• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or 7 weeks in a row IIRC

The only math I've found is a pattern with how we play pre-2.0 content. Skolas was recommended to play at level 35, but now it's 175 light. Level 32 stuff now recommends 160 light.

The math is easy where they're just multiplying the recommended levels by 5 to get recommended light. That said, if you check out the story missions, the harder versions require 240 or 280 light, which divided by 5 is way more than 40.

Considering 40 is the max level we'll be able to reach in TTK, I'm sure we'll have way higher light levels gained from endgame gear so the level x 5 = light formula doesn't stick.

Im just curious if the Player Level has ANY influence at all

Like A LVL 20 with 100 light, LVL 25 with 100 light

Any performance diffence on Light 100 content? My guess is no

Namikaze1

Lord have mercy! Ending that match with a triple down! Lol!

Also, that platform between A and C in vertigo is so damn good to use. Barely anyone came up from behind through the portal.

rNilla

QG8V2AV.gif

Afrocious

Im just curious if the Player Level has ANY influence at all

Like A LVL 20 with 100 light, LVL 25 with 100 light

Any performance diffence on Light 100 content? My guess is no

It doesn't. Being level 34 in PoE 34 with less than the required light makes for a bad time. Light is also used to prevent players from doing certain content (which is why I think Bungie should have recommended light in the planet UI hover window in the solar system map).

Levels grant permission to wear certain pieces of gear so far.

But you still shouldn't complete them because you're throwing the XP down the toity.

I have a friend who leveled from 28 to 34 in a couple of hours. The trip to 40 won't be a problem. Leveling up our new subclass is the grind. And you can't do these subclass quests at the same time.

Feel free to play them. Or not. There's not a lot to do this week, so it's something to do. Hold off on completing the last step.

This is why he's supposed to be sarcastic. It just works.

Something my wife commented on about the new Ghost voice while playing yesterday. She said, "I no longer feel like my Ghost is secretly evil. I feel like he's my little buddy. Before I always felt like he knew things about the big picture and was hiding it from me to do his bidding."

I thought that was very interesting.

It doesn't. Being level 34 in PoE 34 with less than the required light makes for a bad time. Light is also used to prevent players from doing certain content (which is why I think Bungie should have recommended light in the planet UI hover window in the solar system map).

Levels grant permission to wear certain pieces of gear so far.

Thats what I figured

Looks like the Curve is +-40 light at least according to Datto on his Court of Oryx Video

What I would like to know is.... Does the outgoing damage advantage cap off once you are 40 light above a certain encounter or does it just keep increasing?

For those willing to respond, how do I get better at PvP in Destiny? I feel from vanilla, PvP has grown with more people growing interested in it. It seems to have gone from an afterthought to standing beside the PvE content. That, and perhaps the drought of PvE content made PvP shine. I don't know.

I do want to get better at it. I like the discussions people have though I recognize little of the guns now.

I've been checking out r/CruciblePlaybook and found some spot-on posts. I do, however, want to get good enough to fare in Trials of Osiris.

That's a pretty broad topic to broach. I'm no pvp god, but one thing that really helped me turn the corner was to slow down and really pay attention to where the well traveled paths were on each map. Where do the firefights happen? Where are the sniper lanes, and where do I have to be careful?

Let your teammates be the ones to charge bravely into the jaws of death until you get a better handle on the action, and learn from where you see them repeatedly gunned down.

Something my wife commented on about the new Ghost voice while playing yesterday. She said, "I no longer feel like my Ghost is secretly evil. I feel like he's my little buddy. Before I always felt like he knew things about the big picture and was hiding it from me to do his bidding."

I thought that was very interesting.

That's really interesting and totally true now that I think about it

Anyone else feel like heavy weapons basically ruin rift?

Yes. I haven't played with a team yet, but it really turns into death match when the heavies come out. No point in grabbing the spark when you know you'll become RL fodder. Plus, you didn't get the heavy because you were getting the spark.

Kind of want to start a new character just to get the first sparrow. I don't think anyone will care that it is unobtainable if you didn't get it your first time through, so I can't ever see it being addressed.

That's really interesting and totally true now that I think about it

It makes me think back to the whole rewriting the story because it wasn't very good thing. I think a lot of people just naturally assumed the Traveler was actually evil, and I think originally it was, but enough people predicted it that it became trite, and the story needed reworked.

so it looks like the 347 dynasty is now the
Booleon gemini

wonder why they changed it?

Probably because we already have a Vestian Dynasty with the same flavor text. Because it's not just the 347 Dynasty, it's the 347 Vesta Dynasty. Pretty similar.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
sorry, didnt look into the 20.00 package. I love this game. but I will never pay 20.00 for extras.
My friend bought me destiny on his account for my birthday last year, and we account shared. When the TTK got announced I figured it was high time I bought it for my own account. Long story short I really wanted hammer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom