• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

Just wondering if anyone got to light 300? My lock sits at 295, titan at 282 but i have to move the weapons and ghost between them. Starting to run out of vault space as i don't want to dismantle any of the raid gear and stuff.
Have completed the quest line that grants you access to the raid and the nf on my lock, or at least thats what it was for, but i only did 2 story quests and a nf on my titan, long way to go but i hope to do 2 x raids over the weekend.

Always wear best light possible. The light of new drops is based off your current light level. I've seen people wearing 299 blues! Also turn in engrams one at a time, if you get something with higher light equip it and turn in next engram.

I've been doing this and infusing whenever I can, bought a year 2 armor exotic etc... Played like 4 hours tonight and made zero progress it feels like. Court of oryx get lots of engrams but none are great, they're not really infuse able. I don't even care what stuff works for classes or if I hate the gun, I'm using highest light possible gear

Nuszka

Thought we could run the NF 3 times instead if once per character? The rewards section has disappeared.

Anyone?

Yup it is once a guardian , the weekly though you can do 3 at the same one. Did 2x nf so far and had peeps running it again as i was, you still get the drops from the boss but not in the post game summary.

Akai XIII

Yup it is once a guardian , the weekly though you can do 3 at the same one. Did 2x nf so far and had peeps running it again as i was, you still get the drops from the boss but not in the post game summary.
Hmm, not sure I can face the grind to get another character up to that level yet. Will definitely be my Titan though.

Bradach

Here are some thoughts. Taking it very slow, just hit 200 light and done a few story missions with a distraction here and there.

The single most overarching feeling is one of having a massive amount to do at any given moment. [snip]

Great post. It echos a lot of my thoughts on it so far.

I haven't been this excited to play any game in months.

Hmm... this gun seems kind of familiar...

Did it come with Firefly or did you re-roll it? Is it as fun to use as FB?

123rl

I just got a new sniper rife. I say "new" but I've three of the same gun in two days, each time with the new gun having better perks. This newest one is at 289 (hooray). It's got Firefly AND Exploding Rounds. This is going to be amazing!!

Trance and Homeboyd carried me through a Nightfall and I got an Antiquated Rune. The recommended light level is 300. Anyone know what it'll do?

Nuszka

Hmm, not sure I can face the grind to get another character up to that level yet. Will definitely be my Titan though.

Read my previous posts , if you have bounties and public events stacked, rep edged with a little bit of luck and legendary marks you will get your second class ready. Transferred weapons from my warlock which was essential as well.
Without a joke it took my titan to get to 270 within 15 minutes of starting the initial quest , then i did the nf got some nice rare drops , infused some stuff and hit to 282 - thats 1.5 hours of gameplay with my titan. People on my party chat could not believe it.

I have no idea how I am going to find time to do all these quests again on my alts. Only able to play this much now due to being on annual leave. Might be a case of earning marks on my Titan and just buying the 280 pieces over a few weeks on the alts. Though my ocd will hate all those quest markers every time I go to the tower.

FyreWulff

I have no idea how I am going to find time to do all these quests again on my alts. Only able to play this much now due to being on annual leave. Might be a case of earning marks on my Titan and just buying the 280 pieces over a few weeks on the alts. Though my ocd will hate all those quest markers every time I go to the tower.

You can infuse other class armor onto your alts, so your Titan can feed infusions to them

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did you rike it?

o-oh...ok then..... :(

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

TTK is the hot stuff right now, but would anyone be interested in doing PoE 32?
I'm missing my Qodron kill/grimoire, would like to get that done before next Tuesday.

Last night was my first time playing in about 10 months. The new quest and bounty system is a real improvement. Did they patch in a way to read the grimoire cards without going to bungie.net?

Should I use the level 25 boost on my level 21 character or should I save it for another character? How do I start the Taken King missions?

The games (finally) starting to make sense after a few days, Im at 257 light with decent weapons and have two more vanguard strikes to finish that quest then the weekly should be doable

A couple of negatives as ever progression isn't explained very well for a newbie. Quests, theres too many, which ones are actually part of progression, which ones are going to be a timesink and give me an item thats next to useless?

Quests again, the nature of it all being questified makes it difficult to group up as everyones at a different stage (I've done 90% of the game solo so far)

I haven even touched the court of oryx but again, thats not explained (or does yet another quest pop for that)

Marks, whilst the grind will be real after we've completed the first weeks quests, they're not really an issue unless you want to make a specific build

Chest farming, again?

Biggest take out or tldr is buy a 280 ghost straight away and always have your highest light equipped when decrypting engrams

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah I've been wondering if the 290 goal people are setting themselves is like VoG at 26 (doable but lol you gonna be here for a while)

That's honestly absolutely what I expect.

I remember what those minotaurs did to me at level 26.

naw breh

noomi

Wooo!

Petra had the last quest for the exotic scout this morning. Guess you just had to wait one day after completing Petra Wars and Wolves questlines.

I just got a new sniper rife. I say "new" but I've three of the same gun in two days, each time with the new gun having better perks. This newest one is at 289 (hooray). It's got Firefly AND Exploding Rounds. This is going to be amazing!!

Trance and Homeboyd carried me through a Nightfall and I got an Antiquated Rune. The recommended light level is 300. Anyone know what it'll do?

Antiquated Rune spoilers:
It activates the Tier 3 Court of Oryx event, the highest level challenge. The enemies are all Light 300 but it's doable in the 290 or even 280 range, if there's a big group.

I completed it twice yesterday: first time when there were 6 total Guardians there with a max of 280-290 Light and several much lower (3 in my fireteam, 3 rando's). The second time was done with our fire team (two guys above 291 Light and one guy around 279) plus one rando. Definitely challenging and requires some quality weapons.

doing daily story on my titan, 2 spots if anyone wants to join up

Ooh I will one sec.

Downloading on XB1 now. I didn't even leave Earth back when I got my PS4 Glacier White Destiny bundle shortly after the release.

Will be playing with a friend this time, and hopefully meet some of you here on DGAF!

Bradach

Good Morning DGAF!

New Loadouts for Destiny update for iOS today.

its a very good update :)

It looks brilliant now. Bungie should just buy the app off that man and fully integrate it into their official one. Its ten times better than theirs at inventory management.

Making some progress now. Got to 260+ and was able to run some Heroic strikes. So lots of great legendaries including a handcannon with max stability and close to max impact. Now to buy a 280 ghost. That should give me a nice boost.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm expecting it to be 280 light, imo. 300 seems a bit overkill, especially for the first week.

Hard mode will be 300, no question.

Vault of Glass and Scrota were both 'overkill' at release though.

Templar was pounding people into the dirt and Deathsinger was legit offended that people considered her to be a miniboss at first.

I think the community as a whole has a short memory on how new raids typically go lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom