• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Still can't believe I haven't found a legendary helmet yet. Come tomorrow, depending on what Xur has, I might end up buying a year 2 Saint-14.

Anyone do the shield brothers part of the Chaperone quest yet? Do I really have to deliver the last shotgun shot on both for it to count?
I had trouble with that strike as a heroic, I can't imagine it at 290. Especially with a shotgun.

Frostburn

Got over 290 Light today in a mishmash of gear but I am loving everything in the game so far. Have to finish up a bunch of guest lines to get some legendary and exotic weapons and get the gunsmith to 3 (PVP prototype weapons left to do) so I can work on my legendary scout rifle exotic quest.

Might have some time to raid tomorrow evening if anyone needs me.

neoism

We had a pug group of 4 going through tier 1s and 2s for a while, then I checked their light level, saw 1 250 and 2 280s, figured what the hell, and threw an antiquated rune in. We beat it first try, but they definitely died a bunch. I wouldn't go off the recommended level of 300 as a requirement.

but seriously does the chest only have a random chance to drop stuff.. even when the chest did at best it was only 2 blues... we did do 1 or 2 tier 2s and did die alot but still nuffin in the chest... its still a good way to get loot.. i went up like 4-7 points.. and its cool to just do'em randomly i dropped the first one solo... and people just showed up. then we took turns using them until no one had anymore lol

Nightfall done. That was intense. Managed to do it with no wipes though which was nice for a pug.

Unfortunately only got a 285 Arc fusion. Quickly used it to bring up a void sniper to 280 instead.

I am way behind everybody, but making small progress on 1 toon. Curious, what are the ways to earn Legendary Marks?

I see a Heroic Strike playlist set at Lvl41 and high Light requirements, but nothing else from the map.

So are we actually making a new OT soon or just leaving the gaming side one for now? I'll be up all night, could make one whenever unless Hawk wants to make it.

Is anyone up for doing tier 3 runes? I have 291 light here. PS4

I could do some, beaten it 3x already, 294. What's your PSN?

Edit: holy cow a lot of people already responded.

Managed to snag my first year 2 exotic since TTK dropped. Decrypted from a legendary engram, and it's the Heart of Praxic Fire, for a Warlock. I pretty much only play my Titan. :|

Does Dead Orbit still give out the Bittersteel shader when you rank up with them? That's the only reason I went with them instead of Future War Cult (who have a much cooler name).

My buddy just got the Telesto from a purple engram he got out of a random ass chest on the Dreadnaught.

I'm so salty. I opened 30 of those damn chests just yesterday. That gun looks like so much fun :(

Seil

So, I've got Skyburners Deployment Codes, anyone want to join me in using it on PS4? I dunno how the loot will work out, but stuff's more fun in a group lol.

Edit: Also is anyone else encountering oddities in regards to glimmer drops in TTK? Like, sometimes majors/ultras will even have the animation but I get no glimmer. Just happened with three of them a few minutes ago so it's fresh on my mind... And no I'm not capped =p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So are we actually making a new OT soon or just leaving the gaming side one for now? I'll be up all night, could make one whenever unless Hawk wants to make it.
Happy to hand the baton back if you're around and it's not too much trouble! :)

This'n was a grand thread everybody, if I do say so myself. Hype to info to laughs to help to hype to more info to hype! Thanks for making it such an awesome place to hang out.

A note for lnkn (obviously he might not be able to get to it tonight), I did notice that the Section-Header-Formerly-Known-as-Post-20-Leveling-Guides should just be "Progression Guides" from now on- level is meaaaningless :p
>:D
Except it Hawk! Except the truth!
and it looks so fucking sweet

screw all ya'll "Xur shouldn't bring actual exotics anymore" I WANNIT SO BAD ;_;

Any tips on getting grouped with randoms for CoO? Swear every time I join patrol I'm the only one in the whole area. Roster shows no one being in the game either where as if I go to the tower that list is full.

Mupod

My light level has started increasing at a dramatic rate now that I understand how it works (ilvl increasing drop levels), and can do heroic strikes. The brothers are probably the most fun boss I've fought in Destiny so far but that Rasputin strike seems ridiculous. I haven't even beaten the first encounter because randoms just leave.

Still no exotics but I'm hoping santa Xur brings me something good when I wake up in a few hours.

My light level has started increasing at a dramatic rate now that I understand how it works (ilvl increasing drop levels), and can do heroic strikes. The brothers are probably the most fun boss I've fought in Destiny so far but that Rasputin strike seems ridiculous. I haven't even beaten the first encounter because randoms just leave.

Still no exotics but I'm hoping santa Xur brings me something good when I wake up in a few hours.
Yeah, the Rasputin one is bullshit. Mind as well make it, it's own raid at that first part with randoms.

Had 25 Hadium Flakes then accidentally discarded them. Fuuuuuuck. :(
I'm so sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom