• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Full up for tonight's newbie raid, all true first timers. Can I just take a moment to mention how goddamn crazy awesome it is that there are still this many new Raiders still interested in trying the content after all this time. I've literally never had to cancel a single one of these due to lack of attendance and that blows my mind.

Frenden

Banned
Full up for tonight's newbie raid, all true first timers. Can I just take a moment to mention how goddamn crazy awesome it is that there are still this many new Raiders still interested in trying the content after all this time. I've literally never had to cancel a single one of these due to lack of attendance and that blows my mind.

Are you going to stream? I've got some work to do and would love to hang out and watch.

Frostburn

It is still awesome that you put these on each and every week. That so many of the community are willing to help others, DGAF is amazing and you guys are even more amazing!

neoism

FINALLY after like 40+ games i got a full game on BannerFall, had my best game also and won with a final rift score..

kreygasm

with out a doubt the best map....

hey bungle fix yo map rotation pls...

bleh Bannerfall disappoints. A and C are so far behind on the map that they're basically irrelevant. Everything is a grinder in one corner of the map on B and the rest of the map goes unused. Not a fan.

They ought to invert the zones, or at least move B away from the doorways.

Aomber

So how's the game now after 2.0? Downloading right now. Still have this game on 360 lawl, haven't played much at all since launch so hoping there's been improvements.

Anastasis

So how's the game now after 2.0? Downloading right now. Still have this game on 360 lawl, haven't played much at all since launch so hoping there's been improvements.

It feels really different even to us who have been playing non-stop. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Oynox

I would be one of those as well... but you are on PS4, right?

colinp

Banned

I've been around since day 1 but have still never raided. If you ever get a chance to do a PS3 run I'd join ya. ;)

Kalamari

Timepiece lacks the accuracy of the other PRs due to its fourth round and the extra recoil it creates. I still prefer the Red Death and Messenger.

Oynox

Maybe anyone remembers that I asked last month, which exotic bounty I should pick ( I had the choice between Bad Juju, Thorn and the shotgun). Most of you guys recommended Bad Juju to me... Of course I did not managed to finish the exotic bounty but got it through the patch.

And apparently it got even buffed, though pulse rifles in general got nerfed, but overall it is a buff nevertheless. I am curious to test it for the first time in the Crucible.

harrytang

Hawkian - you took my through my first ever destiny raid and I wanted to say thanks! Changed this game for me and brought me back in before HoW. Running Vog with you the proper way gave me enough knowledge to run with others and not be totally out of place while learning. It was so much fun and i encourage anyone lurking who might be thinking about joining in to just do it. Raid destiny is best destiny.

Plus you got absolutely hammered and still managed to pull us through. Incredible!

zewone

Timepiece lacks the accuracy of the other PRs due to its fourth round and the extra recoil it creates. I still prefer the Red Death and Messenger.

Secret Round doesn't shoot a 4th bullet.

Secret Round basically only takes 2 bullets from your clip rather than 3, even though 3 shots are fired.

This effectively gives you a huge clip on the timepiece.

33 shots with 3 a burst = 11 bursts
33 shots with 2 a burst = 16.5 bursts

That's a lot of kills without the need to reload.

The TLW nerf made me finally give the messenger a fair shake, its such a ridiculous gun, I knew that before hand obviously. PRs just lack the satisfaction that I got from hand cannon kills unfortunately.

Maybe anyone remembers that I asked last month, which exotic bounty I should pick ( I had the choice between Bad Juju, Thorn and the shotgun). Most of you guys recommended Bad Juju to me... Of course I did not managed to finish the exotic bounty but got it through the patch.

And apparently it got even buffed, though pulse rifles in general got nerfed, but overall it is a buff nevertheless. I am curious to test it for the first time in the Crucible.

It is quite a fantastic gun now. I have been very impressed with how I have done since I started using it. String of Curses is just an amazing perk for pvp.

I'm really impressed with that Dungeons map. Gives me old school halo vibes. I love how B is hidden away in a little room. My favorite so far.

Also, what time exactly does Xur show up? Is it tonight at midnight? I have 40 coins just from playing yesterday and today lol

Karl2177

Eh... I distinctly remember getting a Ghost in that location in HoW.

The one in the video is Exo 3, and below are the ones for DLC2.

6h5NkEo.png

def sim

I'm really impressed with that Dungeons map. Gives me old school halo vibes. I love how B is hidden away in a little room. My favorite so far.

Also, what time exactly does Xur show up? Is it tonight at midnight? I have 40 coins just from playing yesterday and today lol

5AM EDT

IIRC

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone lower than 20 and doing story? It's kind of boring solo lol. Level 16 and just did the first Venus mission. I'll tag along for earth and moon

MildSoss

The TLW nerf made me finally give the messenger a fair shake, its such a ridiculous gun, I knew that before hand obviously. PRs just lack the satisfaction that I got from hand cannon kills unfortunately.
That's exactly how I feel too, I love the messenger and can do just as well with it as I did with TLW but handcannons are just so much more fun to use then pulse rifles.

vctor182

Everyone's at B camping waiting for the obviously dumb guy who will fall down only to be greeted with 2 shotguns, 1 sniper and 1 AR lol

Did ANYONE other than me do better with the Omolon sniper than they usually do with good snipers? I emptied the mag with wild abandon and got a fair number of my 10 kills from multiple body shots. It seemed to work well for this and I got some very surprising headshots a couple of times.

Super late quote, but I just got home and am reading back through the thread. While it was a terrible sniper, I felt like I could basically shoot it like a scout rifle and get two quick body shots in.

Kalamari

Secret Round doesn't shoot a 4th bullet.

Secret Round basically only takes 2 bullets from your clip rather than 3, even though 3 shots are fired.

This effectively gives you a huge clip on the timepiece.

33 shots with 3 a burst = 11 bursts
33 shots with 2 a burst = 16.5 bursts

That's a lot of kills without the need to reload.

That might have been how it worked in the past, but not any longer. Shooting a wall shows 4 shots.

edit: actually, it does exactly what you said, when you miss a shot on an enemy, the burst uses one less round. But when you miss completely, 4 shots are fired (3 from the mag and one secret round). I wonder if this is a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom