• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I hate this Omolon Sniper with the energy of a thousand exploding suns.

200_s.gif

Basically, here's what my format looks like from brainstorming it for the last half hour:

• Very short intro clip
  • Title screen of the map with brief lore snippet
  • Breakdown in 5 steps, starting with pathing and layout - does the map flow well?
  • Then Height Variation - does the map have depth?
  • Then Gameplay Opportunity - does the map have a good meta?
  • Then Spawns - is the map balanced?
  • Then Visual Clarity - is the map readable?
  • And lastly, a callout map

No long intros. No "what's up guys!". No EDM/dubstep. No controversial language. And most importantly, no punches pulled.

Also, it was Colonel who proposed this idea a while ago so give him some credit.

Did they change the lines when you open the big door in 'storm the keep'?

I never remember him saying along the lines of "Get ready, you remeber what happens when I open doors".

Or maybe he did and I wasn't paying attention lol.

SpecX

The other thread is weird, I like this one better

Felt the same about the Fusion rifle. Gawd that thing is absolutely horrendous. Thank the maker it was only 10 kills.
Lol that fusion rifle is a joke. Took it in a crucible match and shot point blank with it barely taking down the guys shield. What a joke and blow to my k/d ratio.

Kalamari

I think using the Omolon Sniper is like training in 100 times gravity. Once you go back to a decent sniper you will feel like a Super Saiyan.

phen0m24

What do you guys think? Map Monday is good?

Like, i'll spend an average of 10 minutes going through those things. The problem with Destiny that makes me reluctant to do this however is that it doesn't have a theater mode. What I'd need to do instead is play the maps in a full party and take a bunch of screenshots to talk over, kind of like a sports highlight reel. That'll be interspersed with gameplay to keep it visually interesting; otherwise, i'm limited solely to clips playing the map and I don't find that engaging with just dialog overtop.

Yay? Nay? Would people care about some scrandies opinion on the maps?

You could put a quick clip of you destroying in the beginning to show people who they're dealing with.

While I like the idea of the long-form videos, you can only make them a weekly feature for so long until you run out of maps. And unless it's chock full of awesome (GAF = no doubt though) people might zone out.

I still love the idea of you taking a quick clip and just after you set it up you ask:
"What should I do here?"

A)
B) or
C)

And then play the clip of what you did in game and say why it was the right decision or wrong decision and why. That makes you better as a player (Heaven help us) and the viewer too. :)

Those could be 3-4 minutes and right in that consumption sweet spot.

Daemul

dont do it, male titans are the worst. unless you like looking like a "professional" wrestler.

Nah, female Titans look goofy as hell due to their slimmer builds, this is especially noticeable in the helms, which all look 3 times the size of their head lol. I just ended up making my Warlock a female instead.

You could put a quick clip of you destroying in the beginning to show people who they're dealing with.

While I like the idea of the long-form videos, you can only make them a weekly feature for so long until you run out of maps. And unless it's chock full of awesome (GAF = no doubt though) people might zone out.

I still love the idea of you taking a quick clip and just after you set it up you ask:
"What should I do here?"

A)
B) or
C)

And then play the clip of what you did in game and say why it was the right decision or wrong decision and why. That makes you better as a player (Heaven help us) and the viewer too. :)

Those could be 3-4 minutes and right in that consumption sweet spot.

I could do that as a separate video. Maybe alternate them so one week are the maps and the next is a brief strategy clip.

There are like 24ish maps now though, right? If I do it every other week, that's enough for a year.

JayHayabusa

So Im looking to run the Weekly and Undying Mind. Have all 6 subclasses to complete.

I ll start with the Hunter on the weekly.

Anyone looking to complete those or willing to help?

Im jayforone

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was doing the gunslinger quest the other night and I was only making 6 orbs without Alpha Lupi and 7 with on two majors.
Sounds like a stealth nerf. Bummer.
I was talking about Bladedancer. 6 is definitely an improvement but still far worse than any other class, and that's with alpha lupi.
*shrug* Apparently it's only 1 or 2 worse than any other class. And Defenders can only make 2 or 3 on demand. If you're in a situation with lots of incoming damage to your bubble then Gift of the Void can make more in a pinch situation but that means sacrificing Bastion (though incredibly valuable if you have multiple Defenders to feed one another. But yeah, Bladedancer is arguably the worst or second worst at it. Gunslinger, Striker, and Voidwaker excel at it and Sunsinger is great as long as you're not counting on Fireborn usage for your super, which you are in many PvE situations, making it more of a utility class that can switch.

They're not all supposed to be equally good at it. There's synergy between the classes and Bladedancer is a utility and mobility class. No other class can turn invisible on demand (barring Khepri's Sting Gunslingers), the Super can be used solely as a stealth utility, highest sprint speed with Fleet Flooted, no other class has Quickdraw, only one other has Blink, etc.

phen0m24

I could do that as a separate video. Maybe alternate them so one week are the maps and the next is a brief strategy clip.

There are like 24ish maps now though, right? If I do it every other week, that's enough for a year.

The first/short one I would gladly subscribe to and would consume voraciously.

The second/long one requires popcorn. :) I'm just trying to keep you from burning out. You'll have plenty of encouragement here and I'll help if you need a scrub in there, so I have your back whatever you do.

1, because XP will help raise your level and new equipment in 5 days
2. because everyone seems to be talking about toilets and poop today.

Oh, I thought there was some other reason, because I completed one of the Class quests. I assumed I made a grave mistake and missed out on some goodies.

BokehKing

Banned
The other thread is weird, I like this one better

Felt the same about the Fusion rifle. Gawd that thing is absolutely horrendous. Thank the maker it was only 10 kills.
Going to have to disagree about that fusion rifle, from control of it to the sound of it, worked great last night

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
10 kills with it took me 14 minutes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: primarily handicapped by not knowing where any special was on the new maps

Whatever happened to Dax? I think that was the name. Of the biggest Destiny supporters just disappeared right around launch?

she made the 1st 2 OTs I think before taking a break and passing the torch over to our man hawkian. I think there was some very sexists things said about her or to her on twitter that may have contributed to her leaving. But thats just a far distant memory that may have been a rumor. either that or she felt disenchanted by the game like alot of gaffers did last September.

Mindlog

Victory Imminent!
/leaves match

Can't wait for Tuesday. I've never left so many winning matches. Warlock is now Blacksmith Level 1. Only Hunter left to go.

We're free to dismantle test weapons after maxxing them right?
So do people generally think it's better than Red Death?
Here's my issue with Red Death.
I'd much rather use Messanger at the cost of slight RoF.
Bad Juju is great on the lower impact end. I've actually used String of Curses a few times since the rebalance to keep myself in the fight and killing.

Hopscotch is :[
Interesting note: Three Little Words is still comparable to Messenger. However since some perks took a small hit Messenger has higher stability and Stabbie is King.

I wouldn't be surprised if a perfectly rolled Three Little Words is the best high impact pulse rifle. Never seen one so Messenger has the glory right now. Honestly I've been just using whatever weapon my character happens to have on them at the time and it has been great. Most weapons are fun and feel like they have a fighting chance.

The first/short one I would gladly subscribe to and would consume voraciously.

The second/long one requires popcorn. :) I'm just trying to keep you from burning out. You'll have plenty of encouragement here and I'll help if you need a scrub in there, so I have your back whatever you do.

10 minutes is the max amount of time I'd spend on a map. I want to keep it at a sweetspot of 7 but spend at least 5 minutes on it so it looks thorough. But yea, Map Monday and Tip Tuesday are my alternating weekly episodes. One week I break down the design of the map and the next I share strategy for it.

Or maybe I can do them back to back for consistency so that each week is a different map. I wont burn out on it depending on how much time I spend on it.

they have reduced the Ultra orb generation from 4 to 3 and they capped the max to 7

Alfa Luppi and Light Beyond Nemeis' Max cap have been reduced from 9 to 8

I used this helmet with Nova Bomb split into 3 with Bloom active to get my Voidwalker mission done in Undying Mind in that gauntlet of Ultras

You need to get a Nova Bomb on 3 Ultras together to guarantee the Orb requirement to get 7/8 Orbs

Sounds like a stealth nerf. Bummer.

Yeah, I hope someone can confirm or deny my observations. There was a lot of new stuff to look at, so I may be mistaken.

edit:

they have reduced the Ultra orb generation from 4 to 3 and they capped the max to 7

Alfa Luppi and Light Beyond Nemeis' Max cap have been reduced from 9 to 8

I used this helmet with Nova Bomb split into 3 with Bloom active to get my Voidwalker mission done in Undying Mind in that gauntlet of Ultras

You need to get a Nova Bomb on 3 Ultras together to guarantee the Orb requirement to get 7/8 Orbs

There it is.

Jinjo

dont do it, male titans are the worst. unless you like looking like a "professional" wrestler.

and I totally fogot about the thunderlord thing. But I have a feeling its gonna be the same thunderlord and year 2 versions is just going to have swappable elements like murmur.

Don't worry, I'm gonna change my human female into an awoken female.

Also, did they nerf Plan C hard or something? The quickdraw charge never procs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom