• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinp

Banned
Paradox was both incredibly exciting and nerve wrackingly frustrating/tough.

I feel like I've been through a war and am forever broken.

And I think I want more.

noomi

282 +296 = 292
That is what I got with my helmet.

So....

290 + 296 = approx 294ish

3hrs... OMG.

Sooo much to do - so little time.

Guess I wont be raid ready for 3 weeks or so.

Could have been even longer honestly.... I lost track of time yesterday.

The reason is takes so long because you have to wait for these "public events' to spawn for nearly the entire quest line.

X-Frame

Just realized that I've been an idiot with infusing my current Legendary gear with higher level blues.

Instead, I should be just equipping the higher level blues and sharing the Legendary gear for marks. Before, I was infusing which is costing me marks but then I'm hitting the same Light level as the blues anyway, if not even less. Stupid stupid stupid.

Definity

Petra gave me another quest to kill stuff on the dreadnauhgt. Is that the last step before the exotic reward?

Up to 140 marks. What to buy?

X-Frame

Cool, depending on how long this takes I'll be on as I get home, in aboot ~1 hours time.

Anyone else for Court farmin?

I'm in, I've only done it once but I got the quest and hear it has good rewards. Currently 257 Light if that matters though.

PSN X-Frame

noomi

Petra gave me another quest to kill stuff on the dreadnauhgt. Is that the last step before the exotic reward?

Yup!

Do the court of oryx while your doing the dreadnaught quests, will go much faster, and auto complete the next step for you ;)

Lnkn52

Just realized that I've been an idiot with infusing my current Legendary gear with higher level blues.

Instead, I should be just equipping the higher level blues and sharing the Legendary gear for marks. Before, I was infusing which is costing me marks but then I'm hitting the same Light level as the blues anyway, if not even less. Stupid stupid stupid.
You should really be infusing legendary gear that you feel have great perks. Just because it's legendary doesn't mean it deserves to be infused.

No. Then I got another step which just involved doing a court of oryx. I did tier 1 and got the item I needed. Handed that in and got th scout.

KxoZz

try to walk along the other team mates, when the firefight starts try to play safe and walk back, i was able to did it in 4 matches changing all my gameplay style. im more used to going full blazing guns.

Jup, staying back is helping. Playing like an asshole who sits and waits behind corners with a shotgun. Feels bad, but I need this done lol.

Hm.
What is the main source of faction rep now?
Bounties give me like 15 rep. It will take forever to rank up this way. Or am I supposed to just convert motes and mats?

DRIZZAY YOU HAVE HOPE!

PSA: Exotic scout rifle Boolean Demise is glitchy and the required quest may not appear right away once you've finished the preceding Petra and Variks quests. It will show up eventually. It does not matter what your Queen reputation rank is, as Nami said.

HAasO8I.jpg

THE CHAPERONE GET!

on Tuesday

What were the requirements for the final step? Did you actually have to deal the killing blows w a shotgun or just do some damage with a shotty? That step is all I have left.

X-Frame

You should really be infusing legendary gear that you feel have great perks. Just because it's legendary doesn't mean it deserves to be infused.

True true, I have been doing that so I suppose I'm going to be better off in the long run as opposed to a race to the highest light possible. All my current Titan gear is Intellect/Disc which is perfect for right now (until Strength becomes important).

Klyka

Banned
Hm.
What is the main source of faction rep now?
Bounties give me like 15 rep. It will take forever to rank up this way. Or am I supposed to just convert motes and mats?

The game shits motes at you and 5 motes give 100 rep. More rep if you wear the faction class item.

PSA: Exotic scout rifle Boolean Demise is glitchy and the required quest may not appear right away once you've finished the preceding Petra and Variks quests. It will show up eventually. It does not matter what your Queen reputation rank is, as Nami said.

HAasO8I.jpg

What were the requirements for the final step? Did you actually have to deal the killing blows w a shotgun or just do some damage with a shotty? That step is all I have left.

Not sure if you have to deal the killing blows. I was the only one at that point in the quest in my group so I downed both of them.

RemiLP

Impressed with the storry missions so far.

Good fun. Escape missions, sneak mission and had to use an artifact. So much better than the same old "protect" dinklebot missions.

Still think they could do a better job of including the awesome grimoire storry in to the game storry. But im not finished yet, so holding off my final verdict for now ;)

Yesssssssss!!!!

Petra had the Lost and Found mission for me this morning!!

Yayayayaya

Was so worried since nothing popped up from finishing both the Petra and Varicks quests.

Klyka

Banned
Impressed with the storry missions so far.

Good fun. Escape missions, sneak mission and had to use an artifact. So much better than the same old "protect" dinklebot missions.

Still think they could do a better job of including the awesome grimoire storry in to the game storry. But im not finished yet, so holding off my final verdict for now ;)

I think they are doing what they did with Halo, as in the actual story inside the game is not crazy deep or laden with background info,it's easily to grasp for everyone from the dudebro to the lore nerd.
The actual deep universe building is all done around the game, so the lore interested people can read pages and pages about it while it's never in the casual players face to "distract" from the shooty bits.

Klyka

Banned
I've been converting my ass shards into motes and leveling up my factions. They give great rewards, almost a guaranteed legendary gear.

They also give you guaranteed 5 motes and 5 coins which means another 100 rep right there XD

And yeah, run VOG and CROTA and get mad shards = mad motes = rep all day babyyyyyy

ocean

Banned
The endgame feels a bit disjointed and messy with the billion quests you get and no clear indication which you're ready for.

But I'm super glad they separated this stuff from the main quest line. The TTK campaign feels amazing and solid because there's no filler. It would've been a huge bummer if after an amazing cutscene and cool mission they were like "ok go farm Taken vex on Venus now". They were wise to give us a short, but sweet and coherent and intense campaign for this DLC, leaving all the Patrol event stuff for later.

Maybe would've been nice to include some of the strikes in there somehow but whatever. The campaign is solid because it's a linear coherent path.

What comes next is a little overwhelming but at least you can't say there's nothing to do :p I was legit surprised when I saw quests had actual, new story missions. I thought they'd all be fetch quests in Patrol and stuff.

Kyoufu

Nah I spent half the time running for my life and I definitely didn't get the killing blows with the shotgun but I did use the shotgun on the brothers during the fight.

Shito

Just beat the darkblade strike for the first time: man, that was intense.
Those new strikes are awesome, and they all frighten me for when I'll have to run them in heroic... ^^

Also, don't know if it has already been said or not, but the vanguard (and I suppose all the other types) buff gives you a 10% buff. A 50 rep bounty gives me 55 with it equipped.

Raybunny

Nah I spent half the time running for my life and I definitely didn't get the killing blows with the shotgun but I did use the shotgun on the brothers during the fight.

Sounds fair not to get the final blow, like that a full fireteam can do it easily at the same time.

This expansion has made me fall in love with this game. It actually angers me knowing they had this in them, and shat out the original game in the state it was in.

RemiLP

I think they are doing what they did with Halo, as in the actual story inside the game is not crazy deep or laden with background info,it's easily to grasp for everyone from the dudebro to the lore nerd.
The actual deep universe building is all done around the game, so the lore interested people can read pages and pages about it while it's never in the casual players face to "distract" from the shooty bits.

That sounds resonable. Im really facinated by the lore now. Read the book of sorrow recently, gives you a complete new view of the story.

hydruxo

So for the Dead Orbit rank 25 quest...do I have to wear the class item to finish the quest or am I good to just only use the emblem & shader? I've only got a pre-TTK Dead Orbit cloak, and I'd rather not waste marks on a cloak that I'll wear for like an hour until I get the exotic one.

Kyoufu

So for the Dead Orbit rank 25 quest...do I have to wear the class item to finish the quest or am I good to just only use the emblem & shader? I've only got a pre-TTK Dead Orbit cloak, and I'd rather not waste marks on a cloak that I'll wear for like an hour until I get the exotic one.

You must use the class item you get from DO (gives bonus Crucible rep as a perk) along with the shader and emblem.

BokehKing

Banned

How do you infuse with blues?
All I see is options to use legendary marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom