• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
When can I start to earn Legendary Marks? I'm level 40 but can't get high enough Light to complete the Vanguard strikes or Daily/Weekly?

Edit: Also hurry up Bungie with the Focused Light. I've redeemed 11 codes over the past week and still haven't got them.

Mupod

PSA: Exotic scout rifle Boolean Demise is glitchy and the required quest may not appear right away once you've finished the preceding Petra and Variks quests. It will show up eventually. It does not matter what your Queen reputation rank is, as Nami said.

This is good news, I didn't play in House of Wolves long enough to get that rep up.

Guess I'll get to work on my questlines tonight. Still have lots of strikes and missions to play through and the Dreadnaught just started to piss me off.

On that subject, my experience on the boat:

- I found a chest that was in a room that drained your hp super fast. There were a couple other guys trying for it and dying repeatedly, but revive shields weren't enough. I switched to Sunsinger and tried to charge my super, and found a Defender titan hanging around nearby. I actually inspected him to be sure. Anyways I somehow managed to lead him over to the chest expecting him to drop a bubble so we could all loot it. Nope. He just joined in the repeated death loop, over and over and over. Eventually my super charged, I put on Apotheosis Veil to fill my health on cast and it gave me plenty of time to open it.

- Killed a ton of things in the Court of Oryx, despite everyone else's best efforts. For god's sake people stop shooting the thralls when they're not next to the ogre. Christ stop leading the two knights away from each other. NO YOU HAVE TO KILL THE WIZARDS AT THE SAME TIME. I wish this game had proximity voice chat, or text chat, or something. I did manage to clear 2 of my 3 summoned stolen runes - didn't seem like anyone else in the area ever summoned anything but a tier 1. At least the summons do seem to attract people to 'help' pretty quick, you can see the public event icons from a mile away.

- The lack of a map is pretty aggravating but the area is not that large. Are the chests all unlocked by random drops? Got really sick of finding a secret area then nope too bad you haven't found X macguffin so nothing in here for you. Also, I had found tons of calcified fragments before turning in the first one and they apparently don't count UNTIL you turn that first one in...

Gammacide

Anyone want to join me for killing Taken Champions on Earth? Last one I have is the Rocketyard and there are never any other guardians to help so the Taken just leave after a bit. :( PSN is V1ctIm.

willow ve

Finally got around to starting TTK campaign / story levels. So good.

The first level feels EXACTLY like the first level of Halo:CE to me. Thanks Bungie. This expansion is great.

Jinjo

To the guys I am supposed to raid with tomorrow evening:

I am afraid I am not going to be raid-ready come fridayevening. Hopefully by saturday or sunday afternoon, but I won't make the release deadline. Feel free to continue on without me/find a replacement. I will attempt the raid some other time :)

noomi

Can you get loot from nightfall multiple times now? Or should I grind heroic strikes?

You will always get loot (emblems drop) for killing the finale boss now, but you only get the nightfall loot (at the end screen) once per character

So for the Dead Orbit rank 25 quest...do I have to wear the class item to finish the quest or am I good to just only use the emblem & shader? I've only got a pre-TTK Dead Orbit cloak, and I'd rather not waste marks on a cloak that I'll wear for like an hour until I get the exotic one.

You have to wear the cloak, shader, and emblem. A pain in the ass if you ask me, especially since the cloak is a low light level and really affects how much damage you do to enemies.

^I do but like I said down there v I can't get online for a few min.

Just got done eating, hopping on and maybe we can get done with that quest?

Finishing eating now myself but gotta wait for this maintenance dude to gtfo. Hopefully only another 10 min, definitely up for busting out that quest!

Not sure if you have to deal the killing blows. I was the only one at that point in the quest in my group so I downed both of them.

Nah I spent half the time running for my life and I definitely didn't get the killing blows with the shotgun but I did use the shotgun on the brothers during the fight.

Awesome, great to know. Sounds like it's extremely similar to the Thorn bounty Phoggoth Strike, which is cool with me. Just glad there are no shenanigans with completion requirements.

Klyka

Banned
Man,I love how you get dreadnaught bounties randomly (I got mine after the first Court of Oryx fight) and it gives you Eris Morn rep, and each time you hand it in you get a new one for more rep :D

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You're already blacklisted! The light should be in your Postmaster as soon as you redeem a code.

For that scam that happened months ago? I was only given 2 codes from people on GAF.

Edit: Nevermind its a Bungie problem.

Please Note: We are aware of an issue where the Focused Light consumable failed to appear at the Postmaster for Red Bull Quest codes redeemed after 8/11/2015. No codes redeemed after this date will be lost. You can continue to redeem Red Bull Quest codes while we investigate this issue. Once the matter is resolved, the Focused Light consumable will be made available at the Postmaster.

ocean

Banned
what does mvp mean? and what do I do with my motes? re-roll legendaries like in HoW?
Main uses:

1. Show up at your Faction handler and trade Motes for rep. At 125 Motes for Faction rank up, it's a fantastic way to earn new Legendary gear or nice shaders if you have a large stash

2. From your inventory, hold Square. Instead of Discard, it will "Use" 1 Mote. Each Mote you use gives a nice chunk of XP to all your equipped gear. If you have a new drop and want to use the perks more quickly, use like 5-10 Motes and the weapon should gain a toooon of XP.

R0ckman

Progress is not tied to RNG. Only perks are considered RNG now. Simply playing the game guarantees you'll continue to level up.

Also, once you get your light level up some more, heroic strikes with randoms is not a big deal.

Yes, theoretically if you keep playing you may eventually get a drop that has a higher attack or defense stat. I'm not sure how that's not RNG? As I said before I barely made it to 260 last night after playing for about 4-5 hours. Was around 250 when I logged on.

Magwik

Banned
So I haven't been paying much attention to this thread especially since TTK launched but I'm going to assume that plenty of people have already made a "pocket sand" joke in regards to the smoke bomb on Nightstalker?

Namikaze1

So far I have:

293 Titan
270 Hunter
248 Warlock

Gonna focus on getting my Hunter ready for a second raid this weekend.

All I have done on my Warlock and Hunter are the first mission and the subclass missions.

noomi

Man.... it's insane how much there is to do....I can't even keep up haha

I'm only going to do the quests lines on my main (hunter). When I get to leveling my Titan/Warlock I'm just sticking to the main story missions.... for now

The only thing I'm worried about though, is that there seem to be new story missions that only unlock when you do certain quests. I just hope that these don't turn into daily missions because I won't have access.

Kind of wish that some of these quests would be account wide, so I wouldn't have to complete them a 2nd and 3rd time.

RemiLP

Main uses:

1. Show up at your Faction handler and trade Motes for rep. At 125 Motes for Faction rank up, it's a fantastic way to earn new Legendary gear or nice shaders if you have a large stash

2. From your inventory, hold Square. Instead of Discard, it will "Use" 1 Mote. Each Mote you use gives a nice chunk of XP to all your equipped gear. If you have a new drop and want to use the perks more quickly, use like 5-10 Motes and the weapon should gain a toooon of XP.

didnt know about the second point. Nice :)

noomi

That's nothing compared to the next part. Grinding resources in patrol. Screw you zeptocyte cores!

Just like the old days, it used to be a lot worse. Nodes would rarely spawn, and only give 1 mat. Now they are much faster, and give 2/3 materials.

Still... a pain the butt :p

Anyone for Tier 3 Court?

How did you get the tier 3 rune? I have something called Wormspore Rune, and something called Agonarsh Rune.

Are those tier 3's?

Shito

Nightstalker is so OP at farming resources.
I'm not looking forward to having to endure that sword mission on my warlock and titan. ^^

Klyka

Banned
This quest is way to harsh. I'm not the best PvP player, but I'm decent and it's taking forever...

The game has been out for 2 days XD "taking forever" is kinda...not what's happening. You guys just all want everything immediately cause you're the hardcore crowd :)

I did my Bad Juju back then over the course of like a month.

milkham

So for the Dead Orbit rank 25 quest...do I have to wear the class item to finish the quest or am I good to just only use the emblem & shader? I've only got a pre-TTK Dead Orbit cloak, and I'd rather not waste marks on a cloak that I'll wear for like an hour until I get the exotic one.

i've been using the pre-ttk warlock bond to do it, just swap to it as fast as you can before the heroic strike ends

Just like the old days, it used to be a lot worse. Nodes would rarely spawn, and only give 1 mat. Now they are much faster, and give 2/3 materials.

Still... a pain the butt :p

How did you get the tier 3 rune? I have something called Wormspore Rune, and something called Agonarsh Rune.

Are those tier 3's?

It's not guaranteed from each node. That's the problem. Been at it for almost 2 hours. I need three more. But yes, having a ghost that tracks those nodes makes it a bit better.

Bradach

Main uses:

Thanks for that, that's good to know. I have approx 300 motes in my vault. (i never bothered reforging in HoW).

ocean

Banned
So far I have:

293 Titan
270 Hunter
248 Warlock

Gonna focus on getting my Hunter ready for a second raid this weekend.

All I have done on my Warlock and Hunter are the first mission and the subclass missions.
I thought it was impossible until I realized:

1. I can transfer my 280+ Weapons/Ghost to alts to jumpstart their Light level and trigger higher Light drops for them

2. They can apparently use armor from other classes for Infusion. So if I get a 280 Blue armor on my Main which I can't use for shit, I can transfer it to my alt so he can use it for infusion

Given these advantages, second and third characters will be a cakewalk compared to the gruel and grind of the pioneer main :p

noomi

What was the name of the sniper everyone keeps saying is meant to be really good ?

The gunsmith sniper rifle from the quest he gives? I would also like to know....

It's not guaranteed from each node. That's the problem. Been at it for almost 2 hours. I need three more. But yes, having a ghost that tracks those nodes makes it a bit better.

Oh damn.... well then... that's pretty rough. Still worth it though!

I heard you have to wait until next reset to actually get it though if you complete the quest line.

nOoblet16

I thought it was impossible until I realized:

1. I can transfer my 280+ Weapons/Ghost to alts to jumpstart their Light level and trigger higher Light drops for them

2. They can apparently use armor from other classes for Infusion. So if I get a 280 Blue armor on my Main which I can't use for shit, I can transfer it to my alt so he can use it for infusion

Given these advantages, second and third characters will be a cakewalk compared to the gruel and grind of the pioneer main :p
Levelling up alts should be quicker.

The gunsmith sniper rifle from the quest he gives? I would also like to know....

Oh damn.... well then... that's pretty rough. Still worth it though!

I heard you have to wait until next reset to actually get it though if you complete the quest line.

Yeah, that stinks! Apparently there's more too the quest after that but that's unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom