• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

lol, Bungie going hard with the Seahawks references this expansion. "A Northwesternly wind is blowing" indeed.

Marshawn Lynch confirmed Raid Boss:

marshawn-skittles.gif

DNAbro

Got a year 2 thunderlord from a legendary enegram I got from doing a heroic strike.(which was hell cause one person didn't understand the mechanic of medusa's stare.) First year 2 exotic! Also do you guys know how the Hunger Pangs quest is activated and what's reward is? I got it seemingly randomly after talking to Eris.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
God, I feel so left behind. I didn't play yet since I have a ton of homework and now everyone's light is super high. I'm still at 216 on my hunter.

You just have to try and not compare yourself to the gaf lunatics with multiple 280+ characters already. There's plenty of content, play at your pace and get loot as it comes in.

I know it's hard, I am having the same problem. dat #FOMO.

MrDaravon

If you want to cheese it, keep TLW unequipped until you have super and heavy ammo. Use a machine gun, reequip TLW, and go as long as you can on your heavy ammo. If you have a streak, or close to it, pop super, then just keep using TLW as long as you can. Unequip it after you die. You won't lose progress with it unequipped.

This assumes I'm ever able to get kills with my super or heavy ammo, which is almost never. Outside of the netcode and shit weapon balancing my main problem with the PvP in this is that there's simply way too much shit that can one-shot you that you can't possibly plan for. In my last 5 games I would say I've gotten one super kill because every time I pop my super someone has a super that beats mine and I'm just immediately fucked. Destiny is the only PvP game I've played in the last 15+ years that I haven't had a minimum of a 1.5 k/d at the very very least, and that's why. You can do map control to an extent, but supers along with the (IMO) very poor way heavy ammo drops are managed just make it way too easy to get completely fucked by something outside of your control. Destiny is super close to having awesome PvP that I would love, but that holds it back for me.

I'm at 3 hours and I'm way back down to 35%.

In my entire Destiny career I think I have gotten 2 10-kill streaks. I am actually starting to have an anxiety attack doing this, I keep going positive in games but my % keeps dropping

This quest only supports dropping PVP altogether in this game. This has to be one of the most unbalanced and all around unenjoyable experience ever with a multiplayer game I've ever had.

Sadly about half the game is locked behind PVP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*stretch* Alright. Going out for some lunch, then it's jumping in until my hands cain't plays no more.
The Omolon FR4 dropped for me yesterday from an engram. It's a monster. Mine has hand laid stock as well, so that's max stability, close to max impact.
yessss I'm soo glad it's that archetype. Can't wait.
Hmm... this gun seems kind of familiar...
WANT! What's that hive symbol perk?
I'm a huge fan of the distributed damage and extra orb generation for PvE myself. Allthough that triple bow shot is cool as fuck.
Nightstalker perks are all really appealing. It's a great spread of choices. Om nom nom.

Deku Tree

Yeah I hate the echo chamber strike mechanic with randoms. The boss fight has full on raid mechanics. Too easy to wipe. It needs a nerf.

Yeah I hate the echo chamber strike mechanic with randoms. The boss fight has full on raid mechanics. Too easy to wipe. It needs a nerf.

I think its too new, give people at least week and it will be fine.

however this reinforced the no raid matchmaking that bungie talks about, it would be a disaster.

P44

So I just had a 2.42 (22 - 9) k/d match and somehow went from 14% to 51%. This makes no goddamn sense. Maybe you only get 1% for non-TLW kills but more for actual TLW kills or something?

Get more points for streaks as well, so if that 22-9 was mostly one or two streaks, you'll be rolling in points.

X-Frame

How many more steps in the Varicks quest line until I get the Boolean? I just got his "first" one where I have to thin the Fallen on a few planets.

You just have to try and not compare yourself to the gaf lunatics with multiple 280+ characters already. There's plenty of content, play at your pace and get loot as it comes in.

I know it's hard, I am having the same problem. dat #FOMO.
True. I had made plans to play the raid tomorrow but I need to be a sufficient Light level.
Still ahead of me with my level 37 (?) and 2 level 34 :3
Haha, I didn't mean to sound so silly.
Yo. 200 on my highest light character. Relax.
Yeah you're right. I'll get on later today so it's whatever.

A couple of questions:
What light level will the raid be tomorrow?
Is it safe to delete year 1 exotics, they’ll be in the blueprints still right?

Gunsmith is my new favorite Tower vendor.

Some people dislike grinding Test weapons but i think it's a good way to get a feel for foundry guns and good to combine them with bounties as 2 birds w 1 stone.

I'm looking forward to nab that Scout Rifle because stats get better when Super is full which is good news for Sunsingers sitting on rez

X-Frame

Found another DVALIN relic for the Gunsmith today, another +200 Rep.

Apparently Rank 3 with the Gunsmith starts a quest for your classes exotic weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WaywaywaywayWAIT. You can infuse hunter armor using Titan armor or vice versa?

FUCKING SERIOISLY??????
like for seriously. When I get home I'm gonna put together a quick bullet cheat sheet of Light stuff based on what we've put together in the last 24 hours.
True. I had made plans to play the raid tomorrow but I need to be a sufficient Light level.

Haha, I didn't mean to sound so silly.

Yeah you're right. I'll get on later today so it's whatever.
Yeah just take it as it comes! As long as you're enjoying yourself while you play that's really all that matters.

Jinjo

Btw Hawkian, I think our old hype/complain sinoid curve needs an update. We hit a new hype-ceiling lol. Only an upward slope from here hopefully. We've gone to our promised Destiny lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom