• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me a sad panda ;_; It was almost perfect.

PSA for TLW/Chaperone Quest: you only have to kill each Shield Brother once. It doesn't even have to be during the same attempt and you don't need to finish the Strike (exactly like Thorn Phoggoth). So you could kill the Red Brother with shotguns, wipe, then kill the Blue Brother and leave the Strike with the bounty complete. Makes it much easier.

Also, bring a Void shotgun if at all possible. Those void shielded Psions are a serious pain.

How do you do the first part? I had 4 kills and 1 death but it only counted as 1%?

If you fail an attempt at a Court of Oryx mission do you lose that item or do you get to attempt it again? I keep thinking I should just start one up and see if people come flocking my way but I don't want to burn the attempt.

Last night I finished the quest to kill 3 VIPs on each planet... It listed as rewarding Legendary Marks, but I got none. Anyone else?

New page same question.

Also has anyone experience a strike streak bonus?

ocean

Banned
You sure love telling everybody what to do/calling people children huh

you aint nobody dad, dude
I don't have children, but I'd be depressed if the level of discourse my offspring leveled when they had a complaint to air amounted to an insult. But whatever, I'm out.

Wallach

New page same question.

Also has anyone experience a strike streak bonus?

Yeah. You always get Vanguard Streak after finishing your first strike in a playlist, and it stays active until you manually return to orbit. It shows up on your character panel like the NF buff did.

What have you guys been doing to go beyond 280 light. Just farming blues and then either wearing them or infusing your legendaries? Only use I have for vendor gear now is to get the exact stats I want. Might save marks for a few weapons first though.

Also, asked earlier but no response. Is there any way of purchasing or targeting artefacts ? Mine is still 250. My lowest piece by far.

Im sorry that i used the f word if i lost my temper a bit after wasting 50 minutes of my time ocean. Wasnt really meant to mean anything.

Falifax what is your psn?

Anyone wondering about The Chaperone mission, when you go into the strike, it matchmaker you with other people going for the same thing. Thank you Bungie!

Also the last step is a waiting game. It says wait till the weekly reset (at the moat).

MrDaravon

So I just had a 2.42 (22 - 9) k/d match and somehow went from 14% to 51%. This makes no goddamn sense. Maybe you only get 1% for non-TLW kills but more for actual TLW kills or something?

Wow, Court of Oryx is super fun once other players start showing up. We had 5 people doing the second tier (240 light) and it was frantic and a good challenge. Can't imagine how hard the higher tiers are.

So I beat the Crota raid for the first time and got a rocket launcher that is garbage compared to new greens and blues.

They really need to change the rewards for the VOG and Crota raids. Some of the hardest content in the game should not be rewarding garbage.

They're not. VoG and CE runs from now on will be for shards/fun.

So new page repost

Any spot for a ODST for Raid come tomorrows launch?
CPHHdSzUsAQ_S25.jpg:large

Anywhere to sign up?
I'm not attached to a group right now, but I wanna raid tomorrow. I'm available starting gmt+2 19.00.

Trickster

Wow, Court of Oryx is super fun once other players start showing up. We had 5 people doing the second tier (240 light) and it was frantic and a good challenge. Can't imagine how hard the higher tiers are.

Sorry about that tier 2 we failed. Didn't realize until my tier 1 afterwards that you were supposed to kite the hive knight next to the taken knights. Thought it had to be another hive knight :|

and yeah, seems like good fun, are all 6 status a seperate tier? Always thought there were only 3 tiers

This made me a sad panda ;_; It was almost perfect.

PSA for TLW/Chaperone Quest: you only have to kill each Shield Brother once. It doesn't even have to be during the same attempt and you don't need to finish the Strike (exactly like Thorn Phoggoth). So you could kill the Red Brother with shotguns, wipe, then kill the Blue Brother and leave the Strike with the bounty complete. Makes it much easier.

Also, bring a Void shotgun if at all possible. Those void shielded Psions are a serious pain.

what quest is this? how do I get it?

Wallach

Sorry about that tier 2 we failed. Didn't realize until my tier 1 afterwards that you were supposed to kite the hive knight next to the taken knights. Thought it had to be another hive knight :|

You don't lose the rune if you fail, at least, so it generally isn't a big deal.

neoism

Should probably mention this to those that plan to raid this weekend.

There is a quest line... well 4 actually.

- The Taken War: Earth
- The Taken War: Venus
- The Taken War: Mars
- The Blighted Worlds

After you complete those, the last part is to
Do the Kings Fall Raid & Kill Oryx, as well as some other bosses. As the reward you get a shader, emblem, and some gear.

Just a friendly PSA ;)
:( holy shit

earth was hard solo... sure it will only get harder.. llv244 now..

noomi

So if you do the Daily 3 times with the same character, you will get the rewards 3x? (That is ofcourse if you have 2 other alts)

Sorry should have been more clear, it's a bit confusing.

- Daily Story/Crucible are account wide, you can only do it once.
- Weekly Heroic is account wide, you can do it 3 times for one character to receive 10marks each time, and 1 legendary engram the first time per character.
- Nightfall is per character, works the same way it did before, you do not get a xp buff anymore though.

FFMafia

They should at least award appropriately leveled gear, not level 20 year one legendaries. If you disagree with that you're just defending the game out of some strange sense of loyalty.

There are people that like collecting out dated stuff. Ever played wow? Every old raid doesn't just drop equivalent strength to the newest content. It's a good way for people to collect year one exotics too. Everyone has different goals.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
There's going to be some catch with Xur tomorrow, I just know it LOL. Like, you'll need some unique mat to get the exotics up to 280 and there wont be enough time to farm it before the raid.

Sorry should have been more clear, it's a bit confusing.

- Daily Story/Crucible are account wide, you can only do it once.
- Weekly Heroic is account wide, you can do it 3 times for one character to receive 10marks each time, and 1 legendary engram the first time per character.
- Nightfall is per character, works the same way it did before, you do not get a xp buff anymore though.

so weekly heroic is guaranteed 3 legendary as long as I have three able characters?

cool.

Nowise10

Few people complain about this game more than I do.

That's not the same as insulting, which adds nothing, serves for nothing, is disrespectful to the devs who are real people and post here, and serves to further the perception that we're all assholes when only some of us are.

Don't listen to those guys lol. I don't understand how anyone can think saying "fuck bungie" because they couldn't kill an enemy fast enough is reasonable.

and yeah, seems like good fun, are all 6 status a seperate tier? Always thought there were only 3 tiers

Ah, no big deal about one loss. I had so much loot I could literally not carry much more. Got my exotic scout rifle for finally finishing the Petra stuff. Good fun.

And yeah it might make more sense for only three statues to be tiers.

I'm gonna have to play a lot today after work if I want to be raid ready tomorrow. Might just have to wait until the weekend instead. 267 light now so I can almost do the NF and I haven't done the CoO yet. So many quests to do and I haven't gotten a year 2 exotic yet.

So much to do and I love it.

TyrantII

So I beat the Crota raid for the first time and got a rocket launcher that is garbage compared to new greens and blues.

They really need to change the rewards for the VOG and Crota raids. Some of the hardest content in the game should not be rewarding garbage.

I Solo Flawlessed Crota as a 32 in D1.0. Hard is relative.

:)

They should at least award appropriately leveled gear, not level 20 year one legendaries. If you disagree with that you're just defending the game out of some strange sense of loyalty.

Huh? I wasn't defending it at all, it just is what it is. Bungie said they weren't updating them so there's not much to say about it. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom