• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Should probably mention this to those that plan to raid this weekend.

There is a quest line... well 4 actually.

- The Taken War: Earth
- The Taken War: Venus
- The Taken War: Mars
- The Blighted Worlds

After you complete those, the last part is to
Do the Kings Fall Raid & Kill Oryx, as well as some other bosses. As the reward you get a shader, emblem, and some gear.

Just a friendly PSA ;)

*edit*

Just so you guys don't get confused. I do not know if these quests are required to unlock the raid. They may very well just be an additional quest that have you go into the raid.

hydruxo

That or faction packages. Does it have to be the TTK one though? Old shaders and emblems work so I dunno. Try the old class item and report back :p

You will always get loot (emblems drop) for killing the finale boss now, but you only get the nightfall loot (at the end screen) once per character

You have to wear the cloak, shader, and emblem. A pain in the ass if you ask me, especially since the cloak is a low light level and really affects how much damage you do to enemies.

i've been using the pre-ttk warlock bond to do it, just swap to it as fast as you can before the heroic strike ends

Thanks guys. Yeah I'll probably just throw it on at the end of each strike, seems like the best way to go so I'm not losing a big chunk of light level during the strike.

BokehKing

Banned
To the guys I am supposed to raid with tomorrow evening:

I am afraid I am not going to be raid-ready come fridayevening. Hopefully by saturday or sunday afternoon, but I won't make the release deadline. Feel free to continue on without me/find a replacement. I will attempt the raid some other time :)
I think I may have that problem as well (I haven't even touched my other two guardians) I'm just so overwhelmed by content

ocean

Banned
Should probably mention this to those that plan to raid this weekend.

There is a quest line... well 4 actually.

- The Taken War: Earth
- The Taken War: Venus
- The Taken War: Mars
- The Blighted Worlds

After you complete those, the last part is to
Do the Kings Fall Raid & Kill Oryx, as well as some other bosses. As the reward you get a shader, emblem, and some gear

Just a friendly PSA ;)
Game changer.

Did not know Raid required completion of all these quest lines. Fak they should have opened the damn thing on Tuesday this is gonna drive us nuts :p

How do you begin the Blighted Worlds? Mine just says help the Vanguards :p or is it something that happens after all their Quest lines are done?

KxoZz

The game has been out for 2 days XD "taking forever" is kinda...not what's happening. You guys just all want everything immediately cause you're the hardcore crowd :)

I did my Bad Juju back then over the course of like a month.

True. It's just kinda annoying when you spend an hour in the crucible and make literally zero progress. I'll probably chill more after I reach enough light level for the raid.

Daemul

Yeah, my friends and I have decided, we're only using our main characters from now on (we're all Hunters),with our alts being used to make extra armsday weapon orders. Whilst there's a shit ton of stuff to do in the game now, much of it is either super grindy or a major fucking pain in the ass to do whilst still levelling up, and we can't be arsed putting ourselves through that 2 more times. Maybe in a couple of months or something when we've exhausted the current content.

So is it just me or is RNGesus still in charge of our progression? From what i understand we're still at the mercy of RNG to acquire high enough light gear to be able to take on new challenges.

Wouldnt a straight XP determination be much easier and more "fair"? Keep gear stats but scale enemies to XP and not light.

I could be confused as i've been away from Destiny for over 10 months so please correct me if i'm understanding how the system is now working.

Spades

warlock-stormcaller-exotic-bond.png

I can't believe you are unable to infuse this to make it higher defense. What a waste.

So is it just me or is RNGesus still in charge of our progression? From what i understand we're still at the mercy of RNG to acquire high enough light gear to be able to take on new challenges.

Wouldnt a straight XP determination be much easier and more "fair"? Keep gear stats but scale enemies to XP and not light.

I could be confused as i've been away from Destiny for over 10 months so please correct me if i'm understanding how the system is now working.

I think they do not this way to prevent most people from blowing through all the content super fast. Could be wrong though.

The gunsmith sniper rifle from the quest he gives? I would also like to know....

Oh damn.... well then... that's pretty rough. Still worth it though!

I heard you have to wait until next reset to actually get it though if you complete the quest line.

Not too sure where it comes from. Just remembering reading multiple posts about a specific sniper being really good. I just got one called "1000 yard stare" and didn't want to salvage it before checking.

Just watch this

https://youtu.be/zTaSQoBm1lM

I can't believe you are unable to infuse this to make it higher defense. What a waste.

Stuff like this makes NO sense to me. What good is a 170 band that can't be infused to end game stats? There must be something else going on or coming up that will take care of the lot of these "mistakes".

noomi

Game changer.

Did not know Raid required completion of all these quest lines. Fak they should have opened the damn thing on Tuesday this is gonna drive us nuts :p

How do you begin the Blighted Worlds? Mine just says help the Vanguards :p or is it something that happens after all their Quest lines are done?

I'm not sure if the raid requires you to do these quests, but if you are going to do the raid this weekend you might as well have them done and get some extra loots :)

The Blighted Worlds quest completes automatically after you finish all the Taken War Quests.

FyreWulff

The new smart loot system means you steadily go upwards in light anyway.

ocean

Banned

It's still Random but quite different from when you left 10 months ago. Back then, it was a combination of random AND time gated, in that progression required luck with a Raid you could only do once a week.

Right now, as long as you're always wearing the best gear you own (as measured by Light), around 1/4 Blue engrams that drop will be higher light than what you're wearing. This snowballs because as you go higher, your drops get higher, which leads to even higher drops etc.

By doing the quest lines you should be earning a solid amount of increasingly powerful weapons and armor. It's not like 10 months ago where you'd go a week without progress. Right now, even if you only play for an hour or two you'll log out a bit more powerful than you were when you began.

Spades

Stuff like this makes NO sense to me. What good is a 170 band that can't be infused to end game stats? There must be something else going on or coming up that will take care of the lot of these "mistakes".

Exactly. I just don't understand at all why they would make it so low and not let you infuse it to make it higher. It makes it utterly pointless. I would never have bought the upgrade if I realised it was so low.

I think they do not this way to prevent most people from blowing through all the content super fast. Could be wrong though.

The new smart loot system means you steadily go upwards in light anyway.

So regardless... it's just a matter of... time? Any way to acquire super high level light gear from specific actions like quests etc.? Like are there any guaranteed ways to hit max light level or near?

ocean

Banned
The only character I've been playing since TTK launched is still under 240.

NEAT.
FYI: this is only possible because you can "jump start" your alt by transferring high light weapons and ghost via the Vault. That way whenever he gets an Engram drop, it's light rating will be higher by virtue of your weapons having increased the Light average of the alt.

Also, if you have any high light armor on your main, your alt can use it for Infusion.

123rl

Antiquated Rune spoilers:
It activates the Tier 3 Court of Oryx event, the highest level challenge. The enemies are all Light 300 but it's doable in the 290 or even 280 range, if there's a big group.

I completed it twice yesterday: first time when there were 6 total Guardians there with a max of 280-290 Light and several much lower (3 in my fireteam, 3 rando's). The second time was done with our fire team (two guys above 291 Light and one guy around 279) plus one rando. Definitely challenging and requires some quality weapons.

Ooh I will one sec.

Thanks. I went for a few hours and I have 6 pages to catch up on this thread :D

What kind of rewards were dropping for that challenge?

So regardless... it's just a matter of... time? Any way to acquire super high level light gear from specific actions like quests etc.? Like are there any guaranteed ways to hit max light level or near?

I dont get what you are asking

Are you looking to rush to the raid?

I think by just playing naturally and completing the content you should get everything you need

FyreWulff

There's guaranteed high light stuff from quests, yes. Gunsmith is also letting you order 280 light weapons

The game shits motes at you and 5 motes give 100 rep. More rep if you wear the faction class item.

The old class items boost faction rep still? I didn't know that.

Edit: Is it only the new class items you buy from vendor or will my classic dead orbit and FWC cloaks work?

ocean

Banned
There are quests which pay out Year 2 Exotics at or near the max light level. The Shipwright has a quest for the Chaperone shotgun, the Petra quest line eventually gives you an exotic Scout, reaching Rank 3 with the Gunsmith gives a class-specific Exotic, fully leveling and infusing your Sword opens up a quest for an Exotix sword, and these are just the ones we know about. There will likely be more later. As for Legendaries, you can buy them at 280 attack or order them from the Gunsmith or get some for the later steps in the quests.

There's no way to play the game and *not* level up right now as long as you remember to equip the best stuff you own at any given moment and follow the quests.

It's still Random but quite different from when you left 10 months ago. Back then, it was a combination of random AND time gated, in that progression required luck with a Raid you could only do once a week.

Right now, as long as you're always wearing the best gear you own (as measured by Light), around 1/4 Blue engrams that drop will be higher light than what you're wearing. This snowballs because as you go higher, your drops get higher, which leads to even higher drops etc.

By doing the quest lines you should be earning a solid amount of increasingly powerful weapons and armor. It's not like 10 months ago where you'd go a week without progress. Right now, even if you only play for an hour or two you'll log out a bit more powerful than you were when you began.

Ahhh, ok this makes more sense! Much better way that what i was thinking. So what are the drops like now? How often do we see blues, purps and yellers?

Yup

Basically

Just play the game and enjoy the ride

I'm so down for this. I'll be restarting a new Titan main (never even played with one bf but i MUST have Thors!) and beginning from Vanilla introducing the girlfriend to the game so we'll take it slow and easy and enjoy our journey. Ill use my 2 alts for raiding etc.

Arrrammis

Woohoo, just got my first year 2 exotic! "The Impossible Machines". Gloves that give me the perk landfall for my stormcaller (AoE attack when I activate my super). They are ridiculous, basically copper wire tesla coils wrapped around my forearms. The perk is kind of meh, but the 290 armor is very helpful.

Midas

You will always get loot (emblems drop) for killing the finale boss now, but you only get the nightfall loot (at the end screen) once per character

You have to wear the cloak, shader, and emblem. A pain in the ass if you ask me, especially since the cloak is a low light level and really affects how much damage you do to enemies.

Cool. I got way better loot from the drops than from heroic, might've been luck though. Thanks for the help!

noomi

Gotta go and do some IRL stuff, Sentinel and Drizzay. Plus, I haven't even started the chaperone quest. :(

I haven't started Chaperone either, I want the Gunsmith and Exotic Sword first, Chaperone can wait.

Not to keen about doing PvP stuff right now, all about the PvE ;)

X-Frame

I may be unjustifiably annoyed that Year 1 PvP beast weapons can still be used in the Crucible. I wish that there were Year 2 only playlists where all those weapons weren't able to be used.

Sucks when I'm trying to use new weapons only to be killed by the same Felwinter's shotguns.

Deku Tree

Anyone want to do the "Blighted Coven" story mission?
Just join on me.
I'm on patrol now, but I can start it up as soon as we have a group.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How stringent are the recommended light levels on stuff? Like, am I total scrub asshole if I try to do some heroic strike playlist at 240-250?

ocean

Banned
I've probably spent more time in PvE this week than I had in the past 4 months put together. Feels weird. But Crucible is lame as shit with Hand Cannons sucking, so I'm really glad there's so much to do in PvE for once.

I feel there should be a detailed guide for vets.

Such as how bungie expects us to get raid ready when all my vendor packages and legendary engrams are decrypting into about 250 light items. Am I expected to save up 500 marks to outfit my guardian?

Also how do we get strange coins now as there is none awarded for weekly strike playlist.

Furthermore, is there a guide that would answer all these little details so I don't have to play 50 questions over the course of the next week? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom