• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
XR1zBiM.gif
*Looking for the 4th horsemen* "Dammitttt!"

Vire

Kind of annoyed that Scout Rifles and Handcannons are irrelevant again and the game has turned back into Vanilla Destiny where Call of Duty assault rifles reigned supreme.

Blegh.

What do you like about it? It's almost literally a bunch of trash everywhere.

It's fun. I mean that's all I can say about it. I just like the two bridge concept and the map is straight to the point with battle because of only two ways to engage. It makes for a fun and hectic game.

But what is it about the Jewel that you like better than, say, Hawkmoon?

I haven't used Hawkmoon in a while, but what I didn't like about it was its recoil. I wasn't able to predict the follow up headshots so it didnt' feel consistent to me.

The Jewel feels like butter. It's hard to explain but it just works for me.

HMD

Kind of annoyed that Scout Rifles and Handcannons are irrelevant again and the game has turned back into Vanilla Destiny where Call of Duty assault rifles reigned supreme.

Blegh.

Omolon Fusin Rifle is ruling the Crucible for me, it's a beast in control and everyone is using it.

It's fun. I mean that's all I can say about it. I just like the two bridge concept and the map is straight to the point with battle because of only two ways to engage. It makes for a fun and hectic game.

Eh, if you like it because it's fun that's fair. I love Bastion and Cauldron but i know those maps have taken hits.

Sector is the antithesis of my playstyle foremost, but there are still maps like that in Destiny that are better designed.

Lnkn52

Year 2 started off great. Having Luke posting here regularly was one of the features I wanted for 2.0.

either, I have 1 hour playing time. RIP

I haven't used Hawkmoon in a while, but what I didn't like about it was its recoil. I wasn't able to predict the follow up headshots so it didnt' feel consistent to me.

The Jewel feels like butter. It's hard to explain but it just works for me.

You tried Timur's Lash? With Triple Tap, Braced Frame and LitC it seems like it my be solid. That impact...

I've still been having success with TLW in Crucible. Just at what's supposed to be its intended range (closer mid). Anyone that tries to close into shotgun range winds up dead. I just have to rely on a sniper at ranges that used to be covered by handcannons.

Year 2 started off great. Having Luke posting here regularly was one of the features I wanted for 2.0.

Yea it's pretty awesome. Hopefully the dreadnaught continues the sine wave.

You tried Timur's Lash? With Triple Tap, Braced Frame and LitC it seems like it my be solid. That impact...

Don't have one of those either but I can't say i'm a fan of the slow rate of fire weapons. Time between shots is the perfect opportunity for a sniper to line up a headshot.

Eh, if you like it because it's fun that's fair. I love Bastion and Cauldron but i know those maps have taken hits.

Sector is the antithesis of my playstyle foremost, but there are still maps like that in Destiny that are better designed.
I don't think the map is perfect by any means. They could have done a way better job with the bridge concept. I do appreciate they made it though. It's like a distant cousin of Narrows to me.

I don't think the map is perfect by any means. They could have done a way better job with the bridge concept. I do appreciate they made it though. It's like a distant cousin of Narrows to me.

Narrows is what I wish they would have done. If 60% of the crates and walls were removed, it would play so much better to me. As it is, i feel like i don't have fights with anyone until they're within range to slide shotgun me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom