

It is soooo possible if you have a few hours!

Go to court of Orix > farm the tier 1 and tier 2 > equip the new items each time you get a better one > Go to tower and decrypt each engram at a time > equip the new gear from the engram if its better and you will be 290 in a blink of an eye.

Side questing: Finish the Petra quest for a 290 exotic and do the dailies

what do you mean by tier 2 court of oryx

I put a rune in one of the slots and fought a boss but didn't get anything I'm so lost help

Dat helm

You have 1 mission Twilight, 1 alone. Find a damn blue helm :p that alone will take you to 260, at which point you can play Heroic Strikes for great chances at purple/numerous blue drops. This, coupled with quests, should have you going up in time.

The rest of your gear is in a good spot right now. But dat helm.

i have blue helmets but they are ugly. i want the vanguard one or legndary of my urrent one

Just went from 259 to 267 in ten mins, I get this system now, basically you have to do whatever you can to increase your light level little by little. What pushed me up to the next tier was the second level rune of court of oryx, then all my subsequent engrams became better and better. The only problem is relying on RNG or figuring out a way to boost your light a bit to get better drops.

FyreWulff

also vault of glass mission

Anyone else feel there's going to be later story where we go save Praedyth by going back in time and pulling him into the present? The transmissions made it feel like he's dead -now- but he's still saveable... or maybe I'm just in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom