• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

I wonder why people rage quit into orbit moment Shield Brothers load up in playlist, it's super easy strike and boss even on Heroic if player has hands and even remotely knows how encounter goes.

Also raid requiring 290 light most likely means no raid for me this week :( I can land ~290, maybe even 290+, before raid opens, but most of the people I was supposed to run with are no where near 290. Sucks.

best way to get sword kills is to sneak up on the enemy. if they see you coming you're fucked.

i use vanish in smoke and come from above. nothing they can do once you get close.

gonna try to get used to sliding into a sword kill

Klyka

Banned
I don't know what to do with these 155 marks.

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

ocean

Banned
Can someone join me for 10m to clear this Outbkund Signal mission? I did it yesterday I'm 100% sure but stil marks incomplete in quests, and it's annoying as hell to do alone.

Should be quick! A_javierp on PSN

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Any tips for sword kills in pvp?

Also whats the attack value on the exotic sword?

best way to get sword kills is to sneak up on the enemy. if they see you coming you're fucked.

i use vanish in smoke and come from above. nothing they can do once you get close.

gonna try to get used to sliding into a sword kill

this and block

most people will instinctively treat you like a bladedancer. fuck them up by blocking their panic rounds, waiting til they come off their jump/lift then kill them.

also - you can kill things with the hilt when you have no ammo lol

Admodieus

I just love the strikes and missions in Taken King. And I don't think it's just the "fresh content" feeling - the Dark Below and House of Wolves strikes didn't really feel this good. It's the new mechanics and encounter designs that are really making each run through feel unique.

First time I saw
the shrieker room
in that one strike on the Dreadnought I laughed out loud

Raybunny

what do you mean by tier 2 court of oryx

I put a rune in one of the slots and fought a boss but didn't get anything I'm so lost help

The mechanics in the court of orix are easy to understand. First, you get runes randomly by killing stuff in the "Dredboat", leveing Eris Morn rank or buy the first 2 tiers with her.

Tier 1 - Light 190 - Reciprocal Rune
Tier 2 - Light 240 - Stolen Rune
Tier 3 - Light Unknown - Antiquated Rune

Tier 1 summons 1 type of boss fight
Tier 2 summons 2 types of tier 1 boss fights
Tier 3 I tried a few times did summon only one type of fight: One wizard + tons of mobs and acolyte eyes etc.

The Tier 2 and Tier 3 runes must be charged before use. You charge the Tier 2 rune by completing 3 Tier 1 fights. And you charge the Tier 3 runes by completing tier 2 fights.

If you are the one that activates the rune in the end of each encounter you will get loot out of a chest. Tier one rewards most of the time 1 drop and Tier 2 most of the time 3 drops. Since its rng based you can get more or less taking into consideration engrams dropped in the middle of the fight by mobs. I know the Tier 3 can reward a legendary item since the activator got one yesterday.

I think that's about it. Surely there are in depth guides in the interwebs. Might be good to take a look since I suck at explaining stuff.

Raybunny

Quest....... lots of quests.

Petra War, then Wolves quest line from Variks, wait 24 hours... then another Dreadnaught quest from Petra.

How far is it from the Wolves on Mars quest ( Thin the Pack : Kill Fallen pirates across the system) from Variks?

I finished the Petra quests already only variks left now.

noomi

Is the exotic sword 300 attack value? I MUST KNOW!

How far is it from the Wolves on Mars quest ( Thin the Pack : Kill Fallen pirates across the system) from Variks?

I finished the Petra quests already only variks left now.

The variks one was 9 steps I believe, after that I had to wait until 5AM reset today, and Petra gave me the finale quest to go to the dreadnaught and kill a bunch of stuff. Tooks 15 minutes to complete.

Raybunny

I wanted to, but the one I have is light level 275.... worth it for 5 extra points? Hmmm...

I would say no. But you can always get the legend one and use it as a base for future infusions.

The variks one was 9 steps I believe, after that I had to wait until 5AM reset today, and Petra gave me the finale quest to go to the dreadnaught and kill a bunch of stuff. Tooks 15 minutes to complete.

Cheers, I am just on that step 1. Happy to have things to do ingame now.

Tecnniqe

Banned

290 i assume, since that seems to be every exotic ever.

noomi

Gunsmith nearly rank 3 :D I want that ace of spades!

I would say no. But you can always get the legend one and use it as a base for future infusions.

Cheers, I am just on that step 1. Happy to have things to do ingame now.

So much to do, it a bit overwhelming at the moment haha.

290 i assume, since that seems to be every exotic ever.

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks :)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My friends couldn't get this exotic because they weren't level 3 with the Queen. That's BS!

Really bad luck with horrible drops. Hope I can get to 290 :(

CPGb_JSUkAIdQnW.jpg

Raybunny

Totally agree. This grind seems more rewarding than year 1.

I don't even see it as a grind ( so far) The mechanics are fun to experience. I see it as playing the game. Even after dozens of CoO. I get exited each time I see Volrog.
Volrog is synonym of Punch Hammer Sword

THE CHAPERONE GET!

on Tuesday

How was your pvp progression count? Mine is stuck at 23% even though I have sometimes 2+ K/D in crucible. Looks like you loose much more than you win.

The mechanics in the court of orix are easy to understand. First, you get runes randomly by killing stuff in the "Dredboat", leveing Eris Morn rank or buy the first 2 tiers with her.

Tier 1 - Light 190 - Reciprocal Rune
Tier 2 - Light 240 - Stolen Rune
Tier 3 - Light Unknown - Antiquated Rune

Tier 1 summons 1 type of boss fight
Tier 2 summons 2 types of tier 1 boss fights
Tier 3 I tried a few times did summon only one type of fight: One wizard + tons of mobs and acolyte eyes etc.

The Tier 2 and Tier 3 runes must be charged before use. You charge the Tier 2 rune by completing 3 Tier 1 fights. And you charge the Tier 3 runes by completing tier 2 fights.

If you are the one that activates the rune in the end of each encounter you will get loot out of a chest. Tier one rewards most of the time 1 drop and Tier 2 most of the time 3 drops. Since its rng based you can get more or less taking into consideration engrams dropped in the middle of the fight by mobs. I know the Tier 3 can reward a legendary item since the activator got one yesterday.

I think that's about it. Surely there are in depth guides in the interwebs. Might be good to take a look since I suck at explaining stuff.

thanks for the info

you did fine explaining but it still seems a little convoluted

how would you ever figure this stuff out without a guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom