• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a big part of the problem is people are forgetting they have 3 subclasses. That Warsat is a perfect place for a Titan bubble or Invisible Bladedancer for ex. That, and randoms suck :p

We were getting absolutely wrecked there yesterday, but 2/3 people were 20+ Light below. We had to quit to orbit and do another. Undying Mind was a breeze, zero wipes.

That was the strike I had success with too. Took a while but no wipes.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It's kinda bullshit that you can triple jump straight up the air long before a Taken phalanx does his shield blast and it still pushes you.

For the Petra Taken War quest line where is says to kill champions with a fireteam, does it still work if you kill them while not in a fireteam?

Yes, it's just a recommendation. They can be really tough solo, but there is usually 1-2 other people in the zone waiting to kill them too so it's pretty manageable.

This has to be bugged. I had 53%. I went on a killing spree, died, and I was at 50%. And yes TLW was equipped. Also I went up over 35% that one game despite only having 22 kills in that match (and even ignoring my 9 deaths). Goddamn this is infuriating.

Does it just need to be equipped for the quest, or does it have to be active? Like does holding TLW and using a grenade or super count? Does having it equipped and using a rocket count? or is it just kills with TLW?

I got this fusion rifle from a gunsmith quest. It's 280 damage and it's element will change for a short period of time depending on what subclass abilities you use.

lt519

So how many fragments does everyone have? Anyone get all 50 yet? I'm only at 10 but haven't done to much exploring yet.

Also any point in ranking the gunsmith beyond 1?

is normal raid 260 light?

We won't know till tomorrow but all indications are that normal raid is going to start at light 290 and probably go up to 300 by the end. I'd assume 285 (290 really) is the minimum for the raid.

Someone is up to 35 fragments on the dreadnaught, apparently at 30 Eris starts a new quest. I don't think anyone has found all 50 yet, maybe some are in the raid or something.

Okay it's my goal to get that exotic warlock-exclusive exotic from the gunsmith before the raid.

Problem is I need to rank up to 3 first. goddammit

This has to be bugged. I had 53%. I went on a killing spree, died, and I was at 50%. And yes TLW was equipped. Also I went up over 35% that one game despite only having 22 kills in that match (and even ignoring my 9 deaths). Goddamn this is infuriating.

I think it is bugged. Someone here mentioned to me to just equip TLW when you have your super or heavy and unequip it otherwise. That way you have no chance of the percentage going down.

Nuszka

1460279_1081490385202634_4777308613459925448_n.jpg

12011327_1081490388535967_6674539013447869184_n.jpg

Almost ready for 2x raid but still need to do the quest line to access it on my titan though, I'm only at second main story mission with him lol.
Oh and i absolutely love those chainsaw gauntlets on my titan, crazy cool looking. So shiny so chrome... Especially in the pit with Darkblade.

I think it is bugged. Someone here mentioned to me to just equip TLW when you have your super or heavy and unequip it otherwise. That way you have no chance of the percentage going down.
That's pretty good advice. Gonna do that when I get around to doing that quest. Not too bothered to get that shotgun though.

lt519

Almost ready for 2x raid but still need to do the quest line to access it on my titan though, I'm only at second main story mission with him lol.

Just curious, how many hours have you put in? That's gotta be super efficient/lucky to have two that high light level or you played for 2 days straight? No offense meant, I've put in like 20 hours and I don't even have one that high and I'm a pretty good PvE player.

MrDaravon

1.0 K/D, and I just dropped from 50% to 44%. THIS MAKES NO SENSE

I don't think people understand, my OCD is crippling enough where I literally cannot do anything else until I get this done, I have touched nothing else in this game now. I would pay actual real life money to have this done. The fact that I am breaking even or going positive and the % goes down sometimes is really really not helping

Just curious, how many hours have you put in? That's gotta be super efficient/lucky to have two that high light level or you played for 2 days straight?
Once you get your first character geared up getting the other one isn't too challenging since you can share weapons and give the alt character high level armor infusion fuel.

Nuszka

Just curious, how many hours have you put in? That's gotta be super efficient/lucky to have two that high light level or you played for 2 days straight?

My lock that would be about 20 hours or so, titan though 1,5 hours lol but i was stocked on everything beforehand.

ich00

I'm binning everything but a few PvP stuffs and VoC, Fatebringer, Black Hammer. I just don't see most of this stuff being useful even if they someday let us ascend it.

That's what I'm thinking: keep raid weapons, most are fun and I'll use them in fun runs of VoG and Crota, hang onto my good rolled PvP stuffs, everything else is meh. Then again I sharded an awesome LDR, Prudence, and Longbow Synthesis before I knew they were top tier PvP.

Anyone else still hanging onto Y1 non-raid legendaries?

Swords are sooooooooo good.
Yeah, I'm a believer after using mine in salvage yesterday. Wipe out the whole opposition 3 times and still have heavy ammo left? Don't mind if I do.

Running around throwing smoke grenades, shooting people with my bow, whipping out my sword, all while wearing my feather cape. Felt so badass. Nightstalker is best class.

Nuszka

1.0 K/D, and I just dropped from 50% to 44%. THIS MAKES NO SENSE

I don't think people understand, my OCD is crippling enough where I literally cannot do anything else until I get this done, I have touched nothing else in this game now. I would pay actual real life money to have this done. The fact that I am breaking even or going positive and the % goes down sometimes is really really not helping

Kills with a different weapon or ability give you 1, deaths though reduce it at 2%

Does it just need to be equipped for the quest, or does it have to be active? Like does holding TLW and using a grenade or super count? Does having it equipped and using a rocket count? or is it just kills with TLW?
You just need to make any kills with the last word equipped. I have been doing it slow by equipping TLW when I have my super or heavy, get kills then unequip by doing that you don't lose progress on the bounty.

rNilla

one thing I need to learn is what old guns I should keep. should I just shard them all?

I think there's at least one quest where you need to shard legendaries to progress. Year 1 stuff counts. I'd hold onto stuff for now unless you are desperate for space. Year 1 exotics can probably be safely dismantled unless there are ones you like and want to hold onto. You can always buy them back for marks.

noomi

Oh and i absolutely love those chainsaw gauntlets on my titan, crazy cool looking. So shiny so chrome... Especially in the pit with Darkblade.

You.... lucky..... son of a

:D

That's what I'm thinking: keep raid weapons, most are fun and I'll use them in fun runs of VoG and Crota, hang onto my good rolled PvP stuffs, everything else is meh. Then again I sharded an awesome LDR, Prudence, and Longbow Synthesis before I knew they were top tier PvP.

Just my Dreamwaker, Her Benevolence, and The Messenger. For PvP.

lt519

My lock that would be about 20 hours or so, titan though 1,5 hours lol but i was stocked on everything beforehand.

Sounds about right, I'm on the cusp of getting there. I have a bunch of marks and will get the NF done tonight. So probably around 25 hours for me.

Make sure to hold onto a couple legendaries of each weapon type for the gunsmith rank 2 quests. You need to dismantle rares and legendaries for them.

I just ended a match positive again but dropped 8%. I don't....I don't understand lol.
Kills on their own are essentially worthless, especially after you cross the 50% mark. Your deaths just take too much away. You have to concentrate on getting at least a 5 kill streak. The rate goes up dramatically if you can pull off a 10 or 15, but a string of 5s without too many deaths inbetween will work, just takes a long time.

Holy shit, just got Zhalo supercell auto rifle from a legendary after leveling up Master Rahool. For those of you who don't know it's the arc looking AK auto rifle! :) I guess this makes up for not getting my exotic scout rifle after doing that quest

MrDaravon

Kills on their own are essentially worthless, especially after you cross the 50% mark. Your deaths just take too much away. You have to concentrate on getting at least a 5 kill streak. The rate goes up dramatically if you can pull off a 10 or 15, but a string of 5s without too many deaths inbetween will work, just takes a long time.

In my entire Destiny career I think I have gotten 2 10-kill streaks. I am actually starting to have an anxiety attack doing this, I keep going positive in games but my % keeps dropping

In my entire Destiny career I think I have gotten 2 10-kill streaks. I am actually starting to have an anxiety attack doing this, I keep going positive in games but my % keeps dropping
If you want to cheese it, keep TLW unequipped until you have super and heavy ammo. Use a machine gun, reequip TLW, and go as long as you can on your heavy ammo. If you have a streak, or close to it, pop super, then just keep using TLW as long as you can. Unequip it after you die. You won't lose progress with it unequipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom