• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

As much as I legit love the new Omolon fusion and plan to keep using it even after I do the bounties just for fun... man it was so satisfying to blast away the lil Guardians trying to get the hang of it with Pocket Infinity last night. "That's not a noyfe... THIS is a noyfe"

whaaaaa..?

Sounds like there is some stuff to see...

Yeah.. go run some patrols on a planet... ;)

Namikaze1

I ended up being put in two matches just now where:

Winning team is at 15k
Losing team is at under 10k
Winning team controls all 3 zones
Losing team has folks leaving constantly

Afrocious

For those willing to respond, how do I get better at PvP in Destiny? I feel from vanilla, PvP has grown with more people growing interested in it. It seems to have gone from an afterthought to standing beside the PvE content. That, and perhaps the drought of PvE content made PvP shine. I don't know.

I do want to get better at it. I like the discussions people have though I recognize little of the guns now.

I've been checking out r/CruciblePlaybook and found some spot-on posts. I do, however, want to get good enough to fare in Trials of Osiris.

daedalius

Yes. New strikes are in the vanguard legacy strike playlist. You cannot load these anywhere else right now.

PS exclusive weapons are not available to xbone until TTK releases on 9/15.

There are 3 right?

Might try and get them later, just have to keep going in and out to get it haha

Definitely, but I still can't see this map in Trials or any competitive mode. As somebody said earlier, this map is just impossible to call out on.

Side effect of it being so small, but nothing is impossible to make call outs for. Thats just when you start getting creative.

For instance, our group of friends had a call out for the area just outside of B on Shores of Time. We called it the Porch. No real reason, but we wanted a call out there, so we made one.

ocean

Banned
Is Ram the only HoW piece he hasnt sold? I think so
Ram is the only Year 1 Exotic he hasn't sold.

Everything else, excluding PS exclusives, bounty weapons and Raid drops has been sold. With every weapon and most armor pieces being sold twice or more actually.

Soooo

Has anyone figured out the new Math with Light vs Player Level

Do both contribute or does level just Grant Access and improve Loot Tables

Afrocious

Ram is the only Year 1 Exotic he hasn't sold.

Everything else, excluding PS exclusives, bounty weapons and Raid drops has been sold. With every weapon and most armor pieces being sold twice or more actually.

Or 7 weeks in a row IIRC

Soooo

Has anyone figured out the new Math with Light vs Player Level

Do both contribute or does level just Grant Access and improve Loot Tables

The only math I've found is a pattern with how we play pre-2.0 content. Skolas was recommended to play at level 35, but now it's 175 light. Level 32 stuff now recommends 160 light.

The math is easy where they're just multiplying the recommended levels by 5 to get recommended light. That said, if you check out the story missions, the harder versions require 240 or 280 light, which divided by 5 is way more than 40.

Considering 40 is the max level we'll be able to reach in TTK, I'm sure we'll have way higher light levels gained from endgame gear so the level x 5 = light formula doesn't stick.

OK, I need some guidance. I haven't been able to play Destiny since last week. I have the update all downloaded and should finally get to sit down and play tonight or tomorrow. My question is: I know there are some things that aren't fully working/ being rewarded, so what am I safe doing once I dive in for the time being?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah it's kinda weird. Turn in other bounties and the XP from them goes toward that bounty.
Inexplicably, I got it from completing my Omolon sniper bounty.
COhJI5kVEAAxPg1.jpg:orig

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OK, I need some guidance. I haven't been able to play Destiny since last week. I have the update all downloaded and should finally get to sit down and play tonight or tomorrow. My question is: I know there are some things that aren't fully working/ being rewarded, so what am I safe doing once I dive in for the time being?
I recommend doing your Nightfalls, Weekly Heroics, the Gunsmith weapon testing, and messing around in the Crucible if you dig that kind of thing.

it opens a garage door that shows a ship docked on the other side of the wall. I thought it'd open a window to shoot out of but it's just for aesthetics.
Aww... booo...

I was so excited for a minute. I thought we had another Halo Standoff where if you can throw a switch you can make your paths easier.

boofa

Neo Member
I've got a bunch of telemetries I had stockpiled before HoW. Now that there a non-weapon specific telemetries, can the old ones be discarded. I know they used to be like synth and you were stuck with them. I didn't think to check last night and will probably forget again so thought I'd ask while it was front of mind, lol.

I'm doing the overall top posters throughout all the OTs combined.

I'm also going to try a little something else that I won't mention yet, as a little personal bonus. Hopefully I can get that to work how I'm imagining haha. At the very least, I will include some other info.

I wanted to see if there were trends in "time of day" posting. Here's a completely ugly chart showing the data from OT28 - Noland Beyod:

GMT -5 (east coast time)

Is it just me or are there to many Seahawks colored shaders. Actully the three new ones i have are football team colored. Except atlantean . And its awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom