• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say that Sector plays decently in Skirmish until I started getting slide shotgun sniped by Felwinter's.

nope.gif

love how that video posted earlier says to "back pedal"

Kill times are so slow on anything not a Last Word, Fusion Rifle, or Shotgun in CQB. By the time the Jewel can kill a player, they can close the distance with sliding shotgun.

I just automatically assume most people have shotguns and try to keep a certain distance away. If I see a blip around a corner I just fall back and disengage.

Defuser

Dear PvP players...if you're disappointed with your nerf hopscotch I would suggest to use the 55AAllFate pulse rifle, it was left untouched. So if you roll..

-Braced Frame
-Headseeker

You can fire fast, long range reach and can still 2 headshot targets.

I got mine with outlaw,braced frame and hidden hand, just play on pantheon and I got 3.0 KD from just shooting at a far distance.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone care to share what has been changed about VoG?
I read back three pages and didn't see anything about it. I tried, I tried.

EL CUCO

Dear PvP players...if you're disappointed with your nerf hopscotch I would suggest to use the 55AAllFate pulse rifle, it was left untouched. So if you roll..

-Braced Frame
-Headseeker

You can fire fast, long range reach and can still 2 headshot targets.

I got mine with outlaw,braced frame and hidden hand, just play on pantheon and I got 3.0 KD from just shooting at a far distance.
Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to reforge mine just hadn't got around to it.

FyreWulff

Also, if nobody noticed yet

- Guns with perks that proc now show you in the killfeed (ie, Red Death now says "/_\ RED DEATH" when it procs on a kill)

- Guns with perks that return ammo show the ammo being returned next to the weapon slot (ie Fourth Horseman will now say +2 on a kill when the ammo perk procs)

I cany hit poeple on tge other side of the map with thorn! Destiny saved.

Finally got to play some rift. Its pretty intense. Some of the new maps are not blunk friendly. So many pit falls and low roofs

well, i can't believe i'm saying this but Sector 618 is actually a decent skirmish map after all. there are at least 5 maps in the game i'd put below it for worst map.

The problem with it more than anything is the stupid range on the shotguns. There are enough sightlines on the map to have some interesting engagements, but sliding and shotgunning makes the rooms feel smaller than they really are.

Honestly, most of the maps in the game play better in Skirmish but it seems to be unusually true with this expansion.

The high impact shotties weren't hit hard enough if you ask me. I wish they'd nerf them to the point where people would go back to Fusion Rifles again. Shotguns and Fusion Rifles always coexisted side by side, but fusions overtook them because they could kill at insane ranges. Now shotguns are doing the same thing just as effectively and fusions are obsolete.

If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png

M4vHJGG.png

Ue6UQba.png

This is the most that can fit in my screen. If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

uNvaFBj.png

I did not post nearly as much as I thought I did.

Gordon

Man, Thorn is decent. I didn't like using it before because I felt like a dick, but it's not quite as bad now. Red Death is a solid counter, and Timepiece was cutting me down before I could get a second shot off, let alone a third.

That said, I really hope the armsday reward weapons have some perks to add more counters and bring more balance that way - I'm not a fan of Thorn when people are shooting me with it, and after using that Omolon sniper rifle for 10 kills (well, 20 across two characters so far), I feel like I deserve a solid reward lol Blegh.

Hey is Xur supposed to be showing up tonight?

Voror

If you have both expansions installed the game gives you a lot of stuff along the way via quests you'll actually finish the dark below story outside of the raid at level 18 and get a really good fusion rifle. I have also never seen so many engrams drop Once I finally hit level 20. Plus I can now basically say that the new loot system really tries to actually give you something that is better than what you have. The only thing is that you get set gear from the gold Chests, so you most likely will get garbage from them once you find them. Especially if you are doing bounties while leveling

What about when it's not giving you anything at all? Granted, I always place last in pretty much every match I do so I guess it makes sense not to get rewarded for being terrible.

I feel like everyone can kill me way faster then I can do them. Is part of it them having simply much better weapons? I know I'm terrible but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong honestly.

This is the most that can fit in my screen. If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png

Xplicit man you're doing the lord's work
rejoice.png

I think we all knew Nami would be number one, but obviously since it's a Bungie game 7 is the best ;)

Gordon

In 4hrs 25mins 30secs.
Sweet. I wasn't sure if they were going to bother. Any idea/guesses as to what pool of gear he'll be selling from? (Year 1 vs year 2)

And have any xbox players seen any exotics drop in crucible this week? I haven't been playing that much, but I figure I ought to have seen one by now unless they really nerfed the drop rate. I haven't seen anything other than blues drop. I kinda figured we were getting treated like level 20s because of the level cap increase, but I see that TLW and Monte Carlo back a few posts and I'm jelly.

Only Exotics i'm missing now are 4th Horseman, Dreg and Wolves

Trust me, you're not missing Dreg's Promise.

I'm pretty sure I heard the Avengers. That gives Zoba-Mom some cool cred. :)

Please tell me you saw that
annihilation
match on Blind Watch Luke. OUCH

PS Hire Zoba

I yelled downstairs and i'm like "why is the TV so loud?! her response "because it's the Avengers!"

.____.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom