• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, starting up a PvP train in the next twenty minutes. Clash, Rift and maybe some Control in between.

I know Strider wanted in. Have 4 more spots.

Here's my issue with Red Death.

I'd much rather use Messanger at the cost of slight RoF.
Bad Juju is great on the lower impact end. I've actually used String of Curses a few times since the rebalance to keep myself in the fight and killing.

Hopscotch is :[
Interesting note: Three Little Words is still comparable to Messenger. However since some perks took a small hit Messenger has higher stability and Stabbie is King.

I wouldn't be surprised if a perfectly rolled Three Little Words is the best high impact pulse rifle. Never seen one so Messenger has the glory right now. Honestly I've been just using whatever weapon my character happens to have on them at the time and it has been great. Most weapons are fun and feel like they have a fighting chance.

Interesting perspective, thank you!

Kalamari

You know how Artifacts had perks that created orbs, perhaps there will be some that increase the orbs created by supers. Hmmmm

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't worry, I'm gonna change my human female into an awoken female.

Also, did they nerf Plan C hard or something? The quickdraw charge never procs.
That sounds like a bug. All there is in the patch notes about plan C is a theoretical buff. I haven't spent any time with mine yet.
Interesting perspective, thank you!
For another one, I still completely love Red Death and its unique perk is an advantage the messenger doesn't have.

Arrrammis

Ok, I'm officially never playing rift with randoms again. Pantheon, and we had 4 people sitting at the end of the hallways with sniper rifles and one guy who sat on our rift the entire match, only getting one kill (who wasn't even the runner). Every time I would grab the spark, I would try to move up and die instantly. Eventuay I grabbed the spark and ran back to my team. They didn't care, they're too busy hard scoping that corner. Because you know, an enemy hasn't come around there for the last 5 minutes, but they might now!

/rant

she made the 1st 2 OTs I think before taking a break and passing the torch over to our man hawkian. I think there was some very sexists things said about her or to her on twitter that may have contributed to her leaving. But thats just a far distant memory that may have been a rumor. either that or she felt disenchanted by the game like alot of gaffers did last September.

She made like the first 8 OTs....

Jinjo

That sounds like a bug. All there is in the patch notes about plan C is a theoretical buff. I haven't spent any time with mine yet.

For another one, I still completely love Red Death and its unique perk is an advantage the messenger doesn't have.

Yeah it only procced once as far as I could tel. Superweird. Definitely seems like a bug.

Also is there a way to get Vestian Dynasty still? I scrapped all but one, but it's so godly now.

That's also another reason I'm rerolling. New legendary version of the Stranger's Rifle and a new vestian.

That's fair, and believe me I don't want equality in class abilities because that's boring, and hunters were never meant to be a support class. It just is frustrating for bounties where orbs are required. At least they seem to understand this and have the last subclass step not tied to orbs but kills unlike some of the other classes.

I carried my whole team, got 40 kills, 8000 score on a control match and i still felt bad because i lost the last 1v1 that decided the match. 20000v19910. Fucking randoms =/

Falifax

Anyway, starting up a PvP train in the next twenty minutes. Clash, Rift and maybe some Control in between.

Eh, why not. Playing with randoms sucks and I still have these unfinished fireteam bounties.

shenze

Banned

i'll join if you still need someone. Rift sucks with randoms and i need clash wins for grimiore.

PSN:eek:ptimus8936

Yeah it only procced once as far as I could tel. Superweird. Definitely seems like a bug.

Also is there a way to get Vestian Dynasty still? I scrapped all but one, but it's so godly now.

That's also another reason I'm rerolling. New legendary version of the Stranger's Rifle and a new vestian.

you can buy one from Petra for 150 marks

I saw a video of it, but they all have ???? levels and cant be damaged.

They can if you hit 171 light. I posted the method several pages back. Be warlock -> buy necro from Kiosk -> kill wolves -> Spawn Archon Priest -> Kill for no rewards.

Speaking of Petra you can get the Queen's Class items again as rewards for ranking up QWrath

s9OB134.jpg

My opinion on pulse rifles. You should either use the highest or second lowest impact options available. With high impact like the Messenger 2 headshot bursts kills. Everything below that except for the bottom tier is 3 headshot bursts to kill assuming the target is using max armor, so the high RoF actually gives you a better ttk. Inbetween ones like the punished hopscotch and red death are slower than need be when compared to the tier below them.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
does anyone know if Attack level matters on an individual item or if it all gets parsed by your light level?

I.E. Let's say you still love fatebringer at level 40 and you max out everything else, class item, artifact, would that pull up the FB damage threshold a bit or is the game still looking at it's individual attack level?

My opinion on pulse rifles. You should either use the highest or second lowest impact options available. With high impact like the Messenger 2 headshot bursts kills. Everything below that except for the bottom tier is 3 headshot bursts to kill assuming the target is using max armor, so the high RoF actually gives you a better ttk. Inbetween ones like the punished hopscotch and red death are slower than need be when compared to the tier below them.

Pretty butthurt that I dismantled a Timepiece a while back. Saw TripleWreck using it last night and it was destroying everything.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

Praedyth's Timepiece would like to have a word with you.

It's still excellent, with 2.0 it lost a little bit of range due to the stability nerf so the cone spreads out a bit more at range. It shreds in the same range as Bad JuJu and secret round seems to actually proc per the description now too.

phen0m24

SH I could pop in and out of cover with Timepiece and because of its stability I could toss tons of rounds at the enemy fast. My TTK will suck anyway as I'm not a headshot bot, but it was pretty nice to beat Thorn users. :)

i hate the fusion rifle even more

i think i liked the idea of gusnmith bounties better than the execution

feels more like a chore

I like them in PVE, but PVP is a mixed bag. I'm fine with fusion rifles, but I am not the best sniper in Destiny. It took me more time than I would like to admit to get 10 kills with that sniper rifle on all three toons last night.

Pretty butthurt that I dismantled a Timepiece a while back. Saw TripleWreck using it last night and it was destroying everything.

Praedyth's Timepiece would like to have a word with you.

It's still excellent, with 2.0 it lost a little bit of range due to the stability nerf so the cone spreads out a bit more at range. It shreds in the same range as Bad JuJu and secret round seems to actually proc per the description now too.

SH I could pop in and out of cover with Timepiece and because of its stability I cos toss tons of rounds at the enemy fast. My TTK will suck anyway as I'm not a headshot bot, but it was pretty nice to beat Thorn users. :)

Guys I don't have a timepiece. Don't make me sad. That might be an exception due to good perks which lessen the need for lazer accuracy.

I like them in PVE, but PVP is a mixed bag. I'm fine with fusion rifles, but I am not the best sniper in Destiny. It took me more time than I would like to admit to get 10 kills with that sniper rifle on all three toons last night.

damn i don't know if i have the patience to do it 3x

i was getting wrecked by shotguns trying to kill with that fusion rifle.. the charge time is so slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom