• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

it's crazy thinking about the feedback from Xur-upgraded exotics was so incredibly negative. Now, a couple of hours into TTK missions every item you previously had is pretty much obsolete with no hope of upgrading most of them, and most people seem happy. I'm fine with it, but also glad I didn't go crazy trying to nab the last few Y1 weapons I never got.

neoism

man i have to say as cool as the hunter bow super is its not really straight op like the hammer or lighting...:/ its more useful in pve than pvp...

thing ima restart a titan..

it's crazy thinking about the feedback from Xur-upgraded exotics was so incredibly negative. Now, a couple of hours into TTK missions every item you previously had is pretty much obsolete with no hope of upgrading most of them, and most people seem happy. I'm fine with it, but also glad I didn't go crazy trying to nab the last few Y1 weapons I never got.

Becaise now we have so many new weapons to try that aren't just reskins of old weapons

shamanick

man i have to say as cool as the hunter bow super is its not really straight op like the hammer or lighting...:/ its more useful in pve than pvp...

thing ima restart a titan..

New hunter super is amazing in PvE though. Orb generation is as good as a defender. Can't really see the viability in PvP myself.

Afrocious

When I get off work today, I'll get some people from here to go Taken Champion hunting on Earth.

I keep getting the one that's the Horn of Crota. I dunno how to get the other two to spawn. Anyone have any ideas?

FyreWulff

the book of sorrow tho

We are dying, father,” they said. “As many times as we can manage.”

“That’s adorably precocious.” Oryx shook out his new wings. “But why?”

Becaise now we have so many new weapons to try that aren't just reskins of old weapons

Plus the Xur upgrade shit was three months into the game and before the ascension mechanic. Most of us had only a few weeks to fully upgrade and actually play with those weapons before we were told...lol, that shit's worthless now. Pay up and/or just shard the junk.

It just dawned on me that you can't re-roll stuff anymore, can you? If not, what should I do with my 1088 motes of light? Should I hang onto them in case the patch that back in?

IB weapons will still reroll afaik. Plus we don't know what Xur will be selling tomorrow or what currency he will take.

TBH I did use a ton of motes to rank up with NM chasing shaders :p

Got up to level 3 with gunny and he let me place an additional gun order today.

So you don't have to place orders on the wednesday..thats cool

and he gave me a 294 Omolon scout...sweet

Protips

Use secondary/heavy weapons

Get multikills with super

Hipfire. Stop ADSing fummy. Mind your range back up and fire away.

If you arent confident in how a match is going then unequip TLW and you will no longer suffer a penalty

hipfire is trash. this gun was not buffed and it sucks really bad right now. it blows my mind that there are people who think it is better. it was a one man killing machine before and now it can't even kill one man.

tried doing the TLW quest this morning, thinking i needed 10 kills or something. then I saw after a kill it went up by a single percentage point. what?!?! no thanks

I played for 2 days straight and a feel left behind already on all this new content. everyone is talking about all sorts of stuff I have no idea about. not sure how much im liking TTK so far

SpecX

tried doing the TLW quest this morning, thinking i needed 10 kills or something. then I saw after a kill it went up by a single percentage point. what?!?! no thanks

Yeah, same feeling. I somehow got up to 16% then did the daily rift crucible match which got me destroyed every time and sent me back to 0. Feels like the Thorn bounty all over again.

noomi

The Last Word quest makes me very sweaty.

One more good match and I'm done, it feels like the thorn all over again D:

Samus4145

Sitting at 267 on one character. Hoping to get some heroics done tonight in time for tomorrow's raid. If that happens, I'll be looking for a spot. All my friends gave up on the game already.

BraXzy

Noooooooooo! I was right near the end of a heroic strike and Destiny crashed on me -.-

PSA: For anyone who doesn't know, heroic strikes are probably the best way to get gear. Each one I get a good number of blues, decent chance at a legendary enfram, and almost every time I've gotten 10 Legendary marks at the end too which is crazy good. So do them when you hit 260!

Nu mayb ur trash git gud

But in all seriousness it's pretty good with hipfire at close range. I usuay get kills easily when firing about 50% farther than shotgun range

i usually watch the player walk through the bullets looking like

Buff-kangaroo-poses.gif

Impulsor

I need help with a couple of quests. Level 40 and 41. Outbound signal and blighted coven, both on earth. Any help?

I'm on right now, psn id: Borque

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
been all around the tower, where can you buy the 280 vanguard ghost? I must be missing something

Noooooooooo! I was right near the end of a heroic strike and Destiny crashed on me -.-

PSA: For anyone who doesn't know, heroic strikes are probably the best way to get gear. Each one I get a good number of blues, decent chance at a legendary enfram, and almost every time I've gotten 10 Legendary marks at the end too which is crazy good. So do them when you hit 260!

The 10 marks are only for the first 3 you do per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom