• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
No other way to increase gunsmith rank besides the test weapons right? Blows my mind that people are already rank 3. I'm barely rank 1.

apparently there's a consumable that drops randomly and gives you 250+ gunsmith rep (i think it drops from hive). also you get a little from quests involving him.

Anyone down for VoG or Crota on the PS4? Msg or add me, SlaughterX

Also how the hell do I get legendary marks? I need better gear for the Weekly and Nightfall, but I can't get it with out legendary marks, so do I just have to keep playing and hope for a purple drop or what?

Fee

Be careful for the King's Grasp modifier which drains your health, you need to shoot the echo to stop it. The Echo starts doing this at about 1/3 health. We kept getting killed because we were focusing on that wave of enemies and the Echo started using that attack and we weren't noticing it. It took three of us at light level 250 about 30 minutes to figure out a good strategy. One person sniped the Echo while the other two watched the flanks. Put your back to a wall and keep away from the ramps, that's where the invisible minotaurs come up. Save supers for add spawns to clear out one flank quickly.

At least that's what we think the King's Grasp does. It may just slow you and cause you to not be able to maneuver around enemy fire, but it was essential for us to stop that attack.

I had been attempting to solo it, I had the third wave almost clear a couple times. Well, i guess off to destinylfg i go.

vctor182

So Crucible gave me this Hand Cannon

qIuxw8X.jpg

Seems to have good perks:

Underdog: boosts range and handling when health is low
Smallbore: boosts range and handling even more
Rifled Barrel: boosts range a lot more
And trusty Third Eye.

Also the description tells me this is from the Hawkmoon family!

nOoblet16

Can the people who don't have a raid team for tomorrow but want to form up a team or people who have a spot in their team please PM me ?

I'll try to get a team together if there are a few of us stragglers.

shermas

First time ever playing Undying Mind (xbone player). It came up on the Heroic playlist.

Took over an hour with 2 of us... the third dropped out immediately.

I was barely at 260. That shit was ridiculous.

Can the people who don't have a raid team for tomorrow but want to form up a team or people who have a spot in their team please PM me ?

I'll try to get a team together if there are a few of us stragglers.

whats the light level going to be? cant seem to get an answer for this.

First time ever playing Undying Mind (xbone player). It came up on the Heroic playlist.

yeah, my weekly heroics were
darkblade
undying mind
darkblade
dust palace
darkblade

ugh.....

Ophelion

But fun, right? I actually really like that strike.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
anyone want to make a fireteam for Fear's Embrace on Phobos? Hard as heck even over the light level.

nOoblet16

You can skip the staircase fight altogether by running till the end.

That strike is all about chaining supers, if youbdo that it can be done in 15-20 mins.

Kal_El

This is my first day back to work after taking a couple days off. In my head i'm picturing myself doing stuff....something is wrong with me. I'll be playing as soon as I get home and before job #2 starts just a few hours later. Damn you responsibilities.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Destiny |OT♦️31| I've got the blues, but it's okay

Was my favorite ot submission so far. I don't know if I quoted it word for word though

What? Hipfire works great! I'm not even good at PVP and was able to successfully take people down in Salvage this morning over a couple of games using nothing but hipfire. The range is not good and the stability causes the reticle to jump all over the place but the time to kill on TLW is still among the best in the game when you are landing your shots.

Sidearms kill faster in its intended range.
Shotguns can slide right through its range before you kill the player.
The reticle bounces all over the place maximizing for its TTK in this range.

If you can get around its inconsistency, it's still a decent gun. The problem is that it's outmatched everywhere now. It caters purely to a hipfire fantasy and even then there are guns that do that better now.

They messed up one of Destiny's best guns because of 5 other things that were wrong with the game before The Last Word. I don't see the point of TLW anymore.

shermas

But fun, right? I actually really like that strike.

The waves on the stairs were kind of silly... there were so many Yellow dudes. It was bonkers.

I thought the shooty guy at the top of the stairs was the end of the strike. Har har.

I would suggest having 3 people. Probably helps quite a bit.

Played dust palace for the first time last night. That strike is such a drag until the boss fight.

It's actually got some interesting design mechanics if you're not flying through it.

The bosses are the three Psion Flayers, solar, void & arc. Well, on the way to them, you unlock 3 doors. Each door is guarded by another Psion Flayer. Waves of enemies spill out until the ghost is able to force the flayer out and you have to kill one yellow bar psion before progressing. Do that 3 times and then you face all three together. Took me like a half a dozen runs before I noticed that.

I ran it a bunch while grinding for my Hopscotch. I go to the point of liking it, especially when shotguns were OP. Haven't run 2.0 version yet, though.

shermas

You can skip the staircase fight altogether by running till the end.

That strike is all about chaining supers, if youbdo that it can be done in 15-20 mins.

I had no idea you could run past the stairs. That's good to know. That ate up a lot of time.

With two of us, we could quite chain our supers, but we started doing that during the boss fight. We weren't on mic, but we just sort of realized that was the best way to deal with the spawns, while chipping away at spongevexhydra.

Daemul

Dat Redbull Quest
KuGsj.gif

The amount of work you need to put into it is disproportionate to the rewards you get, I ain't gonna bother with it.

It's actually got some interesting design mechanics if you're not flying through it.

The bosses are the three Psion Flayers, solar, void & arc. Well, on the way to them, you unlock 3 doors. Each door is guarded by another Psion Flayer. Waves of enemies spill out until the ghost is able to force the flayer out and you have to kill one yellow bar psion before progressing. Do that 3 times and then you face all three together. Took me like a half a dozen runs before I noticed that.

I ran it a bunch while grinding for my Hopscotch. I go to the point of liking it, especially when shotguns were OP. Haven't run 2.0 version yet, though.

Dust Palace was a slog until the shotgun nerf where it then became god tier.

It probably sucks again.

This is my first day back to work after taking a couple days off. In my head i'm picturing myself doing stuff....something is wrong with me. I'll be playing as soon as I get home and before job #2 starts just a few hours later. Damn you responsibilities.

In the same boat. Here at work mapping out which quests to tackle.

lol
I never ever noticed that before. I just killed everything till the doors opened. didnt know there was an actual mechanic of some kind

lol
I never ever noticed that before. I just killed everything till the doors opened. didnt know there was an actual mechanic of some kind

Yeah, it's a year one "mechanic" of kill everything while this door unlocks. lol.

I should have said "design" or "flavor", instead of mechanic.

lt519

In the same boat. Here at work mapping out which quests to tackle.

I've spent most of my time at work today deciding what to do with my Legendary Marks. I'm thinking boots, low cost, get me some more light and can kick the can down the road on what exotic I want to buy until after Xur shows up. Already got a 280 Ghost and a pretty high cloak.

Gordon

apparently there's a consumable that drops randomly and gives you 250+ gunsmith rep (i think it drops from hive). also you get a little from quests involving him.
I got one from killing Dregs on Venus. Didn't actually see it drop, it just popped up like I had a legendary fusion rifle show up in my inventory, but it wasn't there - it was under quest rewards. I was moderately salty when I realized that it wasn't actually a gun, but it rolled my gunsmith to rank 2 so I got a package (garbage scout rifle) and a second armsday order, so I recovered lol

I've heard it the fastest sparrow in-game, kinda ugly though.

Hear that Bungie, we need some sparrow shaders pls! :)

There are sparrow shaders. They're called raid sparrows!

I've spent most of my time at work today deciding what to do with my Legendary Marks. I'm thinking boots, low cost, get me some more light and can kick the can down the road on what exotic I want to buy until after Xur shows up. Already got a 280 Ghost and a pretty high cloak.

I'm not going to spend any marks until Xur arrives. I could totally see Exotics costing strange coins + marks. And then "3 of coin" consumables being pure strange coin cost.

Work: always getting in destiny's way. I was so excited for marks. Bought a ghost. Now they're just there for infusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom