• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need 2 more for HM Crota. At Bridge now.
1. DirtyAquaticApe
2. IRL Friend
3. Zocano
4.inapplicable
5.d-sipher
6.muten

Going to do DS and Crota 3x

Edit: full

todd360

I'm so tired that I continued to talk to math even though she left my fireteam. Took me 30 seconds to realize I was talking to myself lol.

LTWood12

Ugh, have to pack for a week long vacation (w/ two kids in tow) and all I want to do is level my gunsmith. This vacation is really getting in the way of my fun.

Tuesday on the beach I'm going to have the shakes.

phen0m24

I'm guessing today's is going to be pretty big. Should be up soon.

You see we had Luke in the thread today? Funny

GGs to the crucible crew.

Preordering TTK tomorrow :D

Glad you're back strider - you were crushing in pvp

Fellow Hori folks, did you ever find English instructions. Doing some Googling...

There's a youtube video somewhere Frenden

I'm so tired that I continued to talk to math even though she left my fireteam. Took me 30 seconds to realize I was talking to myself lol.

Sounds like something I would do Todd lol :p Get some sleep man! Be ready for next week! :)

DAMN the timepiece fucking REKTS... real shame its not got my fav sight.. but damn...

Which sight do you use? I like the middle red dot
another convert zew

Fellow Hori folks, did you ever find English instructions. Doing some Googling...

Mine just showed up today. I figured out the turbo function. The button that switches functionality, don't know that one but don't think I'll use it. Just make sure that one switch is on 4 and not 3.

neoism

I uhh totally knew that Bad Juju had full auto and you didnt have to spam the trigger. Totally >_>

latest

Strider

Glad you're back strider - you were crushing in pvp

This isthe best community on gaf. I seriously wouldn't be getting it if it wasn't for all the cool people I met through these threads.

Full up for tonight's newbie raid, all true first timers. Can I just take a moment to mention how goddamn crazy awesome it is that there are still this many new Raiders still interested in trying the content after all this time. I've literally never had to cancel a single one of these due to lack of attendance and that blows my mind.

Man I hope I can catch one of these sometime since I never did do CE. That Thursday time probably will never work for me unfortunately :(

• Dungeons - A sleeper hit, the Dungeons is TTK's best 3v3 map. I haven't played it in 6s yet but I imagine the spawns being wonky. From a design standpoint, it's clean, simple to understand and leaves most of the combat up to the player.
  • Bannerfall - Pleasing to look at with good verticality and pathing to boot. Bannerfall is the premier Rift map and it handles beautifully, but it struggles with pacing in the other game modes. Control especially plays weirdly with the dynamic spawns and oddly placed zones. Its overall layout however is strong, and better objective and spawning could secure its spots as one of the better maps.
  • Crossroads - A unique map with neat geometry and fun gameplay mechanics. Probably not good for 3s, but 6s flow pretty well.
  • Frontier - Although the free terrain should make this a free fire zone, the structures get a bit complicated. It's not that great for Rift, but it has potential in the other game modes
  • Drifter - This map in 6s is ridiculous. The spawns are all over the place and the tunnels are like clogged arteries. In 3s however I think its pathing will shine and allow players to plan their movements around the map.
  • Vertigo - The teleporters add an interesting dynamic to this map that hasn't been fully tapped into yet. The geometry is a bit convoluted and i think the routes are too flat, but it is one of the stronger objective maps in TTK.
  • Memento - Bungie tried something extreme here with verticality that we haven't really seen in a Destiny map yet. Unfortunately, they accompany that verticality with a bunch of long stair cases and clutter the rest of the geometry with visual noise. The map is distracting and cramped and ultimately wastes its potential. I think it will be decent in Salvage and Elimination, but Rift and Skirmish aren't too hot.
  • Sector 618 - I think this map speaks for itself. I honestly can't think of one redeeming factor on it. The bridges were a neat concept but were poorly executed because of how closed off and decorated they are. We're left with a cluttered map with wonky spawns, virtually no sightlines and unpredictable map flow. Halo 2's backwash was a better map.

Vire

Damn Rift on Bannerfall is so much fun!

Just had three scores and got a triple kill when I was slamming down. Good job Lars and crew!

Good games everyone. Had a lot of fun, except for those Sector 618 games. That map really saps the energy out of a lobby.

On another note, I'm officially in love with the Jewel.

So, you still think it's good? Haven't tried it yet, but after how disappointing my experiences with HCs have been, it would be great to find a silver lining to this black cloud.

Good games everyone. Had a lot of fun, except for those Sector 618 games. That map really saps the energy out of a lobby.

On another note, I'm officially in love with the Jewel.

Jewel huh? I'll give it a go.

By the way, this hori pad? Very interesting. Full review to come later.

Just want to say I have a full auto Red Death now. Good stuff.

Something I was never sure of: Is the radar a motion sensor similar to Halo's where you can crouch to avoid detection?

Rift has been all new maps for me.
Crouching will take you off the map. For a short period of time. You'll pop in and out.

Most people don't look at their radar anyway so popping in and out is fine.

R0ckman

Why are people trying to force thorn back into relevancy? Been playing a couple of pvp matches and they are refusing to put the weapon down despite being destroyed from it.

On a side note, I love the Necro now! Surprised I'm not seeing more randos with it.

Vire

Something I was never sure of: Is the radar a motion sensor similar to Halo's where you can crouch to avoid detection?

Rift has been all new maps for me.

Hmm, I played Rift and got some of the House of Wolves maps. Not the end of the world, but I've played a ton of those already and would just like to try the new maps.

Swords disappearing in Scrota's end again, so stupid.

Both raids had weird stuff going on since 2.0

VoG: Templar detaining randomly, teleporting without shield break. Also they reset the timer on the relic shield...so stupid. Why did they have to touch anything in VoG? It was perfect :(

CE: Gatekeeper respawns on the bridge if he falls down the cliff. Sword disappearing, gatekeeper deflecting sword attacks, Crota not kneeling to dps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom