• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscured

So far I'm really enjoying these new guns. Already fearing for my vault space, but if all the new ones are this fun I won't feel too bad about breaking down old stuff. Liked the first two maps I played as well, vertigo and another one with portals and mancannons (but totally not mancannons), unless that was vertigo and I'm forgetting the name.

Feeling like variety and I like it, makes me feel better about picking up this expansion.

I took 2 days off work, Snacks are required fare.

yup, I got both days off as well.
Plan: 4am PST wake up (no shower)
401am laucnh destiny
401am make coffee
402am smoke a ciggerette
406am get coffee and play destiny
10am go to gamestop to get the new PS4 detiny bundle
1030am set it up, play more destiny

4pm tell the wife when she gets home from work I didnt get a chance to play much today and need more time
9pm finally go back to bed

although she is making me go to the dentist on Wednesday.

Frostburn

Time off work - Check
Snacks and drinks ready - Check
Explained to the wife that I'm going to busy from the 15th-21st - Check

I'm ready!

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
I had to take an extended break for work, it's hard to keep up with all the info that has come out. Is there a bullet point list of updates and information anywhere on the web? Might buy another Xbox to take to work with me this time, I go up to camp Tuesday morning and don't want to miss the launch.

Bungie.net's Help forums are frustrating. Post a legitimate issue with a character wipe on the line: no response. Whine about not getting faction shaders when a loot update is right around the corner: drown in empathy.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Warlock 34 completed in 24 hours from rank 6. Will use some boosts and bounties to rank up the remains of Sunsinger class but I'm not enjoying it much so will probably boost more for Voidwalker but self res will be handy to have.

Then come TTK just do the major boost to my level 1 Hunter and go for Gunslinger and Sunbreaker for my Titan.

phen0m24

I made a dentist appointment on the 15th so I'm fighting through the week ignoring their "Ohh we got a cancellation" calls

Even though I have a cracked tooth

Destiny causes
tooth decay confirmed

Long live the King
"The Devil you Know"

11951603_439600646246694_2369455352706761917_o.jpg

I made a dentist appointment on the 15th so I'm fighting through the week ignoring their "Ohh we got a cancellation" calls

Even though I have a cracked tooth

Destiny causes
tooth decay confirmed

I made one little comment when I was eating ice cream the other night that "one of my molars is a little sensitive to cold"

then it was all " you have a cavity go to the dentist blah blah"
so I said I would make an apointment. being the sly little minx she is
"dont you have 2 days off coming up?"
"uhhhh, I can make it another day, those days are for Destiny"
"..................."
"Ok"

shes good, ill give her that.

X-Frame

You aren't lying. I have to go on a supplies run too.

Socks to fill next week at Chez Luke

Oh yes, clean underwear and socks are a must.

Btw Luke, what is Bungie's plan for when King's Fall is released? Are you and most of Bungie going to be watching the streams again?

Dunk#7

Is there a list of what I should and should not do in Destiny this week?

I read a few days ago something about not getting an emblem if you did the class quest? And there was no way to get it after that

Anything else like that I should know?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would 6:30 pm est work? I'm working a 10 hour shift and I need time to eat dinner when I get home.
That's fine.
I have never done a raid, but i am interested in participating tonight. How long on average does Crota Raid take?
Sign up! People who have never done it before are the ones these are for the most :D

Raid clear times can vary a lot from group to group, but newbie CE tends to consistently take between 90 and 150 minutes, and easily under 90 minutes if no one else feels like giving the sword a try. Budget 2 hours if you can, and we'll almost definitely clear it with time to spare.

CE is nice because the group dictates the pace of the raid the entire way through. f another veteran or two is in the group to assist (hint hint anybody out there!) it can really fly. Speed-intensive clears for the raid are under 30 minutes.

edit: another just joined. Still 2 spots left with rainy_day.

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 10th, 2015 - Crota's End Newbie Raid and Sword School

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkmoon is starting to click for me.

COkzX9xUcAE_v1g.jpg

Fulcrum and Devil You Know were both doing just as much work, though. I'm glad I kept both.
You rolling with Field Choke?

At the least, it's really nice to be able to say with reasonable certainty that hand cannons as a class are still viable.

In retail employee loudspeaker voice:

"HAMMON REPORT TO THE VAULT, HAMMON PLEASE REPORT TO THE VAULT. TIMEPIECE IS NOT A PS EXCLUSIVE SO NO EXCUSES. REPORT TO THE TEMPLAR IMMEDIATELY."

;)

I have run it plenty of times but I'm not destined to receive it. I think it's karma for me dismantling the praetorian foil that dropped for me.

What are some examples of the second lowest impact PRs? I thought there were only 3 types.

There's from highest to lowest impact
Messenger, spare change
55A, Constellation scar,
Aegis of Kell, the conduit
Oversoul edict

The third one is the sweet spot I think, but looking in the databases the weapon I've been using, Skorri's Revenge, is in the 4th class so that must be the way to go, but I don't think it's as low impact as the edict somehow.

Frenden

Banned
You rolling with Field Choke?

At the least, it's really nice to be able to say with reasonable certainty that hand cannons as a class are still viable.

I forced myself to use AgBall. I saw the math on two-hit headshot kills earlier. Was that all contingent on AgBalls, or are we free to use something else? I know AgBall damage was nerfed, but I wasn't sure if we still needed it to pass certain two shot kill thresholds like we used to.

neoism

My Sprint button is offiicially busted >.>

you know ima afraid of this happening too..(love my white controller) not sure why i didnt change to how it was in reach when i had the chance..really liked sprint for X. it took me a little while to get used to aim with L1 and shot with R1 had to change them... triggers are bad.
id use bumper jumper, i became a waay better player in halo when i finally switched but the triggers are really bad on the ps4 controller..real shame because otherwise its a great controller.. shits all over the ps3 pad. but yeah zoba if you dun couch much just change it with O or square ...

I remember one time when my dog had diarrhea. It was in that moment that I realized he had talent as an interior designer.

When we got a new cat last year, she came from APL with a nice case of the brown screamin' demon. At the time we had a little box in our guest room closet. Well, it went all up the wall and all over the carpet.

While cleaning it, I noticed that the carpet kept shifting around. A few tugs later and boom, turns out we have Hard Wood floors underneath not just out guest room carpet, but all 3 of our bedroom carpets.

Blessing in disguise or something or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom