• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

So what quest needs to be completed in order to do the raid? Is it just the Taken War: Earth where you kill the 3 named guys?

I am. I'm hoping for a year 2 Saint 14 (lol). If not, I'll buy it with marks come this weekend.
You have to kill the guys on earth, then stuff on Venus, then stuff on Mars.

MrDaravon

I really wish assists counted towards this TLW quest, the amount of times I will shotgun + melee someone then somehow just get an assist is infuriating lol. My light level is low enough (221) where I'm getting slight upgrades from drops doing this at least, but 17% after an hour is pretty demoralizing.

Oh also getting hit with the bow while you're in your super will take you out of it, I got immediately knocked out of bladedancing once with that.

ocean

Banned
The fact is Horn was meant to be like that...Bungie themselves said that Horn was suppose to be a DPS king and outlier but they didn't want people to exlude others from playing because they didn't have the Horn. (And this is on them because they made their enemies need high DPS)

It's the only reason why it's the most detailed Exotic in the game (the number of wolves on the gun is the number of days the artist had to work on its design)
That's not the reason they nerfed it. If you don't want it to be exclusionary you just have to sell it. Which they did...after a whole year. Post Xursday with Horn, I can't recall running a single Strike with someone who didn't have it.

It didn't "solve" the problem because it was never the problem in the first place. The real issue was that it placed them against the wall: they either designed content which assumed everyone had it, therefore raising health and actually creating this exclusionary situation where you need it because a boss was designed around it, or they designed encounters around the baseline and let this outlier make it trivial.

They went with the second, and after selling it they only exacerbated the issue of it trivializing content.

"There was a bug late in the development of Destiny where the trails didn't appear for the sub-munitions of Gjallarhorn, so you couldn't see what it was doing and it wasn't this spectacular display that it is now. However, the bug didn't get logged as, 'This doesn't look awesome." It got logged as 'isn't powerful enough.'"
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...the-tricks-to-balancing-destinys-weapons.aspx

They always intended for it to be special, but as with many things, I'm positive their play testing didn't reveal the actual consequence of having everyone on a team use this thing. Single portal Atheon, pre-debuff Skolas kills, solo Crota...this thing absolutely broke Year 1 PvE.

If you fail an attempt at a Court of Oryx mission do you lose that item or do you get to attempt it again? I keep thinking I should just start one up and see if people come flocking my way but I don't want to burn the attempt.

Last night I finished the quest to kill 3 VIPs on each planet... It listed as rewarding Legendary Marks, but I got none. Anyone else?

R0ckman

I think the heroic strike with the harpy just has too much going on. I think preventing attempts to get breathing room from the constant influx of adds along with the cheaply positioned hobgoblin snipers, its frustrating when I'm dealing with adds hiding in a corner die, check out the other people in my fire team and they are all stuck in some corner hoping they don't die.

Just curious is there any point in having multiple characters now?

Dailies are 1 clear per account, right?

Weeklies are ×3, but can be done with one character.

Same with NF.

I'm not complaining I'm just contemplating whether I need to even bother with the other classes now (Titan is freaking awesome now and they have great balance/utility). Simply because this expansion is massive and the thought of doing all this stuff I've been doing more than once is lol funny. There is just no way I can see myself doing it.

Sullichin

I tried to do a weekly heroic at 246 light... got the new Valus strike and gave up in the first big room with Taken. On the old strike everyone used to just rush past that room.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Same with NF.

I'm not complaining I'm just contemplating whether I need to even bother with the other classes now (Titan is freaking awesome now and they have great balance/utility). Simply because this expansion is massive and the thought of doing all this stuff I've been doing more than once is lol funny. There is just no way I can see myself doing it.

The raid, right? 3 times raid loot?

ocean

Banned
I think the heroic strike with the harpy just has too much going on. I think preventing attempts to get breathing room from the constant influx of adds along with the cheaply positioned hobgoblin snipers, its frustrating when I'm dealing with adds hiding in a corner die, check out the other people in my fire team and they are all stuck in some corner hoping they don't die.
Did this on Heroic yesterday. Took a while. Luckily both my team mates were better players than I am.

Basically we figured out a strat by the end. While the boss is shielded you can still aggro him by shooting him. Two people duck behind cover and pop shots at the boss to keep him firing you so the third can safely move the energy thing. Save your heavy ammo for the mobs that spawn and just snipe the boss. The time window is brief so don't wait to reload your sniper unless it's got super good reload, I just emptied my clip then shot with my primary. Then back to rotating, taking cover, and keeping him focused on you two while the third repeats the process.

It's my favorite boss in the game as long as I'm not with randoms :p

Also thanks to Driz and friends for the Court and Chaperone stuff . Shame I cocked up the boss kill :p

This made me a sad panda ;_; It was almost perfect.

PSA for TLW/Chaperone Quest: you only have to kill each Shield Brother once. It doesn't even have to be during the same attempt and you don't need to finish the Strike (exactly like Thorn Phoggoth). So you could kill the Red Brother with shotguns, wipe, then kill the Blue Brother and leave the Strike with the bounty complete. Makes it much easier.

Also, bring a Void shotgun if at all possible. Those void shielded Psions are a serious pain.

Same with NF.

Not sure about that, that the NF can be run 3x on one toon. Would love confirmation.

Running 3 characters seems like it's much more hardcore than it was before. The only other thing is running alts gets you quests for swords and exotics. And weekly raid drops.

I'm not complaining. THIS IS A GOOD CHANGE. I'm a Titan at heart and now I get to play that way too.

noomi

Same with NF.

Nightfall is once per character, it is not tied to account.

Dailies, Weeklies (x3) are account bound now.

Sullichin

This made me a sad panda ;_; It was almost perfect.

PSA for TLW/Chaperone Quest: you only have to kill each Shield Brother once. It doesn't even have to be during the same attempt and you don't need to finish the Strike (exactly like Thorn Phoggoth). So you could kill the Red Brother with shotguns, wipe, then kill the Blue Brother and leave the Strike with the bounty complete. Makes it much easier.

Also, bring a Void shotgun if at all possible. Those void shielded Psions are a serious pain.

Do you have to land the killing blow with a shotgun? Is this possible to solo by rushing in and killing one at a time?

Arrrammis

I really hope that the first part of the raid is open so that people on patrol could jump in and help with the first part, like in VoG.

Also we could run over to the court of Oryx with 6 people, that would be great.

the nightfall has actual checkpoints now? for some reason i thought that they just changed it so you start right back at the beginning instead of going all the way out to orbit.

ocean

Banned

Same with NF.

Eventually you'll be done with your main. As in, completed all the quests. Then you can slowly work on your alts. Keeping 3 characters allows:

1. 3x nvm I thought NF was still 3x :p
2. 3x Raid Loot
3. 3x Gunsmith orders
4. 3 Sword hype
5. Weekly Heroic can be done 3x on the same character and it'll pay 10 Marks each time. But it only gives a guaranteed Legendary Engram the first time per week per character, so the optimal way is still 1x per character per week
6. Trials of Osiris will likely remain character and not account based

Most importantly: all the classes are fun :) the game is much more varied when you switch up play styles

Really enjoyed playing TTK so far. Had 130 or so Legendary Marks. Last thing before getting off yesterday I decided to go for some faction packages. Needed to convert shards to motes at the Speaker, so I'm spamming the button, and next thing you know I accidently bought two of the same god damn cloaks at 60 marks each. Such a let down. Be careful out there guys.

I accidentally bought 75 mark gauntlets right before I logged off. Feels bad man.

oh well.

lets have a wasted marks pity party.

MrDaravon

The TLW quest has to be bugged in how it's counting kills from other sources. I just went into a match at 17%, I had a 1.31 k/d and came out at 14%. Seriously fuck this.

Also practically every person in every game is using TLW, pretty obvious what people are doing lol

R0ckman

Did this on Heroic yesterday. Took a while. Luckily both my team mates were better players than I am.

Basically we figured out a strat by the end. While the boss is shielded you can still aggro him by shooting him. Two people duck behind cover and pop shots at the boss to keep him firing you so the third can safely move the energy thing. Save your heavy ammo for the mobs that spawn and just snipe the boss. The time window is brief so don't wait to reload your sniper unless it's got super good reload, I just emptied my clip then shot with my primary. Then back to rotating, taking cover, and keeping him focused on you two while the third repeats the process.

It's my favorite boss in the game as long as I'm not with randoms :p

Yeah that's what I mean its not a good strike with matchmaking

kind of sucks that using year 1 stuff in crucible ruins the level of the stuff you get. i guess they really want to do away with year one stuff.

For fucks sake the fucking champion despawned with 1%< health left. Fuck bungie and their implementation of this shit. If the champion is at 10% or less he shouldnt fucking despawn.

Bloodsent

Sitting at LL286 right now. Can't seem to get a better artifact than a rare 244, while I see people running around with legendary 290s.

Any activities that seem to be more appropriate for artifact drops?

ZOONAMI

So I beat the Crota raid for the first time and got a rocket launcher that is garbage compared to new greens and blues.

They really need to change the rewards for the VOG and Crota raids. Some of the hardest content in the game should not be rewarding garbage.

ocean

Banned
So if you do the Daily 3 times with the same character, you will get the rewards 3x? (That is ofcourse if you have 2 other alts)
Daily only pays out 1 time, doesn't matter which character you use. Same with PvP Daily.

Weekly Heroic pays Marks 3 times. You can do it 3x on one character and you'll get Marks each time but a Legendary Engram is only guaranteed the first time per week per character. So for the Marks AND purples you'd have to do one on each character.

Falifax

For fucks sake the fucking champion despawned with 1%< health left. Fuck bungie and their implementation of this shit. If the champion is at 10% or less he shouldnt fucking despawn.

I'm on the same page, trying to kill a champion in the Rocketyard with no luck.

Feel free to join, I'll be waiting in the Rocketyard.

Tovarisc

Why we can't do Nightfall 3x on same character for rewards, after all Weekly gives 3x rewards on same character so no need to grind with alts :/

Lnkn52

Daily only pays out 1 time, doesn't matter which character you use. Same with PvP Daily.

Weekly Heroic pays Marks 3 times. You can do it 3x on one character and you'll get Marks each time but a Legendary Engram is only guaranteed the first time per week per character. So for the Marks AND purples you'd have to do one on each character.

TY
How about NFs?

ocean

Banned
Why can't we complain about Bungie/the game...?
Few people complain about this game more than I do.

That's not the same as insulting, which adds nothing, serves for nothing, is disrespectful to the devs who are real people and post here, and serves to further the perception that we're all assholes when only some of us are.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So new page repost

Any spot for a ODST for Raid come tomorrows launch?
CPHHdSzUsAQ_S25.jpg:large

Anywhere to sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom