• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... never played anything but a warlock up to lvl 34... starting fresh for my new character and cant decide on Hunter or Titan.

Any big pro's con's with the new subclasses for those two that would make the decision easier?

X-Frame

How do you find these relics?

Completely random. Story and patrol, basically PvE. First one popped randomly out of a hive on the moon during a TTK story mission and the 2nd this morning in Forgotten Shore from a Dreg.

They may have something to do with the Sleeper Stimulant. Apparently each relic jogs the Gunsmith's memory and eventually he will remember how to put the SS together for you.

Sioen

Does anyone else have problems with some of the quests after the main campaign, I'm finding them very difficult compared to the rest.

Tomorrow will be when us veterans really get out efforts rewarded.

Xur is gonna hook us up. A year two exotic for all classes plus a weapon. While all the new players will be scrambling for coins for one new piece of gear.

Stack? What?

Not 5 stacks, but 5 within a stack.

daIOpNq.png

Gonna do 36s and around number 9 or 10, use one of these.

X-Frame

Xur is gonna hook us up. A year two exotic for all classes plus a weapon. While all the new players will be scrambling for coins for one new piece of gear.

I'm buying whatever weapon and armor he has. Probably all the armor even though I currently only have 1 character. I can at least infuse a Warlock exotic chest piece in my Legendary Titan chest piece as a quick and dirty way to rank up.

Deku Tree

Ok so I warped up my light level today from like 250 to 280 using this method. It has been posted before here and there but I'm not sure whether many people are really doing it. Also not sure if the method really works or just placebo but it doesn't hurt.

The key idea of the method is that the new loot system gives you a sort of gear check when dropping blues or decrypting engrams. So the better your gear, the better more higher power drops you get.

So basically what you do is collect a bunch of engrams by playing the game normally. Then go to the cryptarch but before you decrypt anything be sure to equip your maximum light level gear to be as high as possible. Then decrypt each engram one at a time. Then check it, and if it's higher light level then equip it. Then decrypt your next engram. Rinse and repeat. Doing that got me from 250 to 280 in a few hours of play time.

Also I hear that Blues from other classes can be infused with similar gear (so a hunter can infuse their chest piece with a higher powered warlock chest piece) (I haven't checked this yet myself, since I'm just playing on Warlock right now.) Thus you should really try to keep all or most of your discarded gear in order to increase your light level on your alts more quickly.

jaaz

I will genuinely laugh if Xur brings Ghorn tomorrow. Then I will cry.

ZOONAMI

There's so much new stuff to do it's hard for me to care. Sorry. I'm just not one of those people that complains for the sake of complaining (not saying you are). I did my time in VoG and CE. I'm happy to have new things to do.

Ok, but not everyone has done VOG, Crota, or HoW. You'll run out of things to do in TKK soon enough. And yeah I'm not complaining just to complain, I'm pointing out a really fucking stupid design decision to have 2 distinct light level systems running in the same game.

Ophelion

Oh, I don't think I ever mentioned, but I did in fact get a Hawkmoon from the veteran quest line. I had a friend over and she laughed at me when it dropped. Said I made a sound like a girl getting surprise proposed to by her SO.

What can I say, it was all I still wanted from the year one gear. It carried me through most of TTK story missions. Still awesome.

I can now go The Full Hawk with my hunter. Joy!

Is anyone else that originally purchased the Season Pass at launch, that included expansions I and II, not getting the Veteran's Tour quest to show up?

MrDaravon

My wife is literally making me leave the house because I am stressing out so bad over this :(. I can confirm though that you do get 3% towards the TLW challenge for match completions, but ONLY for wins. So in theory you can indeed have it unequipped the whole time and just equip it at the very end and that works, but the % hits RIGHT when the match ends so you need to be in-game and make sure you're not gonna die.

After 3 hours and going positive (some games way positive) all but 2 or 3 games I'm at 39%. This quest is horseshit lol. I guess when I get back I'm just gonna play a shitload of Crucible and hope I get paired with randoms that aren't shit so we can win matches. That's 21 wins I'll need, ffs. At least I just got my first purple armor engram from this, and xp seems to be pretty decent in Crucible from kills, so it's not a wash.

BraXzy

Anyone up for a heroic 260 strike? Don't want to lose my vanguard streak and a player has dropped. Message me AnX IReCoiLz

Come get ya legendary ENGRAMS!

Stayed up until 3:30am doing heroic vanguard strikes. Did 5 in a row and on the 5th I got 25 marks instead of 10.

Went from 240 -> 265

FeelsGoodMan

What is the recommended light for Nightfall?

Marvel

could never
Ahhh that TLW pvp quest was a bitch, glad it's over. Mannaged to finish it last night but now I gotta find 15k glimmer. Slowly getting there.

jaaz

My wife is literally making me leave the house because I am stressing out so bad over this :(. I can confirm though that you do get 3% towards the TLW challenge for match completions, but ONLY for wins. So in theory you can indeed have it unequipped the whole time and just equip it at the very end and that works, but the % hits RIGHT when the match ends so you need to be in-game and make sure you're not gonna die.

After 3 hours and going positive (some games way positive) all but 2 or 3 games I'm at 39%. This quest is horseshit lol. I guess when I get back I'm just gonna play a shitload of Crucible and hope I get paired with randoms that aren't shit so we can win matches. That's 21 wins I'll need, ffs. At least I just got my first purple armor engram from this, and xp seems to be pretty decent in Crucible from kills, so it's not a wash.

Wow, it didn't seem so bad when she first handed me the quest talking about the family shotgun. What a nightmare.

Deku Tree

Oh so apparently people are getting three full fire teams into the Dreadnaught for Court of Oryx by the following method.

So first off trying juice the matchmaking is horrible and doesn't work.

Instead people load into the Dreadnaught with a group of three. Then they find blueberries in their instance, and they send the blueberries a PSN message asking them to let one of their friends join, and then asking the blueberry to leave... The friend then brings in two friends. If you can successfully do this with two people then you have three full fire teams for CoO.

Yeah sounds like Destiny is now a full blown MMO.

X-Frame

Guys how are Fusion Rifles in PvE now? Haven't seen them much in PvP, though I guess it's difficult for people to get rid of their shotguns.

For PvE, just curious because I ordered the Armsday Fusion Rifle but I am thinking about deleting it and ordering another weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom