• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread almost over, and here I am not even 200 light yet.

|OT♦31|
Get your rock off our thread
(Dialog from very early TTK)
|OT♦31| Dread Not the Dreadnaught

Noooooooooo! I was right near the end of a heroic strike and Destiny crashed on me -.-

PSA: For anyone who doesn't know, heroic strikes are probably the best way to get gear. Each one I get a good number of blues, decent chance at a legendary enfram, and almost every time I've gotten 10 Legendary marks at the end too which is crazy good. So do them when you hit 260!

If you do enough in a row without going back to orbit you get 25 marks instead of 10

Navy Bean

I am Light 232 and have around 100 marks. Any advice on whether I should buy the 280 Ghost or wait until I can buy a year 2 exotic...? My mind says wait but I'm itching to get to 240 and beyond.

Is Mayhem a weekend playlist now? Or is it like Iron Banner?

Thinking Mayhem would be my best bet towards The Last Word bounty. I racked up a ton of kills each game I played earlier this week.

noomi

I am Light 232 and have around 100 marks. Any advice on whether I should buy the 280 Ghost or wait until I can buy a year 2 exotic...? My mind says wait but I'm itching to get to 240 and beyond.

Heroic strikes and quests will get you gear you need to level up.

Save them marks :)

jesus, the amount of shit you have to do in crucible to unlock the shaxx bounties is ridiculous. i play tons of crucible, but holy shit. i can't imagine doing this on more than one character, which is a bummer because the bounties themselves seem pretty easy.

Damn, sorry fam earlier for the false advertising about getting the Hereafter exotic SR from a blue engram haha. It was a purp. Used it on heroic shield brothers strike. It's alright, seems more like a PVP sniper. Kinda fugly TBH.

Some of you nite owl's may have saw my post at 4am about how I wasted time with blueberries on The Undying Mind, and then I posted I got this at 9 after I got like 3 hours of sleep so I shouldn't have been really playing haha.

Bizazedo

I don't like how it seems to punish me for using normalized, better older gear in Crucible when it comes to drops. Makes me scramble to switch gear at the end.

I used a couple hundred getting faction packages

That's a good idea. Do any of the factions have a ballin' sniper rifle?

edit:

IB weapons will still reroll afaik. Plus we don't know what Xur will be selling tomorrow or what currency he will take.

TBH I did use a ton of motes to rank up with NM chasing shaders :p

Guess I'll hold on to some for IB. I don't like the exotic engram gambling with Xur. The house always wins.

matmanx1

That's what I'm thinking: keep raid weapons, most are fun and I'll use them in fun runs of VoG and Crota, hang onto my good rolled PvP stuffs, everything else is meh. Then again I sharded an awesome LDR, Prudence, and Longbow Synthesis before I knew they were top tier PvP.

Anyone else still hanging onto Y1 non-raid legendaries?

Yeah until I get replacements I see no reason to shard that stuff. Old content is still very doable with good year 1 guns. I still have at least half a page of the vault with legendaries.

Holy shit, just got Zhalo supercell auto rifle from a legendary after leveling up Master Rahool. For those of you who don't know it's the arc looking AK auto rifle! :) I guess this makes up for not getting my exotic scout rifle after doing that quest

Nice, congrats!

Gunsmith is my new favorite Tower vendor.

Some people dislike grinding Test weapons but i think it's a good way to get a feel for foundry guns and good to combine them with bounties as 2 birds w 1 stone.

I'm looking forward to nab that Scout Rifle because stats get better when Super is full which is good news for Sunsingers sitting on rez

I agree. Gunsmith stuff is super fun.

hipfire is trash. this gun was not buffed and it sucks really bad right now. it blows my mind that there are people who think it is better. it was a one man killing machine before and now it can't even kill one man.

What? Hipfire works great! I'm not even good at PVP and was able to successfully take people down in Salvage this morning over a couple of games using nothing but hipfire. The range is not good and the stability causes the reticle to jump all over the place but the time to kill on TLW is still among the best in the game when you are landing your shots.

Thanks for the reply.

So you can take a 6 man team in to the court with this particular rune?

Also if you lose then your rune disappears too?

You can only take the three people you spawn into patrol with. You have to get lucky and hope another fireteam happens to be in the area to get more than 3. Anytime you use a rune it is discarded from your inventory regardless of beating the summoned bosses.

Ophelion

Quick question. What do we do with Ascended Energy now?

Unless you have Vault of Glass guns you want to level up still for some reason, you take them to the Speaker and convert them first into Ascended Shards and then into glimmer.

Edit: or motes. Motes too if you want.

Sullichin

So I should spend my marks on a stupid ghost instead of saving up for that sweet FWC handcannon? Has anyone gotten a ghost drop with >=280 light?

Fee

Does anyone has a good cheese spot for the final "taken wars" story mission on mars. The one that recommends you have 260 light? I have made it to the final wave of the boss so many times but always get blow up before I kill everything. I have put like 3+ hours into it now, just wanna complete it.

Sullichin

No other way to increase gunsmith rank besides the test weapons right? Blows my mind that people are already rank 3. I'm barely rank 1.

lt519

Does anyone has a good cheese spot for the final "taken wars" story mission on mars. The one that recommends you have 260 light? I have made it to the final wave of the boss so many times but always get blow up before I kill everything. I have put like 3+ hours into it now, just wanna complete it.

Be careful for the King's Grasp modifier which drains your health, you need to shoot the echo to stop it. The Echo starts doing this at about 1/3 health. We kept getting killed because we were focusing on that wave of enemies and the Echo started using that attack and we weren't noticing it. It took three of us at light level 250 about 30 minutes to figure out a good strategy. One person sniped the Echo while the other two watched the flanks. Put your back to a wall and keep away from the ramps, that's where the invisible minotaurs come up. Save supers for add spawns to clear out one flank quickly. Flanks typically used shotties and scout/auto rifles for add clearing.

At least that's what we think the King's Grasp does. It may just slow you and cause you to not be able to maneuver around enemy fire, but it was essential for us to stop that attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom