• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone that never really used any of the exotic hand cannons I'm having a lot of fun messing around with TLW today. It's a nice change of pace running around the map hip firing everyone like an old west shoot-out lol.

Anastasis

Omfg that Crota kill.

We've decided that Crota knows daddy is in town and is trying extra hard to impress him. Brushing up on all the old tricks. Invisi-vision, disappearing swords, the works!

I can't believe we pulled that last run off. I neeeever mention it during the run, but typically on a Newbie run, seeing that "Enrage is Near" pop up just means game over. That transition from the Ogre-Res-Run across when everyone thought I was inside on the bottom was so tense, but you all kept it together and made it back... only to have the Swordbearer follow us inside! Everything that could possibly go wrong did go wrong with that run. Deaths, disappearing sword, swordbearer on crack. And we still held it together an pulled it off... with a first time swordbearer for the kill no less. So fucking good!

ahaha that was fun as hell. Seems like the patch reset Crota to version 1.0 though. All the old glitches are back, and I got the shader and emblem as though I'd never beaten it before... uhhh?

Well hey. Even with the extra handicaps, awesome run.

I wish I could have followed it more closely. I was putting (am still putting) kids in bed. Firestorm is my IRL friend who wanted to kill Crota before TTK because Oryx is coming for You because You killed his son. He felt it would be weird to play TTK without killing Crota first. Ha!

So thank you so much for taking him. I've tried to have him run with you before. He gets to bed much earlier than I do so I haven't been able to help him. You're the best!

rainy_day

I wish I could have followed it more closely. I was putting (am still putting) kids in bed. Firestorm is my IRL friend who wanted to kill Crota before TTK because Oryx is coming for You because You killed his son. He felt it would be weird to play TTK without killing Crota first. Ha!

So thank you so much for taking him. I've tried to have him run with you before. He gets to bed much earlier than I do so I haven't been able to help him. You're the best!
Lol my thought as well, I needed to experience crota before his dad comes to town! Firestorm did great!

FyreWulff

lol, the game even forcibly removes your TTK emblem if you go back to PS3 from PS4 (since the purchases are no longer cross-system). It's the default titan emblem, even though I don't have it anywhere.

Brushing up on all the old tricks. Invisi-vision, disappearing swords, the works!

Invis-vision has never gone away since they first introduced it with the LAN cable pulling patch, but are disappearing swords seriously back? That would be a major bummer since it was the one Scrota behavior they legitimately fixed.

I'm still ticked off about the changes they made to VoG.

Thanks for smooth Crota run guys! Raids feel really easy right now. Looking forward to King's Fall for a challenge again.

For PvE focused folks raids aren't challenging very long, especially Crota. He was on farm by that weekend. HM VoG took people awhile because of Forever29 and people were so focused on cheese they didn't learn the encounters well. Confluxes and Gatekeepers were rough for some time.

I have a feeling I'm going to live in King's Fall for about a week straight when it releases.

Voror

Would it be worth spending the glimmer to get a better handcannon at the Gunsmith? Or should I just keep going at the Crucible and story hoping to get one?

Swordbearer's touch no longer gives you ability boost :(

Safe to assume that the new raid will have Swordbearers.

Wait why does the first sentence imply the second one?

Raid gear spoiler from data mining:
one of the armor perks gives an Armor boost while holding the "King's Fall relic."

Would it be worth spending the glimmer to get a better handcannon at the Gunsmith? Or should I just keep going at the Crucible and story hoping to get one?

I wouldn't bother. You'll get enough gear from playing normally.

Thanks for the games guys!

Idk I'm not feeling rift. Maybe once TTK start and different weapons/armor come in. Maybe things will change...it's kind of boring.

Idk I'm not feeling rift. Maybe once TTK start and different weapons/armor come in. Maybe things will change...it's kind of boring.

Yeah that's where I'm at with PvP as well. This is sort of a weird transitional week, I just don't care that much. Waiting for all the new gear to see where the meta settles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Aha, and Crota was killed by his own hand! Daddy not gonna be happy!

blink shotgun nerf needs to go further. just played Drifter in skirmish, which would have been fun were it not for the guy who refuses to let old habits die. still getting sniped by matadors and blink is still the best jump in the meta.

on that note, this is definitely not a clash map. it flowed much better in skirmish.

Frenden

Banned

I'd like to try and get some team games in. Aside from a few games the first day, I've been playing with randoms. And it's been awful due to that.

Almost all my Crucible stats/matches aside from Iron Banner trains have been acrued solo. I'm starting to think that sticking with GAF groups more often would be good for my sanity.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Invis-vision has never gone away since they first introduced it with the LAN cable pulling patch, but are disappearing swords seriously back? That would be a major bummer since it was the one Scrota behavior they legitimately fixed.

I'm still ticked off about the changes they made to VoG.
i see, what are the VoG changes

Yeah that's where I'm at with PvP as well. This is sort of a weird transitional week, I just don't care that much. Waiting for all the new gear to see where the meta settles.
Agreed.

It's so bla right now. Doesn't help that I'm not fond of any of the new maps. Tho memento at night is freaking amazing looks wise.

Wait why does the first sentence imply the second one?

Raid gear spoiler from data mining:
one of the armor perks gives an Armor boost while holding the "King's Fall relic."

Because otherwise what reason could they have for removing the agility buff? The crota boots with sword carrying agility may offer an unexpected buff in Kings fall? Or while wielding one of the new sword weapons we can acquire in TTK?

blink shotgun nerf needs to go further. just played Drifter in skirmish, which would have been fun were it not for the guy who refuses to let old habits die. still getting sniped by matadors and blink is still the best jump in the meta.

on that note, this is definitely not a clash map. it flowed much better in skirmish.
Most of these maps seem to work better in skirmish. But I'v always been a skirmish kinda person.

Blink + shotgun should've been nerfed into the ground. That's nothing new tho.

Because otherwise what reason could they have for removing the agility buff? The crota boots with sword carrying agility may offer an unexpected buff in Kings fall? Or while wielding one of the new sword weapons we can acquire in TTK?

They seem to be pushing those orb things pretty hard. Considering they have spoken about trying to introduce raid mechanic stuff before hand it is possible that the relic might be some kind of orb? Anything is possible

Hey guys, Vex Mythoclast goes up to 177 attack.

Purchase it from the blueprints and level it up fully. I used a fusion rifle telemetry and 15 motes, did the trick.

Wilde

Anyone need to run the weekly heroic? Trying to help a friend who is new to the game get through it. He is a 34, but has lower level gear, so I could use another experienced guardian. (I really want to avoid playing with randoms on a no burn Omnigul!)

ZW33.

Anyone need to run the weekly heroic? Trying to help a friend who is new to the game get through it. He is a 34, but has lower level gear, so I could use another experienced guardian. (I really want to avoid playing with randoms on a no burn Omnigul!)

ZW33.

Still need someone? psn = gutterboy44

Just helped my friend beat Crota on HM for Triumphs. We got there two manning the whole way, then beat Crota with only 3 of us. And my other friend got Crux. Feels good man. /brag

Bannerfall Skirmish is legit. Way better than i initially thought.

I think it's because when I played with the aggressive players we were constantly blinking and chasing after the other team, so it made the spawns flip all the time and it was just boring. But playing against decent players, it's basically a sniper battle all around the middle of the map.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

meh

one thing that doesn't get talked about much with all the new stuff going on is that the lag is still very real

i've seen blink takeoffs turn into chris nolan trilogies in the 3 days i've played

Reposting do everyone sees this:

Vex Mythoclast goes up to 177 attack.

Purchase it from the blueprints and level it up fully. I used a fusion rifle telemetry and 15 motes, did the trick.

ViciousDS

Banned

If you have both expansions installed the game gives you a lot of stuff along the way via quests you'll actually finish the dark below story outside of the raid at level 18 and get a really good fusion rifle. I have also never seen so many engrams drop Once I finally hit level 20. Plus I can now basically say that the new loot system really tries to actually give you something that is better than what you have. The only thing is that you get set gear from the gold Chests, so you most likely will get garbage from them once you find them. Especially if you are doing bounties while leveling

Kurumi

Thanks for the great games guys! Was fun! I'm ready to try out the new gear and subclasses. Playing Rift with year one gear is less fun to me. The shotgun in pvp still annoys me to no end. GG Bungie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom