• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Went home during lunch and had an awesome rumble match with the last word, chaperone here I come.....

Also... I completely suck with the sword in crucible, how do i swod?

Ikkarus

Just acquired a Antiquated Rune from the NF.

It recommends I should have 300 Light.....

The grind is real.

Has anyone attempted the hardest Court of Crota mission?

Just acquired a Antiquated Rune from the NF.

It recommends I should have 300 Light.....

The grind is real.

Has anyone attempted the hardest Court of Crota mission?

Tried it yesterday. We had six underleveled people and got wrecked. I wouldn't waste the rune until you have a team at 300 light or close.

Trying to test this omolon sniper that says to use on fallen captains. the one on venus isn't filling the weapon, the counter won't move

any ideas? is it too late to test weapons?

nOoblet16

That's not the reason they nerfed it. If you don't want it to be exclusionary you just have to sell it. Which they did...after a whole year. Post Xursday with Horn, I can't recall running a single Strike with someone who didn't have it.

It didn't "solve" the problem because it was never the problem in the first place. The real issue was that it placed them against the wall: they either designed content which assumed everyone had it, therefore raising health and actually creating this exclusionary situation where you need it because a boss was designed around it, or they designed encounters around the baseline and let this outlier make it trivial.

They went with the second, and after selling it they only exacerbated the issue of it trivializing content.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...the-tricks-to-balancing-destinys-weapons.aspx

They always intended for it to be special, but as with many things, I'm positive their play testing didn't reveal the actual consequence of having everyone on a team use this thing. Single portal Atheon, pre-debuff Skolas kills, solo Crota...this thing absolutely broke Year 1 PvE.

It is though, they said so in their notes.
As for pre debuff Skolas..shit was broken from the get go with modifiers/burns that were unfair.

eNZvbNv.png

Liamc723

Does every exotic weapon's attack start at 280? Because I have a 286 legendary auto rifle, and every exotic year 2 weapon blueprint I have begins at 280. What's the point in getting an exotic if they have a worse attack stat than what I already have?

Navy Bean

Trying to test this omolon sniper that says to use on fallen captains. the one on venus isn't filling the weapon, the counter won't move

I don't think it works on majors... I went to the moon and there's two captains that spawn regularly just past the first zone Archer's Line or something like that.

LordofPwn

solod the taken in the divide last night to complete that one quest. Felt good.
Got Banshee to Rank 3 yesterday too.
on last step of chaperone quest.

Only year 2 exotic i have is TLW.

today is gear up day, for tomorrow i raid.

288 Light.

DjRalford

I did this in about 10 minutes

Patrol earth
Go to top of the hill in mothyards

Kill vandals, then kill captain with sniper.

Go away from the doorway that leads to skywatch and jump on top of the little metal shack.

Captain will spawn in about 20 seconds, repeat until complete.

Oh btw, anyone trying to complete the petra quests for the exotic needs to be rank 3 with the queen before it will drop for you. Not sure if this has been mentioned. I did all the initial quest stages, waited a day for the final stage to become available, finished that and turned it in. The exotic did not drop until I did a couple bounties to get rank 3. Hope this helps.

Strider

Does every exotic weapon's attack start at 280? Because I have a 286 legendary auto rifle, and every exotic year 2 weapon blueprint I have begins at 280. What's the point in getting an exotic if they have a worse attack stat than what I already have?

The perks could make it useful in different situations. Light is important but it isn't everything.

plus you can always infuse items to buff the attack

Sullichin

Oh btw, anyone trying to complete the petra quests for the exotic needs to be rank 3 with the queen before it will drop for you. Not sure if this has been mentioned. I did all the initial quest stages, waited a day for the final stage to become available, finished that and turned it in. The exotic did not drop until I did a couple bounties to get rank 3. Hope this helps.

Damn I never ranked up the queen before because the rewards sucked.

Quite an issue I saw yesterday, standard legendary gear is 280 so far yet you can find blue gear with 296 item level.

I also saw a Hunter with 296 legendary pieces, so whats the raid's item level

Tecnniqe

Banned

How come rank 2 people got it then? >.>

Strider

My 1000 yard stare has unflinching... I've never had a sniper with that perk but I hope it's godly for crucible. It's the last perk and I'll definitely unlock it tonight

flkraven

Are you talking about the yellow bar one? Maybe they have to be regular captains. Try the one on venus that is over by the fallen/vex war on the way to the nexus strike.

LordofPwn

Doesnt work on majors or ultras. i went to rocket yards and 1-shot the captain that spawns by the entrance to King's Watch, also used it to do exotic sword quest when he doesnt spawn, and to kill hive with the other test weapons.

Can someone explain the increased tracking for Nightstalker re chests?

I was farming for my sword on the Dread, and I didn't notice anything different. Just found chests by blind luck, mostly.

LordofPwn

Quite an issue I saw yesterday, standard legendary gear is 280 so far yet you can find blue gear with 296 item level.

I also saw a Hunter with 296 legendary pieces, so whats the raid's item level

Blue and legendary gear can drop up to 300.
Year 2 exotics drop at 290, can be purchased at 280.

Assuming Raid gear drops at minimum 300, maybe 320 max?

Tecnniqe

Banned
No idea. I turned in the last quest and got nothing at rank 2. Did the bounties, went back at rank 3 and she gave it to me. Just something people might try if they didnt get it I guess.

Im sure i was told its bugged and may take up to 24 hours to appear regardless of level

Ikkarus

Tried it yesterday. We had six underleveled people and got wrecked. I wouldn't waste the rune until you have a team at 300 light or close.
Thanks for the reply.

So you can take a 6 man team in to the court with this particular rune?

Also if you lose then your rune disappears too?

Langy

Its weird that the old strikes i was bored of previously i now like doing, just due to the change up of enemies and their encounters. Just did the psion flayers and the first encounter was vex fighting taken, and pure chaos. Next was 3 cyclops in the next room. Was chaos and it actually felt rewarding again to beat the strike.

This was on the Vanguard heroic playlist.

So is there an actual reward for completing multiple strikes without leaving?

Navy Bean

Has anyone else had a quest not give credit/reset for completing steps?

I finished TTK story quest Tuesday and then yesterday I logged in and it was reset back to step 10. So I had to re-run the last 5 steps which is super annoying as I only have limited time to play this week.

nOoblet16

My 1000 yard stare has unflinching... I've never had a sniper with that perk but I hope it's godly for crucible. It's the last perk and I'll definitely unlock it tonight
You might not notice the difference at first but it does have a substantial enough effect if you are a sniper. It makes the recoil patter more predictable and the reticule doesn't moves as far from the centre as it does on snipers without unflinching.

It just dawned on me that you can't re-roll stuff anymore, can you? If not, what should I do with my 1088 motes of light? Should I hang onto them in case the patch that back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom