• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Really enjoyed playing TTK so far. Had 130 or so Legendary Marks. Last thing before getting off yesterday I decided to go for some faction packages. Needed to convert shards to motes at the Speaker, so I'm spamming the button, and next thing you know I accidently bought two of the same god damn cloaks at 60 marks each. Such a let down. Be careful out there guys.

ocean

Banned
No Gjallarhorn 2.0...just tears.

Secretly hoping the horn comes back with the next DLC.
I might be in the minority but I'm glad it's gone.

I'm picturing the new Strikes and how awesome they are with bosses that actually move around and have cool mechanics.

And then I picture teams dumping 7 rockets, popping a synth, and getting ready to repeat. Specially with Weapons of Light now buffing rockets.

The game is more fun when you don't approach missions as different checkpoints where you unleash the horn and the move on :p

I still wish I had it when I play with randoms :(

nOoblet16

Oh I misunderstood, I completely agree.

4 matches into Crucible, I'm at 3% on this TLW bounty. I'm not even doing THAT bad, I'm going like ~0.8 k/d on these matches, how goddamn hard are they penalizing you for dying on this?

Also what are the specifics on the Mercy rule? The last game it loaded me into a Clash match that was 8k to 2k and it didn't end.

You cannot progress in that bounty with a negative KDR.
1 kill gets you 1% up, a death means a loss of 2%.
Your only hope is to try for a positive KDR by using rocket launchers, shotguns and super...you don't even have to use TLW.

the fact that strange coins have been thrown at us in 2.0 makes me wonder 'what else' xur is selling

i got the feeling that strange coins will not be currency to buy stuff form xur ... we are hoarding them for a long time with zero purpose ... some of us got like 1000+ strange coins

Lnkn52

For new page:
Is there a way to get 2 fire teams (2 groups of 3) to matchmake into the dreadnought? Similar process when Sweaties matchmaking is created?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Any Day1 Raid slots open?
CPHHdSzUsAQ_S25.jpg:large

Me so far

You know what i noticed while playing and what could be really helpful, a way to tell visually on the map or something who in your fireteam has which quests available at the same time as you. It would be nice to know what we have in common without having to go in the menus and figuring it out.

Deku Tree

Im going to kill taken irxori in the cosmodrome sky watch for the Petra bounty.
Join on me if you want to do that too.
There now.
DekuBleep.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can't you also use coins to increase your chance of an exotic drop or something like that?

naw, that's an actual item - three of coins

they've already said that xur will be selling that much at least (its also a nightfall drop)

ocean

Banned
Oh I misunderstood, I completely agree.

4 matches into Crucible, I'm at 3% on this TLW bounty. I'm not even doing THAT bad, I'm going like ~0.8 k/d on these matches, how goddamn hard are they penalizing you for dying on this?

Also what are the specifics on the Mercy rule? The last game it loaded me into a Clash match that was 8k to 2k and it didn't end.
Mercy rule triggers with a 5k point lead in clash unless such a lead occurs late in the match, then it just goes on normally. For Control and Rift it's a 10k lead over the losing team.

As for the Quest, I think you need to go 1.0 to not *lose* progress, and do better than that to advance (with precision kills giving even better boost). But it seems to be a little buggy and not very predictable according to what people here are saying :/

Remember any deaths while TLW isn't equipped won't set you back. So if you're in a very lopsided match or the enemy team has both Heavies or a similarly dangerous situation, just take it off so your imminent deaths don't set you back.

nOoblet16

I might be in the minority but I'm glad it's gone.

I'm picturing the new Strikes and how awesome they are with bosses that actually move around and have cool mechanics.

And then I picture teams dumping 7 rockets, popping a synth, and getting ready to repeat. Specially with Weapons of Light now buffing rockets.

The game is more fun when you don't approach missions as different checkpoints where you unleash the horn and the move on :p

I still wish I had it when I play with randoms :(

It's all on Bungie for making the weapon what it was (not stat wise but a requirement and essential for everything etc) because of their shit level and encounter design with ad spam and bullet sponge enemies. And now because of that they have completely changed their philosophy instead of fixing it and building around it, it's the reason why you don't have a single exotic rocket launcher...and not even a good legendary rocket launcher. For all intent and purpose, rocket launchers are dead in PvE.

Every game needs an OP weapon but it's up to the developers to build their game in a way that the OP weapon does not become a requirement.

Also what's even the point of making Truth a year 2 exotic? No one uses it outside of PvP where the stats don't matter and it wasn't a PS exclusive weapon like Hawkmoon, 4th Horseman, Monte Carlo which meant they pretty much had to upgrade it so that Xbox players could use the weapons without it being useless.

The point? Even if you hate PvE this game really expects you to play a ton of it. So even a PvP player has to do NF and Weekly once in a while to up his chances of finally getting The Last Word or The Ram or whatever is the hot PvP thing.

Not having an elemental primary is a huge obstacle for people who were less familiar with this content to begin with. Giving them a chance to load up on elemental primaries meant they were on equal footing.

Asking that I kill Skolas 700 times is a far more ridiculous requirement than winning 7 Elimination matches for an elemental primary btw. The problem wasn't that HoW gave PvP players loot too generously. It was that Skolas drop rates were and still are complete dog shit. He drops weapons less than either Raid, which is funny since Skolas weapons are universally the worst of the worst in the Raid tier except maybe the (lol) Auto Rifle.

Luckily we could ascend and it's water under the bridge. I think the ire would have come down on both sides of the Skolas vs. Mercury drop rate of elemental weapons equation if only PvP guys were getting the good loot. Keep it even and I don't care if I'm locked out due to PvP skill, just make sure I have an equal opportunity(relatively close time spent) to gain a comparable weapon on the PvE side.

Sure why not, have been wanting to try it out. I only think I have mats for tier 1 though ( reciprocal runes, right? )

Sent you an invite. And that's fine regarding mats. I've only got one of the next higher up tier anyways. I'm more interested in doing CoO for a Petra quest I've got going.

Tier2 CoO with only 3 people is hard. Never seem to have any extras come along. Really want to get that quest out of the way but making zero progress on the tier 2 or 3.

DY_nasty

i got the feeling that strange coins will not be currency to buy stuff form xur ... we are hoarding them for a long time with zero purpose ... some of us got like 1000+ strange coins

it doesnt make sense for them to continue to be stacked and pressed into the same single sales window as before

if the were gonna stay largely useless, then bungie would've made motes the currency for everything - they definitely wouldn't have increased the strange coin drop rate. just doesn't make sense otherwise. they have to be used for something more

OR xur will just double his prices week 1, then exponentially raise them for each subsequent purchase lol

LkPr

are Legendary Marks not showing correctly for anyone else on Bungie.net?? I know I got some last night but the website is showing I have 0.

Zoidberg

I just joined deku for the skywatch one, after i get this one i will join you.

Just did the divide, will be at rocket yards. Ghorn is still really good for these guys.

Just had the devil walker and the taken champion spawn at the same time, they all fought each other!

And done divide as well, 2/3 were spawning as I entered the area!

DY_nasty

For all intent and purpose, rocket launchers are dead in PvE.

Every game needs an OP weapon but it's up to the developers to build their game in a way that the OP weapon does not become a requirement.

Also what's even the point of making Truth a year 2 exotic? No one uses it outside of PvP where the stats don't matter and it wasn't a PS exclusive weapon like Hawkmoon, 4th Horseman, Monte Carlo which meant they pretty much had to upgrade it so that Xbox players could use the weapons without it being useless.
so much wut

void666

Banned
If xur sells year 2 version of old gear, no problem.

I hope i'm wrong but i have the feeling his stuff will be more expensive or require legendary marks along with strange coins.

ocean

Banned
It's all on Bungie for making the weapon what it was (not stat wise but a requirement and essential for everything etc) because of their shit level and encounter design with ad spam and bullet sponge enemies. And now because of that they have completely changed their philosophy instead of fixing it and building around it, it's the reason why you don't have a single exotic rocket launcher...and not even a good legendary rocket launcher. For all intent and purpose, rocket launchers are dead in PvE.

Well it's
On Bungie the way everything is if you wanna look at it that way :p

And I think Rocket Launchers were never meant to be instawin solutions the way Horn was. I mean every other RL does the same damage and then you have this crazy outlier. They're still good at what I think their original intent was: quickly cleaning up an area. Places like the final room of Echo Chamber spawn a dozen Goblins who snipe at you with a passion, at the same time. A good Rocket can quickly save you there.

As for Truth going Year 2? They had 3 Launchers. One is dogshit, the other breaks the game. Third is a beautiful compromise :p I'm sure it'll be the only Year 2 RL with Tracking + Proximity Det. + Tripod so it'll remain king of PvP.

And as for why upgrade a PvP only weapon? Because a lot of people play more PvP than anything else :p same reason for bringing TLW forward.

anybody holding off on spending marks to see what exotics slot Xur will have? hahaha

I got Helmet and Gauntlets needed to get Legendary but will wait and see if Xur sells gauntlets or helms tomorrow

I hope it's the Mysterio helmet or Stormcaller gauntlets

nOoblet16

so much wut

It would be better if you actually explained what you are trying to say.

Are you trying to say that no game should have an OP weapon ? (Which would be contradictory because every game focused around weapons has it since it's fun to play around in the game MGS had things like solar gun, Doom has BFG, R&C games have the Ryno...etc etc)

Are you trying to say that there are great PvE rocket launchers in the game ? (and that Swords are completely not a replacement for them despite the more hands on approach to combat they have in TTK)

Are you trying to say Truth is used commonly outside of PvP?

I don't bloody know..because all you said was wut?

purg3

slept with Malkin
So what quest needs to be completed in order to do the raid? Is it just the Taken War: Earth where you kill the 3 named guys?

anybody holding off on spending marks to see what exotics slot Xur will have? hahaha

I got Helmet and Gauntlets needed to get Legendary but will wait and see if Xur sells gauntlets or helms tomorrow

I hope it's the Mysterio helmet or Stormcaller gauntlets

I am. I'm hoping for a year 2 Saint 14 (lol). If not, I'll buy it with marks come this weekend.

Well I just missed my 10am flight because I decided to fit in time to play the dailies before I left for the airport. Didnt expect a series of unfortunate events to occur on my way there (phantom traffic that wasnt on google maps, way more busier at airport than I expected, sloth like tsa lines). At least I got on another direct flight to Columbus at 12pm. It was all worth it.

Sitting in the terminal now when I'd rather be at home playing Destiny.

ocean

Banned
It would be better if you actually explained what you are trying to say.

Are you trying to say that no game should have an OP weapon ? (Which would be contradictory because every game focused around weapons has it since it's fun to play around in the game MGS had things like solar gun, Doom has BFG, R&C games have the Ryno...etc etc)
Are you trying to say Truth is used commonly outside of PvP?
Are you trying to say that there are good rocket launchers?

I don't fuckin know..because all you said was wut?
Depends on what OP means in this context. Should a game have stuff that feels really cool? For sure. Should it have a DPS outlier so far removed from the rest of the top tier baseline that using anything else is a handicap? Nah. Remember killing Valus or Skolas in a few seconds with Solar burn? Or doing a Daily Heroic mission where the boss take 4 rockets and dies? That's not fun, it's game breaking.

nOoblet16

Well it's
On Bungie the way everything is if you wanna look at it that way :p

And I think Rocket Launchers were never meant to be instawin solutions the way Horn was. I mean every other RL does the same damage and then you have this crazy outlier. They're still good at what I think their original intent was: quickly cleaning up an area. Places like the final room of Echo Chamber spawn a dozen Goblins who snipe at you with a passion, at the same time. A good Rocket can quickly save you there.

As for Truth going Year 2? They had 3 Launchers. One is dogshit, the other breaks the game. Third is a beautiful compromise :p I'm sure it'll be the only Year 2 RL with Tracking + Proximity Det. + Tripod so it'll remain king of PvP.

And as for why upgrade a PvP only weapon? Because a lot of people play more PvP than anything else :p same reason for bringing TLW forward.

The fact is Horn was meant to be like that...Bungie themselves said that Horn was suppose to be a DPS king and outlier but they didn't want people to exlude others from playing because they didn't have the Horn (And this is on them because they made their enemies need high DPS). It's the only reason why it was the most detailed Exotic in the game (the number of wolves on the gun is the number of days the artist had to work on its design)

And for PvP, I mean outside of special event level advantages are disabled so what's the point. TLW being a primary meant it saw more usage than the likes of Truth. I like that TLW is year 2, but I wouldn't have cared if Truth wasn't since I know I'd have used something else even in IB/Trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom