• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

10 more strange coins than they used to cost to buy a Year 1 item that can't even be upgraded...?

Guys... I'm gonna say relax.

I will eat crow and be fairly upset, actually, if I'm wrong about this.

But the average person in this thread is progressing MUCH FASTER than the average player of Destiny. Destiny is and has always meant to be accessible to casual players and Xur is the #1 purest embodiment of this ideal.

To dramatically alter his role in progression and acquiring Exotic gear now would make absolutely no sense and undermine much of the time vs. reward balance established by the new Light system for the median playerbase.

I expect Year 2 items, for sale for Strange Coins only. Maybe increased coin prices; I don't actually have a clue how many you'll stack up as a new player going from 1-40 and looking to buy your first exotic these days, which is a very relevant metric. But anything more burdensome or out-of-reach than that would be a complete shock to me.

Could you clarify how buying items from Xur is remotely "gaming the system"?

I'm hoping they aren't changing him much but I could see his gear being lower light level requiring to infuse, infuse, infuse.

Lee

But the average person in this thread is progressing MUCH FASTER than the average player of Destiny. Destiny is and has always meant to be accessible to casual players and Xur is the #1 purest embodiment of this ideal.

Good point. I took yesterday off from work to play and made it to 260. Today I saw someone on reddit giving advice from his 30+ hours in TTK... 30+...

lt519

I should probably finish it then. Im on summoners circle, ie. not started it yet. is it involved? how many steps.

Same spot as you with that quest line, light level was a little to high yesterday for me to try it but I'll do it today. Before you break down the cloaks and shells though put experience in them so you can get 5 marks instead of 3.

Lnkn52

The one about the raid:
http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/1486391794-the-road-to-kings-fall

4UPephT.png

kidko

What is the light level of the Collector's Edition stuff?

Sorry if this has been answered a bunch. Been too busy to read back in the thread :/

Axoman

Could you clarify how buying items from Xur is remotely "gaming the system"?

Buying multiple high level exotics simply for infusion purposes.

I just had a thought, maybe exotics from Xur won't be able to be used for infusing lower level items, kind of like how original Queen's gear was patched to not give ascendant materials when dismantling.

I got a legendary artifact from a purple glove engram; do artifacts not have their own icon, or did I get trolled? Don't really care either way, but would be good to know for future reference if Artifacts potentially roll from any armor engram.

Same exact thing happened to me. I think we were just getting trolled.

Yes. And probably quite a few quests after to reach the light level required, though we don't yet know what that is.

Prediction: he sells his usual exotics, but not very high light; you have to infuse them to make them very high level.

3 Legendary Marks and a high level weapon isn't terrible. I remember back in the day when I had to choose a max light armor piece or max attack weapon when Xur rolled in due to lack of coins. I picked Lucky Raspberry over Gjallarhorn so I could be high enough to raid. I chose poorly, but it was nice that Xur was another path to level progression.

What is the light level of the Collector's Edition stuff?

Sorry if this has been answered a bunch. Been too busy to read back in the thread :/

170 light and can't be infused.

Really only good for a little bit or for mass turning in bounties.

Too bad, they look great, especially the Titan one.

lt519

How do you get the quest line? Will it give it to you when you load into the raid?

Finish the vanguard Taken War quest lines on Earth, Venus and Mars which all get progressively more difficult in light level leading to that quest line which starts at 270 light. Seemingly a primer for a 280 light raid seeing as how mars ended at 260. People are saying 290 for the raid though. You can do the Petra Taken War quest line in parallel to maximize but not necessary.

Hey Hawk, I think you should add putting experience into legendary items before breaking them down into your guide for marks, since you can get 5 instead of 3 for the cost of a few motes of light. Might be a bit more clear than 3-5, because I don't think it is random.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
rc said:
I'm hoping they aren't changing him much but I could see his gear being lower light level requiring to infuse, infuse, infuse.
Yes. And probably quite a few quests after to reach the light level required, though we don't yet know what that is.

Prediction: he sells his usual exotics, but not very high light; you have to infuse them to make them very high level.
Buying multiple high level exotics simply for infusion purposes.

I just had a thought, maybe exotics from Xur won't be able to be used for infusing lower level items, kind of like how original Queen's gear was patched to not give ascendant materials when dismantling.
All of this is possible I guess.

Can legendaries definitely by infused with Exotics in the first place, has anyone tried this yet by chance? And then if the exotics he sells come in at lower light than the ones in the blueprints, perhaps Exotic infusion takes advantage of Exotic Shards...?

Finish the vanguard Taken War quest lines on Earth, Venus and Mars which all get progressively more difficult in light level leading to that quest line which starts at 270 light. Seemingly a primer for a 280 light raid seeing as how mars ended at 260. People are saying 290 for the raid though. You can do the Petra Taken War quest line in parallel to maximize but not necessary.

Okay thanks. I think I'm getting there with that line. Did all the earth stuff and the first Vanguard Venus mission yesterday.

Has anyone had trouble getting Boolean Gemini to pop from Petra?

Is needing Queen's rank 3 a thing? I'm at the last Court of Oryx phase and want to make sure everything is in order before I finish it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Has anyone had trouble getting Boolean Gemini to pop from Petra?

Is Queen's needing rank 3 a thing? I'm at the last Court of Oryx phase and want to make sure everything is in order before I finish it.

Its said to take up to 24 hours to show for some, as the first who reported the gun had rank 2

How can you get 2 or 3 legendary engrams PFFFFRTEADASDad asd asd

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's still not massively multiplayer goddamnit XD

but it is certainly much closer to the RPG part of MMORPG now, that's certainly true.

Same spot as you with that quest line, light level was a little to high yesterday for me to try it but I'll do it today. Before you break down the cloaks and shells though put experience in them so you can get 5 marks instead of 3.

I was going to do that and daily when I got home. ill run with you in about 4 hours if you need it

Gammacide

Yeah I have. Up to 295 now. Just find it so funny the new loot system. I love that everything is potentially good.
Did Petra's quest trigger right away for you after completing all of Variks' Wolves Den quests or did it take a while before it appeared? I just got a class item from Variks at the end of those quests but Petra has nothing to say to me. :(

dB Viper

Are the Venus/Mars Taken War quest lines solo-able? I'm 285 light btw...

I've finished one Earth one I think. Can't recall if it's the same quest.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's tied to your light level, not the level of the activity. You can run Patrol at level 290 and grab engrams that decode into higher levels.

Ok cool, that is what I was hoping.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna grind out a bunch of Heroic Strikes? PSN: ultrajari, 268 light. No mic

Hale_C

Ok, I'm no doubt being a colossal moron, but where do I find the DestinyGaf signup sheet for PS4 players? Added a few folks back at launch, but my list of players is looking a bit thin these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom