• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

I finished the Petra quest line but not the Wolves of Mars quest. Do I have to finish both to get the scout rifle or did I get screwed?

Yeah, I'm really liking this so far.

Played a strike yesterday that was maybe 260 Light, I can't remember. My fire team is around 220; I'm 230. We grinded through that sucker, getting our asses kicked, then we get up to Allah Akbar, or whatever his name is. Man, that shit was terrifying! I can't even imagine this with Nightfall burns on; very well done strike, like a mini-raid.

There's so much shit to do, and it's so hard to find time to play this week, I'm kinda overwhelmed lol. Now I see people getting Exotics and I'm getting real antsy for loot. The thirst is real...again!

ocean

Banned
I feel there should be a detailed guide for vets.

Such as how bungie expects us to get raid ready when all my vendor packages and legendary engrams are decrypting into about 250 light items. Am I expected to save up 500 marks to outfit my guardian?

Also how do we get strange coins now as there is none awarded for weekly strike playlist.

Furthermore, is there a guide that would answer all these little details so I don't have to play 50 questions over the course of the next week? Haha
All your engrams will slowly get higher as your level increases. Just make sure you're always wearing the highest level weapons and armor you own, even if they're ugly or blue :p this pushes the drop Light slowly, and you'll find yourself making constant small jumps which add up overall. 290 will take a while though unless you're playing several hours a day :

As for Coins: they drop everywhere now. From engrams, turning in bounties, completing a PvP match, just keep playing and you'll make a lot. We used to make 27 a week via Weeklies, I feel well make a lot more now even if they aren't guaranteed.

Ramirez

Finished up The Chaperone quest last night, the 290 Shield Bros were destroying me at 270, but we got it done, heh. Now to...wait. :|

What am I doing wrong for the High Value Target quest? I did two of the patrol missions with the cross bones yet I get nothing from it. Still at 0/3 on the target requirements.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
All your engrams will slowly get higher as your level increases. Just make sure you're always wearing the highest level weapons and armor you own, even if they're ugly or blue :p this pushes the drop Light slowly, and you'll find yourself making constant small jumps which add up overall. 290 will take a while though unless you're playing several hours a day :

The smart loot system is kind of weird. I got lvl 40 legendary gloves early, but have since found level 40 blue gloves with higher armor/light.

MrDaravon

Finished the "core" TTK story missions where it then opens up into a billion different quests. I'm only light level 221 (having no real luck with faction packages) and have no goddamn idea what I should even be doing. Not high enough (ha) to do the Daily Story mission, and I can't really tell on some of these quests. Guess I should try to do any of these quests that I'm able to do, and/or do Patrols?

Also 15 kills with the throwing knife in the Crucible? Fucking really?

ocean

Banned
What am I doing wrong for the High Value Target quest? I did two of the patrol missions with the cross bones yet I get nothing from it. Still at 0/3 on the target requirements.
I think those are just regular VIP Patrol bounties (circle with a star in the middle icon).

nOoblet16

I've got tons of planetary materials of all type except Relic Iron of which I only have two. And for some reason almost every gear I have weapons and armour alike...THEY ALL need Relic iron except for one armour piece.

What the fuck? What are the odds right?

ocean

Banned
The smart loot system is kind of weird. I got lvl 40 legendary gloves early, but have since found level 40 blue gloves with higher armor/light.
Blue drops will match or slightly exceed your current Light average. This is why, while wearing your best stuff, your drops get a little better over time.

You have to forget the old Green -> Blue -> Purple paradigm. Just always use your highest Light stuff and your drops will be increasingly better as you keep playing.

It's actually "smart" this time around, at least in how you get stronger. If the legendary perks are keepers, then infused them with the blues, or vice versa. I really like this system!

Bradach

How stringent are the recommended light levels on stuff? Like, am I total scrub asshole if I try to do some heroic strike playlist at 240-250?

I think I read in this thread that you're allowed in if you're within 40 of the recommended light level but obviously the further you are from the recommended the more of an ass kicking you'll take in there.

matmanx1

I've probably spent more time in PvE this week than I had in the past 4 months put together. Feels weird. But Crucible is lame as shit with Hand Cannons sucking, so I'm really glad there's so much to do in PvE for once.

Interestingly enough The Last Word and I kissed and made up this morning during a couple of games of Salvage. In the close to mid/close game that gun is still a beast for a one on one shoot out as long as you are not trying to ADS. I believe I won 80 - 90% of my one on one's this morning just hipfiring (no ADS!) as quickly as I could pull the trigger.

I feel there should be a detailed guide for vets.

Such as how bungie expects us to get raid ready when all my vendor packages and legendary engrams are decrypting into about 250 light items. Am I expected to save up 500 marks to outfit my guardian?

Also how do we get strange coins now as there is none awarded for weekly strike playlist.

Furthermore, is there a guide that would answer all these little details so I don't have to play 50 questions over the course of the next week? Haha

I've gotten a bunch of strange coins since the reset from Public events, engrams, bounty turn ins and crucible games. It seems like they randomly pop up as rewards for just about anything now.

As far as your gear if you are running around at 250 light then you should be getting drops that are + or - 20 light, typically. Just make sure you are wearing the highest light stuff that you have and you will get drops/engrams/rewards that will move you up.

ocean

Banned
I don't get it either. Why use legendaries if a rare on is better? Highers int/disc/str stats?
Legendaries have more and better perks.

What I did was just forget my Legendaries for the moment. I'll keep using whatever is highest Light just to guarantee my drops have increasingly higher Light. Once I'm at 290+ I'll use those max tier blues to infuse my Legendaries and have the best of both worlds :)

But it's a waste of Marks to be constantly infusing stuff which you'll replace with blues 20 minutes later :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know making the post now will do me no good since it's like 8 hours away, but I'd love to knock out some of the patrol-related quests as I have not yet done any of them. I have taken war on earth and venus, the first quest on earth from petra, and the 3 high value targets on all planets thing. I probably have a couple more that I am forgetting Getting any of those done tonight with some gaf folks would be great.

ocean

Banned
How stringent are the recommended light levels on stuff? Like, am I total scrub asshole if I try to do some heroic strike playlist at 240-250?
It's 260 Light, and matchmaking tries its damn hardest to get people near your Light level. A full team 20 points below would have a very hard time with some of those Strikes. Others are tricky but doable.

void666

Banned
Finished the "core" TTK story missions where it then opens up into a billion different quests. I'm only light level 221 (having no real luck with faction packages) and have no goddamn idea what I should even be doing. Not high enough (ha) to do the Daily Story mission, and I can't really tell on some of these quests. Guess I should try to do any of these quests that I'm able to do, and/or do Patrols?

Also 15 kills with the throwing knife in the Crucible? Fucking really?

Whatever you do the game will reward you with loot. Just keep playing. Try to do the quests that give you with legendary marks. Always consider infusion instead of buying gear.

MAYBE it's a good idea to buy the vanguard ghost. It has 280 def and detects wormspores. I was sitting on piles of the other materials. But desperately needed wormspores.

lt519

Whew, the to-do list in this game is insane right now. I feel like I've barely explore the Dreadnaught with what might be close to 20 hours logged already.

Finished The Taken War quest lines; only have the Wolves of Mars and the Neverending Battles quest lines + Court of Oryx one. 2 Heroic strikes short of the Neverending Battles getting to NF and have about 125 marks saved up after buying a ghost last night (at like 267 light total). I'm going to roll some edged over factions today, finish the two strikes, buy an exotic, and get to NF level! After NF it's off to the Dreadnaught for some casual exploring again. Man so much to do, and so fun. All I want to do is go home and play. Haven't even touched Crucible quest lines yet.

SpecX

Ugh, can't get any legendary engrams or gear to drop. Been playing the hell out of crucible and strikes and I'm swimming in blue engrams that turn into stiff worse than what I already have. Feels like I'm going to be stuck at light 220 for awhile at this rate.

I'm giving up on PvP for now as well, can't kill anything and the teams I'm getting paired with are beyond uneven. Rushed through Rift this morning to get my marks and the game rewarded everyone on them team except me. Even the guy with no kills got his marks and a strange coin. Had to run that shit a second time and endure another awful match up for my marks.

Finally hit 75 so I can buy something to help buy my way to the top.

Anoregon

The only item I've infused so far is my sword, because nothing else I have is all that cool. Also I really want to save 125 marks so I can get my year 2 Bad Juju.

lt519

Ugh, can't get any legendary engrams or gear to drop. Been playing the hell out of crucible and strikes and I'm swimming in blue engrams that turn into stiff worse than what I already have. Feels like I'm going to be stuck at light 220 for awhile at this rate.

Run the Taken War quests and also the Court of Oryx is a good place to level up. Make sure you are wearing stuff to put you at your highest light level possible, the gear that drops is based on your current light level. So if you are wearing lower gear for perks or some reason, don't worry about that for now.

Edit: I also thought that the Heroic playlist was guaranteed legendary items, didn't get one in the Darkblade Heroic.

Shito

And here we go!

alJLiso.jpg

Always loved Petra and the Queen.
Hope she's not really dead. :/

I've been so busy with work lately there is no way I will be raid ready on one character. I am just hoping to knock out NF and do the crucible weekly stuff before reset on all my characters.

I had such a crazy string of luck last night before i logged off. 3 blues turned purple and one Purple drop from a strike.

The three blues all popped in a row at the cryptarch.

Baliis

I did the Taniks strike yesterday at like 235 through the weekly play list. It was... not fun to say the least lol. We finished, but it took forever, and a lot of close calls. No one had an arc weapon apparently and we spent like 15 minutes kiting about 5 captains while taking shotsbat Taniks at the end because we couldn't even drop their shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom