• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gammacide

Is Rocketyard bugged because once again it is empty of guardians except for me. Trying to finish this last Taken Champions mission is so frustrating.

Tovarisc

How was your pvp progression count? Mine is stuck at 23% even though I have sometimes 2+ K/D in crucible. Looks like you loose much more than you win.

KDR is slightly bad counter for it as one kill is 1 point and one death is -2 points, afaik. Headshot kill is 2 points. Even with good KDR it may be +- 0 at the end.

Thanks. And you figure this out by doing one amazing thing. Playing the game. :)

I've spent like 20 hours playing the game over the last couple days and theres no explanation as to how the court of oryx works

i can only imagine how confused casual players are going to be regarding the light level

Raybunny

I've spent like 20 hours playing the game over the last couple days and theres no explanation as to how the court of oryx works

i can only imagine how confused casual players are going to be regarding the light level

The new leveling system involves some ingenuity to understand but nothing no one can't decipher.

KDR is slightly bad counter for it as one kill is 1 point and one death is -2 points, afaik. Headshot kill is 2 points. Even with good KDR it may be +- 0 at the end.

It's all about them kill streaks.

Makes sense now. So better you perform more you earn. Now that I understand I am starting to like this quest. I need to do salvage then.

Simonnnnn

Makes sense now. So better you perform more you earn. Now that I understand I am starting to like this quest. I need to do salvage then.

I tried all the 3v3 games and playlists and had no luck. Found that staying in tight corridors and away from corners with a friend helping had the best outcome for me. Got it done in about 5 or 6 games.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My friends couldn't get this exotic because they weren't level 3 with the Queen. That's BS!

Really bad luck with horrible drops. Hope I can get to 290 :(

CPGb_JSUkAIdQnW.jpg

So what you are saying dont finish the mission before you hit level 3 with queenlady?

Namikaze1

Guys, Queen's rank does not affect chances of getting Boolean Gemini. Folks over on reddit have been getting it with a rank as low as 1.

Mupod

thanks for the info

you did fine explaining but it still seems a little convoluted

how would you ever figure this stuff out without a guide?

The rune stuff is pretty straightforward. Similar systems have been used in other MMOs for years, WoW for example did this exact same thing in Silithus many years ago.

As for everything else about the Dreadnaught it seems to be designed to be played with a wiki open. I've only managed to unlock one chest so far, and it didn't even do anything. If it was even a chest. Of course it consumed the rune anyways...

broony

What is the daily PVP mission and how do you pick it up? II understand it gives you marks, which I need, but I don't know what I have to do to achieve it.

Jinjo

After you fully upgrade the nightstalker sublcass, it is honestly better than everything else.

3x Shadowshot + Vanish in smoke + side step <3

I'm a huge fan of the distributed damage and extra orb generation for PvE myself. Allthough that triple bow shot is cool as fuck.

Klyka

Banned
What is the daily PVP mission and how do you pick it up? II understand it gives you marks, which I need, but I don't know what I have to do to achieve it.

Are you lvl 40?
Have you beaten the story?

The daily mission both PvE and PvP can be found in the bottom left corner of the director.

Namikaze1

I am ready for the raid (on my Titan)

CPGizWJXAAALs8T.jpg:orig

Got my new Boolean Gemini to 297. I wish I had gotten blue gloves in the 290s to infuse my legendary gloves past the 286 it's been stuck on. Only things in the 280s are the Ghost and gloves. Everything else is in the 290s.

finally done the first part of the chaperone, but im not rushing since i would not be able to finish it alone and my friends still 240+/- of light =/

noomi

I am ready for the raid (on my Titan)

CPGizWJXAAALs8T.jpg:orig

Got my new Boolean Gemini to 297. I wish I had gotten blue gloves in the 290s to infuse my legendary gloves past the 286 it's been stuck on. Only things in the 280s are the Ghost and gloves. Everything else is in the 290s.

Congrats!

What did you have to infuse to get the Gemini to 297?

I have an auto rifle @ 296, I'm curious if I infuse the scout with it if it will put me to 296 on the scout....

This Last Word Crucible shit... went up to 11% on my first match. Back to 0% on my second. Gonna rage.

try to walk along the other team mates, when the firefight starts try to play safe and walk back, i was able to did it in 4 matches changing all my gameplay style. im more used to going full blazing guns.

Namikaze1

Congrats!

What did you have to infuse to get the Gemini to 297?

I have an auto rifle @ 296, I'm curious if I infuse the scout with it if it will put me to 296 on the scout....
A primary weapon. It can be any new TTK primary weapon with better stats. Had two rare Handcannons above 290 (293 and 299). Fed it the 299 Handcannon.

Is there any way to target/farm artefacts? Mine is really holding me back right now.

Also. It feels wrong being 278 light wearing mostly blues lol. I'm focusing on infusing weapons over armour at the moment.

Requiem

So I got my first taken king exotic yesterday Hawkmoon YAY!!

Question though, when I first started using it, the clip was 11 rounds and after power leveling with motes it's now at 13, is this a bug??

noomi

So I got my first taken king exotic yesterday Hawkmoon YAY!!

Question though, when I first started using it, the clip was 11 rounds and after power leveling with motes it's now at 13, is this a bug??

Not a bug, it's one of the perks on the gun you unlocked by leveling it.

Gives 2 extra bullets.

I'm currently sitting at 240. Is the best way to level up just continue doing quests?

Story missions, Quests, Strikes/Heroic Strikes & Court of Oryx

Howww do you get a ghost above 190?

Buy from vanguard/crucible vendor... or RNG

I'm currently sitting at 240. Is the best way to level up just continue doing quests?

Yes. Just work through all the content(there is ALOT) and you will gradually keep progressing. Make sure when you decrypt engrams that you wear your highest gear you have. I have been decrypting an engram, checking it and equipping if higher then decrypt the next one and repeat.

Court of oryx gives a tonne of blue gear even for the tier 1 which are extremely easy but still fun.

Strikes give good amount of engrams, even the 36 ones.

Edit: also there a rather long quest chain that starts from the queen at the reef. Eventually you will hand in what looks like the final quest and get a legendary class item. When the next reset happens you'll get another quest from the queen and this rewards a 290 exotic scout rifle.

Klyka

Banned

Yes. You really just gotta play the game, engrams that drop will slowly level you up more and more. Doing quests will also give you legendary marks which you can use to maybe buy a better cost to further increase your light level.

I have also gotten huge upgrades from vanguard/crucible/faction packs.

Lnkn52

Quests and Vanguard strikes consecutively. And when turning in Engrams make sure to have your highest light level gear on and only turn in those Engrams of gear that you have the lowest level on.

Save those other Engrams when your light level increases.

Bought a 280 chest that reduces incoming arc damage. Then went and did a few bounties to finish levelling the vanguard again and I got the same chest except solar reduction. Awesome. Now I just need void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom